Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Reall Weird Problem With the Launcher

Reall Weird Problem With the Launcher

Ok, so I'm having a strange as f*** issue with the launcher. I have Cabal installed on my laptop so I can play it wherever I want. When I launch it at home, at my girlfriend's house, at a Starbucks, or anywhere, it works fine. But when I launch it on my college campus, the launcher says that eng_imgrepository.dll is missing and shuts down. When I restart the launcher, the download progress window appears and it says download failed and exits. When I get back home, it works fine. I know my college doesn't block video games because every other game I have on my laptop works fine, it's just Cabal that has this problem. Can somebody give me some advice on how to fix this issue?

lol dont use it in ur college school
    when ur in shcool dont play any games in ur laptop
    just review ur study
    * Image removed by [GM] Kato. Please reduce the size of this image next time. Thank you. *
    To Stop Hacking

Staff's never Asking For ur User id
    even if they Can Know it every time they wanted
    Coz They Have Panel Where They Can Edit And Delete ur Acc

Well sometimes I'm on campus in between classes and have some time to kill. Also, that doesn't help me solve the problem. Thank you for wasting a post.

k fine
    * Image removed by [GM] Kato. Please reduce the size of this image next time. Thank you. *
    To Stop Hacking

Staff's never Asking For ur User id
    even if they Can Know it every time they wanted
    Coz They Have Panel Where They Can Edit And Delete ur Acc

Shadow Titanium
    try this first:

Go to your Cabal folder in Program Files and create a shortcut onto desktop. right click the shortcut and click properties. In the target box, after .exe type -husky and then the quotation marks. Use the shortcut to launch cabal. Tellme if that works.

Most likely if your only experiencing this on college campus, there could be closed ports for UDP/TCP transmissions for known online mmos' gaming ports to save bandwidth. Usually you have to contact the network administrator asking for exceptions on cabal, but not all campuses want college bandwidth/resources bogged down by online mmos, some don't care.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 03-21-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    Usually you have to contact the network administrator asking for exceptions on cabal, but not all campuses want college bandwidth/resources bogged down by online mmos, some don't care.
    Since he said that other games work fine, maybe Cabal just hasn't been requested yet. It's definitely worth a shot to ask the network admin to make an exception.

Also, the ports that Cabal uses may be already utilized by another application on the campus' network. It's not common, but the network admin may have configured another application to use those ports in order to prevent someone from hacking the network.
    Yes, my stats fail. I know this...