Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: login issue (select channel)

login issue (select channel)

Hello there everyone,

I am an old cabal player, i stated a long time ago, and now decided to play again because some acquaintances wanted me to play with them. The problem is that after i successfully install cabal NA, update it, and log in to the server, when i choose a particular channel to log in, the game will just not do a thing. LOL literally the clicking noise will go off but the game won't do anything. It will just sit there and stare back at me. I googled this issues and it seems that some months ago some players were having the same issue, one of their recommendations was to click on a channel and wait... well nothing happened after 2 hours when i got back home so I assumed that there must be a problem with my computer and or the game.

If anyone has any kind of experience with this kind of issue, I would appreciate help.
    Thanks

I've had this happen to me before too. It seems to only happen once I've been disconnected, however. Normally, pressing Esc to return to the Username/Password login screen, then logging back in, seems to fix it for me. Try that out and see if it works.
    Yes, my stats fail. I know this...

ElBlancoNino unfortunately that method did not seem to work, The game still does nothing after clicking a channel. I know there must be something wrong because the game updates normally, I had to change my password and everything, and the game let me in, is just when i pick a channel that the issue starts. I also play other online games and I don't have this problems. :/

When was the last time you reinstalled the game from a freshly downloaded installer? I noticed you said you used to play a long time ago and just got back into the game. If you're still running an older client, a multitude of things can go wrong with the variety of updates that download and install. Try reinstalling the game and see if that fixes anything.

I installed the new version that is on the website ELBlancoNino, that's the one giving me the issue, but I just noticed something when I was going to uninstall Cabal like you told me. When I hit panel control>uninstall program>cabal is not there(for some unknown reason). The game files are in my hard drive an I can run the game but somehow my computer does not give me the option to uninstall.

I sent a ticket to the help desk this is what i got:

After log in into the game as, I am supposed to pick a channel that I want to play in right? Well the I problem I'm having is that after I choose a channel and click connect the game wont do anything. It will just sit there and not do anything, no loading bar, no error, nothing. I would like to know if the helpdesk has fixed a problem of this kind before.

Tanks

Reply :

Date :

3/22/2012 2:22:48 PM

Greetings!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Please refer to the Technical Support Guide available in the Technical Issues section of our forum.

The aforementioned guide can be found at the following URL:
    http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...-Support-Guide

This guide is a compilation of current, up-to-date information regarding most technical problems encountered by users in CABAL Online. It's currently the single best place to diagnose, learn about, and resolve your issue!

We wish you the best of luck!

Sincerely,
    Game Master Ballade

Completely useless lol... no offense, but it is...

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I installed the new version that is on the website ELBlancoNino, that's the one giving me the issue, but I just noticed something when I was going to uninstall Cabal like you told me. When I hit panel control>uninstall program>cabal is not there(for some unknown reason). The game files are in my hard drive an I can run the game but somehow my computer does not give me the option to uninstall.
    Sounds like the game didn't properly register itself into Windows, since there is no option to uninstall under Control Panel. Try uninstalling by using the uninstaller directly in the Cabal installation directory as follows:

1. Find your Cabal directory (ex. C:\Program Files\Cabal Online)
    2. Run the "uninst.exe" file in the Cabal directory

After uninstalling, run a Registry cleanup. I use CCleaner's (http://http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/) Registry cleaner, but feel free to use your own if you have a preference. Restart the PC and try reinstalling again.

ElBlancoNino the link that you gave did not work for me. Also yesterday I something interesting happened. My friend brought his computer to my house so we could upgrade it. My friend is been playing cabal for a while now, but when we connected his computer to my network he had the same problem, when he selected a channel his cabal did not do anything. So what I'm thinking is that there might be something going on with my router/moden settings.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    ElBlancoNino the link that you gave did not work for me. Also yesterday I something interesting happened. My friend brought his computer to my house so we could upgrade it. My friend is been playing cabal for a while now, but when we connected his computer to my network he had the same problem, when he selected a channel his cabal did not do anything. So what I'm thinking is that there might be something going on with my router/moden settings.
    Selecting channel is a different connection separate then log-in, it is not result of registry (dont know why that would be implied) or improper installtion/corrupt files; I would assume you need to open ports on your routers "virtual server/firewall" adding exceptions for Cabalmain.exe and all the ports. Have you tried disconnecting router, and hooking up directly through the modem instead of through router, or do you not have access to directly connect? That would give you a better idea if its resulting from router or not.

If your connection resumes properly with the server through direct connection without router, I would use http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthr...-your-firewall to configure the ports properly, 38111-38125 TCP, 6800-6899 UDP.

There is a few more I'll edit in that aren't included on that page but I know they are used for NA.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 03-25-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan