Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Password Change fail Idea

Password Change fail Idea

Dear GMs

We dearly appreciate that u all lookin out for our safety and all, but the password Change idea was a bad idea and is only driving ppl to dirt... I know it was a simple procedure to follow, yet some ppl created their accounts years ago and no longer have use of their e-mail in which they registered with... Most ppl had to re-activate their e-mails just to find the link. The unfortunate ppl whom forgot their password and was not able to recover or who ever registered using a Work e-mail and no longer works in that place have no way of coming back...

Now what makes the problem far more worse is that, ppl who r finding ways around the lost e-mail access r getting blocked for teh amount of attempts. I do not know how this was thought to be a good idea but the outcomes took out many clean players.

I have lost 11 active high lvl committed members from my guild to this issue... and some of them got banned just trying to figure out a solution... Is EST doing anything to help such cases or they just gonna ban and zzz who ever has issue...

When u come to think of it, it looks like u guys r sweeping the dust under the carpet...

I am not a victim but this pw change idea has affected my guild and the 11 members who r locked out r losing hope and as they r in there last Phases of trying, more guildies are leaving (those whom are bounded with the locked out players)

Plz Gms, dont look back at this e-mail and ignore, plz help those players who r locked out... and i am not referring to my guildies, i am talkin abt any innocent victim who was pushed down this fail idea...
    Humanity...
    Prisoner, by my heart and Chained by my soul,
    Fed by the brain While the body suffers it all.

<Removed>

Yeah, this force change PW, is pretty rediculous, especially for the players that actually spend money on this game. I tried several different ways of trying to get my password for my email back, resend to a different email, didnt work, then today after 3 days of trying, i go to cabal website to log in and see about sending in an ID and whatnot, and bam, your account has been blocked due to too many log in attempts, ty EST, now i cant even send you my Photo ID along with the rest of the stuff

Moral of what im getting at is, ive been playing this game since it came out open-closed beta OGP/EST, and never once has either company done this, in my view EST will just lose money over this, but oh well, their decision, ty for listening

~~SweetLips~~

+1

to make it more worse... ppl still getting hacked... -.-
    Humanity...

<Removed>

Epic fail
    Cenari

A good general not only sees the way to victory, he also knows when victory is impossible.

Heya Jul, this is Fluorite

who got locked out???? D: T_T I <3 spartans...........

I've got friends that are locked out of their accounts too... because they definitively lost access to their e-mails. And there's NO REASON that they should provide a picture ID. Just no valid reason, really. =/

+1
    Procyan rocks procyan 4 ever
    sorry caps but u r lame
    GM's r all down (Hackers-Blocks 4 no reason-Bots-Spammers-No UseFull Reply from them)
    Good To C U PPL Am Here The Mighty Aborame
    My New Character is Ab4eveR :S

O_O aborame, tell me you're not one of the locked out.... plz plz o.o'

+1
    Humanity...

<Removed>

I have been locked out since the password reset has been initiated, after playing for many years with no problems done to my account; it seems as though I am being forced to quit playing from the ones above my head. That is not right. Legally speaking, providing your photo identification or any other form of ID for an online game is an invasion of privacy. Most people do not even have their birth names on their game/forum account solely for that reason. Suppose I gave an ID of a random friend or mine. How is this going to ensure that the said person is the owner of said account. This isn't the government. They cannot run data checks on you to ensure this is the right person. This idea that was enforced was just downright sloppy. I have gone through 4-5 tickets at most with responses from three different GM's. There has not been any remorse or assistance in any of the tickets. I am still waiting for another response, so maybe there is atleast one intelligent person on this team for our sakes. All in all, being forced to quit over a matter we were not even warned of is downright pathetic. Especially coming from the ones who work for this game. The idea is to promote the game.............Not drive players away from it. Give us options, not photo identification.
    Last edited by Darkstar135; 03-26-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast