Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: New Update...what's with the defense in war?

Shadow Titanium

New Update...what's with the defense in war?

Ok, I like most of the stuff from new update so far....personally 2 days ago was my first time trying the new update....the day before the update came out I was in the process of moving to my new house...took me a while to get my new ISP at new house...

So anyway I jump into war (T4 that is)....my first encounter with someone in BM3 wasn't pretty....5 - 6 seconds I was running with my tail between my legs like a scared little puppy....LOL Really though, I'm with 26k HP and over 1100ish def and before I can get 2 attacks off against someone in BM3, I'm down to about 4 or 5k HP...that BM3 is some deadly stuff indeed...

Ok so move on to the guardians (large ones that is)...hmm...before update I took 800ish damage per hit from them...after the update I get hit for 2200 per hit....ouch!....now half of my team (mainly FA, WI and FB) die to the guardian if they don't run and heal up, keep it deleveled/debuffed or simply go BM...guardian's hit hard as or harder than some players now....only time I would ever lose so much HP to any guardian before is if I had MB on...I guess it's not a bad thing though...

One thing that's confusing though...the update says...

Raised the defense and HP of users

- Section Lv. 140 ~ 169
    Before: Character defense increases 1.5 times / HP 5 times

After: Character defense increases 1.75times / HP 6 times
    - Section Lv. 170 ~ 190
    Before: Character defense increases 1.5 times / HP 5 times
    After: Character defense increases 2 times / HP 7 times

Ok, fine...I see the HP effect....but where is this increased defense modifier?

Maybe the display is bugged or something because my defense is the same in war as it is before I enter war channel...am I wrong to assume that 1.75 times defense should give me more defense than what I have before I enter war (like HP works)? It doesn't seem to be working at all...In fact, It didn't seem to work before the update either....just that people didn't notice it since there was no BM3'ers running around and not 2k+ damage from guardians...

Anyway, I really need to get my BM3...

OH and one more thing....what happened to the guild title "The member of the resolutionary party"....that give +30 HP and +2 sword/magic amp?

Did the not include that in the new achievement system?
    Last edited by Davynelord; 03-15-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Banned
    your atk also increases by 4 times, but it doesn't show in character screen

^ What r u talking about? @@

@OP: Your def actually has been increased by 1.75 time. It's just not displayed in the Char info window. And guardians stats have been increased, that's why they hit you so hard.
    Everything is working fine and as intended.

In my opinion this was a much needed update for T5. With BM3 coming out, the guardians would have been whipped out way to quickly. Also people are not getting 2-3 shot.
    My Youtube Channel My Dungeon Video Guides

Thank you for the sig InfiCathi!

Banned
    in T5 your HP x7, atk x 4 and def x2

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorCode6 View Post
    in T5 your HP x7, atk x 4 and def x2
    From where do u get the atk x 4?

Isn't the damage in TG is calculated like this: The number in the ( ) besides your magic/atk minus the def (already 1.75 or 2 times increased) = non crit damage?

Banned
    you are right
    otherwise, you can think like this atk x4 or dmg dont be divided by 4 like in pvp.
    if not it will take forever to kill a person in TG
    so basicaly now in T5, the dmg you take in TG = 2x the dmg you take in pvp
    Last edited by ErrorCode6; 03-15-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Shadow Titanium
    Ok, I know guardian damage was increased, duh I can read, just commenting on the damage differences....but I wasn't aware of the x4 damage increase of players (if that is true)...is that actually increased in this update or has it always been x4 damage?

Also my issue really wasn't about T5 though (I'm not there yet, I'm T4)....but that it just doesn't feel like they increased defense from 1.5x to 1.75x.

Really if they did, I'd like to see that value show up in my charcter sheet...otherwise your just blowing smoke up my butt...just saying, I felt stronger defensively pre-update...post-update, I'm asking myself "what the hell happened to my defense"....I'm about ready to do some damage test in war so I know exactly what's going on behind the scenes..
    Last edited by Davynelord; 03-15-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Athian View Post
    In my opinion this was a much needed update for T5. With BM3 coming out, the guardians would have been whipped out way to quickly. Also people are not getting 2-3 shot.
    Yes I agree, In T4 BM3 took omega and 3 mediums so darn fast it looked like someone was hacking the cores...LOL....we still fighting 3 smalls and 1 medium and they have 3 mediums and 1 large already...

Personally I still think they need to do some more balancing in war....BM3 is tipping the scale away from players with normal gear...next thing you know you'll see nothing but BM3's running around in war full time....which would probably be kinda cool...unless your on the losing side LOL