Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Everytime someone logs out from Guild/buddy list LAG SPIKE!

well it never happened to me. as i stated it only happened to me when i tried using dual OS on my old lappy. (dual OS means double my RAM consumption) and ran cabal on each, and i get that lag only when im on dual OS. but once i take it off my Main OS dun lag on cabal anymore when someone is logging in/out. and u said this past week? then u cant blame gameguard w/ that as well since you prolly have no problem when the server transfer kicked in. try defraging ur HD. that might work as well since it might just have too much fragmented file on the cabal folder thats why its making it laggy when someone logs in/out since the loading time is slower than usual. if those dun work then the heck. buy a new PC lol. for those who has been dealing w/ this problem ever since OGP times then try the method i mentioned above. if it doesnt help then its time to buy a decent PC =P

well if it is gameguard. maybe they had somethin on the updated version that eats up ram? lol. gameguard doesnt eat much ram memory altho i still set the priority on em' to low just to help a bit on my lappy since i run some application while on cabal as well (i.e. PS/Sony Vegas/browser)

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by RebornSAZUZAKI View Post
    try this if ur vista/Windows 7. open task manager, click processes tab, right click GameMon.des (this is the gameguard) and set priorty to low. next right click cabalmain and set priority to above normal

Note:

this will slow down the other application running at the same time as cabal. if u wanna do something else (i.e. browse the web) u should be on windown mode on cabal and minimize the window. doing this will make the other application run normally. and if u set the priority to "high" this will slow down not just the other app's but the windows explorer itself (OS) so dun set it on "high" nor "real time"

and @ GM Jamie, this isnt problem from the game. its proble on the rigs (computers) they have. they prolly got low RAM memory. this happened to me when i tried using dual OS on my older lappy. everytime i try to open/close guild/buddy window it lags. and everytime someone logs in/out it lags. but when i close my alternate OS on that lappy. the main OS's cabal runs fine. and that lag is gone. its a problem of ur computer's RAM memory. not the game.
    was worth the try, but no, it didn't work.
    And its not the computer, i never ever lagged in Cabal, it all started after the transfer.
    i have people that can back this info. up, and unless the G.M's try it on their end too, there isn't really a way to perform any other tests.
    although some people with 8gb RAM on their computers are saying they have no problems, does this mean the recommended status for a computer to run cabal is now at least 6gb??? if so, I'm sure people are going to start getting ticket off at this and start looking for another game..
    But the G.M's are doing a great job so far and i know they will have a solution to this.

14x BL-11XFS-13xWI-12xWA-14xFB-14xFA
    Venus
    Co-Leader: Defiance

I've been having the same problem as well and it is definitely not a computer problem. I've used this laptop since I've started playing the game a few months back and this has never happened until recently. The only change is that I moved out of my college dorm and back home for the summer. I'm in the guild Epidemic, if that even matters.

Banned
    bumpz..keep this thread on top, need them gms to check this shizz out mengz.

I've never seen this issue, nor has anyone in my guild complained on this. I'll ask again though.
    Being full of yourself online is fine, since you know in the real world you are nothing.

Banned
    D:<

i got 4GB of ram on this 2year old lappy of mine. and it doesnt happen to me even if i use dual OS. the older lappy does though.

i put more ram in and it fixed the problem

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Melly View Post
    i put more ram in and it fixed the problem
    how much ram did you have? 512? lol

14x BL-11XFS-13xWI-12xWA-14xFB-14xFA
    Venus
    Co-Leader: Defiance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyle View Post
    how much ram did you have? 512? lol
    hey i got 512 ram >.<