Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update and nothing happended

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    any solution for this problem yet? the only way I can get the client to show is if I delete the update file in the Cabal folder, restart my comp and open cabal again, it's getting rly annoying
    it is very annoying when u trying to get into war with out being in wl

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloOfPain View Post
    Why i cant connect to the game???Is there any problem with cabal???
    dont know what your problem is but prly bad internet
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisupi007 View Post
    Look at the cabal updater its stuck there forever using 50% cpu and no launcher.

SCREENSHOT: Attachment 4356
    yeah thats the problem im haveing i keep ending process each time it stay their that long with out anything happening

update its seems to work when u get enternet explorer on

I'm having the same problem. I've reinstalled the game twice from a freshly-downloaded installer, disabled anti-virus, cleaned the Registry, etc.

In order for me to get the game running, I've been doing the "husky method" as follows:

1. Find your Cabal installation folder.
    2. Create a shortcut of the CabalMain.exe file to the Desktop.
    3. Right-click on the newly-created shortcut and choose Properties.
    4. Add "husky" (without quotes) to the end of the "Target" entry (ie. "C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online\CabalMain.exe" husky) and press OK.
    - Note: My system is 64-bit, so the "(x86)" at the end of Program Files may not be there for you if you run a 32-bit version of Windows.
    5. If using Windows Vista/7, right click the shortcut and "Run as Administrator".
    **This bypasses the update launcher and directly runs the game. GameGuard will still update, but the game's client files will not. Manual updates will be required until this issue is resolved.
    Yes, my stats fail. I know this...

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlancoNino View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I've reinstalled the game twice from a freshly-downloaded installer, disabled anti-virus, cleaned the Registry, etc.

In order for me to get the game running, I've been doing the "husky method" as follows:

**This bypasses the update launcher and directly runs the game. GameGuard will still update, but the game's client files will not. Manual updates will be required until this issue is resolved.
    This wont get you blocked/banned will it? and how do you manually install an update?

Husky is just a startup argument, its not something you will be banned for because if your clients not up to date it will simply display a dialog saying the game will now exit for update before you can even log in. Husky is only appropriate if you had the current update/patch installed and the version check matches the hashes.

Manual patch:
    www.cabal.com/DownLoad/ManualPatch

However; I'm not sure if the manual patch bypasses the updater anyway as its pretty small of a file and probably just check the cabal exes present and prompt for replacing the files, if thats through the update window like a normal patch then it probably won't solve your problem of not being able to update.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    Manual patch:
    www.cabal.com/DownLoad/ManualPatch

However; I'm not sure if the manual patch bypasses the updater anyway as its pretty small of a file and probably just check the cabal exes present and prompt for replacing the files, if thats through the update window like a normal patch then it probably won't solve your problem of not being able to update.
    I just ran the patch, which did nothing to update the game files after last night's update.

I believe that the manual patch that you linked is only for those who have the original OGP Cabal client installed. That patch just updates the files in the launcher to connect to the ESTSoft servers instead of the OGP servers, rather than performing an update. At this point, I can't find any sort of actual manual patch other than the one you listed.

*Just a thought at this point, what operating system is everyone that has this problem running? I can run (and update) the game just fine on my Windows XP systems, just not anything that I have Windows 7 installed on.

**UPDATE: I got the updater to work. I don't know if this fix will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

I installed the game directly into the "Program Files" folder, rather than the "Program Files (x86)" folder that the installer defaulted to.

*This would only possibly work on 64-bit systems, as 32-bit systems wouldn't have the "Program Files (x86)" folder at all.

[GM] Kato
    Thanks for the info, ElBlancoNino!

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Kato View Post
    Thanks for the info, ElBlancoNino!
    ban hammer?

<<< UPDATE >>> Launcher won't start

Launcher won't start issue. Windows came up with a solution that worked:

Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
    The program you were trying to install or use requires the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

To solve this problem, uninstall and then reinstall Adobe Flash Player by following these steps in the order given:

1. Click to go online and run the Flash Player uninstaller
    2. Click Run or Open, and then follow the instructions to uninstall flash player. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Click to go online and install the Flash Player update

Problem Details:
    Description
    This program requires flash.ocx, which is no longer included in this version of Windows.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: ApphelpSoftBlock
    Problem Signature 01: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111}
    Problem Signature 02: {5DB2B40D-9DC4-4023-AEC4-5BC3652B1AD3}
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 5864859

♫ If it takes forever, I will die trying ♫

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast