Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GG new security is less secure now

Zerker for life

Quote Originally Posted by StylinAgain View Post
    The reality is, if you got hacked you obviously have one of the following problems
    1. you stupidly gave your info to a 'friend'
    2. you gave your info to the hackers pretending to be GMs (this is the only scenario i won't laugh at you for)
    3. you tried to download some hacks off youtube and either ended up with a keylogger or actually typed your info into that "hack" program
    well you can give the info to a obessed alz buyer!
    and no i didnt bring it up >< im just saying it doesnt has to be a friend and support my answer! =)

I know how to do my second scenario so yes, I know about this

ya, you're right it could be an alz buyer but it still ends up being your fault...
    Oh did I say it wouldn't be their fault? K

sorry i was confused about what you said in the first place, my fault
    its ooooookays

Quote Originally Posted by Lovextreme View Post
    You can no longer use special symbols to set ur password now..............
    Q.Q i tried alt codes b4 this update i could log into the main website but not the game so had 2 change it back

The reality is, if you got hacked you obviously have one of the following problems
    2. you gave your info to the hackers pretending to be GMs (this is the only scenario i won't laugh at you for)
    3. you tried to download some hacks off youtube and either ended up with a keylogger or actually typed your info into that "hack" program
    pssh rubbish i kno ppl who did no such thing and got hacked

Quote Originally Posted by Dearka View Post
    pssh rubbish i kno ppl who did no such thing and got hacked
    Same.

Banned
    What about the people that did no such thing and still ended up hacked? o.o

Shadow Titanium
    People have to understand, to get hacked 99% of the time it's the person's own fault for it. It's very difficult and extremely rare for a hacker to just randomly out of the blue pick your account and hack it without you giving them some kind of access to even know your account exists. Hackers don't do that, they use phishing tactics, virus, trojans, key loggers, scripts in web sites, java and other things embedded into stuff you'd never suspect. Things you use everyday can get you hacked.

For example, it's so simple to create a fake hotmail, yahoo, myspace or even cabal online fake login page....it might look legit when you click on a link that says one thing but could lead to a phishing webpage to steal your account info. Emails you get in your email account that says stuff like "click to win an ipad" or sweepstakes you see on the side of pages you visit...it's stuff like that that get you hacked. If you don't have script blocking on your browser and don't use the right security measures when on the internet, then you are always vulnerable to being hacked...not just games accounts but credit cards and other things. The number one way to get access to peoples information is over the internet....heck you might not even have your game account hacked but have given your credit card to some hacker who works at 7 eleven....all they need is your name and numbers from your credit card...then go home and hack your credit card and anything tied to that card.

So next time you think you haven't done anything to get hacked, stop and look at your daily routines or things you do with personal information before you are sure you aren't doing anything to get hacked. The only way to not get hacked is protect your information....don't give out information of any kind over the phone...hell, I can build a cell phone tap device using parts from radio shack and listen to everything you say on your cell phone....

Bottom line, no one is 100% safe from hacking but the people who are cautious about what they do with their personal information are the ones who are less likely to be hacked.

Just warning everyone who isn't aware, that's all...I've looked into hacking extenstively for the past 10+ years (but I don't hack people at all)...I"m just the type of person that I like to know how crimes are committed, therefore I can spot potential issues right away. The number one way to fight crime is to know crime yourself...how you think the criminals are successful in what they do? Because they know security and law better than the people who make the laws and the security....most hackers are former GM's/software developers etc...even some of them are still working in the security they are hacking...not all developers or GM's from a game company are 100% legit. Think about it, the best place for a hacker to be is working for the very companies they want to hack...what they do when they go home from the job is anyone's guess....so if you want to protect against hacking, then know hacking just as well as a hackers do and realize there is nothing you can do to stop hacking, you can only minimize the chances of being hacked. If you haven't the slightest clue how to do a basic hack, then you are probably open to being hacked right now...heck you probably got 10 open ports on your computer I could access right now. Just saying, knowledge is power....knowing is half the battle...ignorance is not bliss, it's what keeps you vulnerable to those who have the knowledge.

I use to think the people who got hacked were alz buyers until i got hacked :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast