Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amp on FA explanation

Amp on FA explanation

How does amp work on an FA? I never understood why people say amp is better than CD.
    If you follow this formula, ([(attack)x (amp)]+add.attack)x crit dmg, you can see that amp is never (rarely maybe) better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakamon View Post
    How does amp work on an FA? I never understood why people say amp is better than CD.
    If you follow this formula, ([(attack)x (amp)]+add.attack)x crit dmg, you can see that amp is never (rarely maybe) better.
    Depending on how much amp/cd you are comparing, amp can be much better than cd for certain skills with low add attack and low add amp

FA bm2 normal attack has +223 attack and +0 amp

WA bm2 normal attack has something like +315 and +40 amp (on the 2nd hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    Depending on how much amp/cd you are comparing, amp can be much better than cd for certain skills with low add attack and low add amp

FA bm2 normal attack has +223 attack and +0 amp

WA bm2 normal attack has something like +315 and +40 amp (on the 2nd hit)
    Oh I see so it's all about FA's BM2
    Ty!

Oh I see so it's all about FA's BM2
    Ty!
    its not all about bm2 -___- even tho bm2 plays a huge part

Now RETIRED after 5 years of Cabal Service
    [My Minisha Solo][My No Bar PlumaSolo][Me Soloing MO]
    #1 FA In Venus Wassup?
    Cabal NA : ForceArcher Hall Of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by xFaLL3NxAng3L View Post
    its not all about bm2 -___- even tho bm2 plays a huge part
    Do you use that formula? Which skills then O_o

nope i dont use that formula

i rather have high amp and decent cdi
    then have high cdi and low amp

if that makes sense too you

Now RETIRED after 5 years of Cabal Service
    [My Minisha Solo][My No Bar PlumaSolo][Me Soloing MO]
    #1 FA In Venus Wassup?
    Cabal NA : ForceArcher Hall Of Fame

Banned
    the amount of amp:cd that you need for one to be hands down better than the other varies from skill to skill.

On skills with a lot of add attack and amp such as our completer skill, 16 cd is better than 7 amp.

On a skill with low add attack and amp such as critical shot and freezing lance, 16 cd will not be significantly better (weaker in the case of critical shot).

FA is typically one of the only classes that spams nothing but fillers. Many, but not all, WI and FB will use their big skills mid-combo as well, instead of only as a finisher.

7 amp is generally equal to 14-15 cd for all classes, i don't see how you'd get the idea amp is generally worse than cd?

the game isn't about how high you can crit, your average damage matters so much in dungeon, boss hunting, war.

lastly, there every class needs a fine balance between amp and cd. If your cd is so high, say 200% CD and amp is 10%? 10% increment in amp is going to add more average damage than say 30% cd. FA's transcender buff happen to be one of those things, 90 cdi and 25% rate (additional cd with ring swap). you gain more overall damage from aos / bm2 from amp than cd.

Another thing to consider is that cd is not constant damage but spike damage. HOw many times you crit depends on rate, and your opponent. In contrast. amp is constant damage, whether you crit or not you still benefit (although peak cd may not be as high as if you have a higher cd setup).

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsThisIdontEven View Post
    7 amp is generally equal to 14-15 cd for all classes, i don't see how you'd get the idea amp is generally worse than cd?

the game isn't about how high you can crit, your average damage matters so much in dungeon, boss hunting, war.

lastly, there every class needs a fine balance between amp and cd. If your cd is so high, say 200% CD and amp is 10%? 10% increment in amp is going to add more average damage than say 30% cd. FA's transcender buff happen to be one of those things, 90 cdi and 25% rate (additional cd with ring swap). you gain more overall damage from aos / bm2 from amp than cd.
    You calculator average damage depending on how many critical rate you have and then you can see which one benefits the most. As in general CD is better than Amp

And you're right about balancing but... we're not at that point where we're have an overdose of CD and not enough amp yet..... (I don't think we can anyway)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast