Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Computer help... x.x

Unhappy Computer help... x.x

kay so,i always had windows xp,but idk why i felt like installing vista,it is ok but i rather stay with xp VISTA I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥S.anyway a friend told me about windows 7 being better than xp/vista.my question is:
    is windows 7 worth it?like for gaming and stuffs.

this is my video card(i think) Intel(R)82945G Express Chipset Family
    so far when i was using windows XP it worked fine but with vista my cabal screen goes black >.>.weird cuz xp was working fine.

this is my SYSTEM INFO.....it doesnt matter if i have to buy the windows 7 drivers or w/e(if i even have to)but since i lost my windows xp CDs and i have to buy the CDs anyway;idk whats the best choice.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.111025-0338)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: GATEWA
    System Model: GT5026E
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 1012MB RAM
    Page File: 975MB used, 1312MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

if theres a better/cheaper way than buying windows xp/7 and the drivers cds please tell me..

oh and yes i suck at computers lol XD

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    A radical suggestion. You really have to motivate people to either start (or keep) playing this game.
    ^ for ESTsoft

Stay with xp. 7 is what vista should have been. It is a great operating system but I dont think your computer is capable of running it effectively. Untill your ready for an upgrade just keep what you have. If it feels like its running slow. Might be time to do some serious cleaning. Either inside the case with a can of air or reformating your harddrive so that you can have a clean install of xp. When you keep installing and removing programs from your computer. It tends to slow it down if its been way to long since the last time you did it. The best I can describe it is. When you install a program it creates a path. When you remove it. It leaves that path. So when your computer is searching for files. It goes through each path till it finds it. The more you have the slower it is. Reformating and wiping your drive gets you back to square one. My 2 cents.
    My Youtube Channel My Dungeon Video Guides

Thank you for the sig InfiCathi!

ty,i just decided to buy a new pc cuz it isnt actually worth the time and money trying to fix it x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    A radical suggestion. You really have to motivate people to either start (or keep) playing this game.
    ^ for ESTsoft