Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Critical Dmg vs M.Attack

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    "real" t5 is Korea t5
    fixed

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikyrios View Post
    Lol, there's nothing wrong with farming t2 or lower tiers. He has a t5 main so it's not like he just sits and wait for war all day and never experiences the high lvl activities. Also, t2(which he is currently farming) is as real as any other tier. I've been to t1-t4 wars recently and I enjoyed t2 the most here in Venus. I mean, the t2 drama alone is more real and entertaining than other tiers here in Venus have to offer ^^!
    LOL, of course you like T2, I see you doing pretty darn well in T2...always in the top ranks...so why wouldn't you like it...nah but your cool though, your actually a decent T2'er...most aren't even decent...

Anyway, as for farming T2, I like farming it only for my titles so I can wear better gear before I move up to next tier, so I see nothing wrong with farming T2...I mean why in the heck would I want to go to higher tiers and have low honor so I can still only wear +1 bracelets, earrings and belts? Don't give me that crap about skill either because I don't care what anyone says, levels and gear matter far more than skill in this game...

I have a question, Which one of these is better? 10 M.Attack and 2% Crit Dmg?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nambui94 View Post
    In general, 10 m.attack. But the difference depends on the rest of your stats, and will not be the same for every skill.

Use this calc to decide what's best for you and your stats.

http://www.cabalc.com/en/

merc t5 is coolsht

Yar!
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nambui94 View Post
    Ok, I did some number crunching for you...I used the stats in your first post so this is unique to your character...also, I calculated all FA and general magic attacks at level 20 just to make it easier. Since we are talking raw damage and not DPS, if you have any skills that are lower than level 20, then the damage range between minimum and maximum will only be 1 - 3 points lower than what I post below.

With +10 more magic attack you'll do about 17 - 23 more base damage than the build in your first post.

With +2 more Crit Damage increase (or CDi as I refer to it) you'd do 28 - 53 more crit damage than the build in your first post...but you'd only do that damage about half the time given your current crit rate.

When comparing the crit damage you do between having 10 magic attack or 2 CDi, you'd do 3 - 22 more crit damage when adding the 10 magic attack than you would when adding +2 CDi.

For example, on the high end, skill like critical shot will do the following crit damages..

With your current build = 4,446
    With +10 more magic attack = 4,498
    With +2 more CDi = 4,476

All skills follow the same pattern based on your stats...So conclusion is that +10 more magic attack does more base damage and more crit damage than 2% CDI...

Also, I did not factor in defenses of your target...but since defense is subtractive from your base damage and effects all builds the same way, it won't change the ratio of damage between the different builds, it will only change the amount of actual damage done...

One last thing....generally speaking the higher your base attack, the more benefit you get from increasing base attack rather than crit damage...because increasing base attack allows for 2 multipliers to factor in the damage whereas adding crit damage only allows for 1 multiplier.

For example, when you add more base attack, that value is multiplied by amp to get your base damage, that result is then multiplied once more by CDi to give you your crit damage. However, if you just add CDi to your build, it doesn't alter the amp of the skill at all, it just increases the crit damage. Therefore in most cases, adding more base attack will yield both higher base damage and crit damage than just adding CDi to your build...The only time this is not true is when your talking about adding high CDi verse adding low base attack...such as adding +10 magic attack verse +10% or higher CDi. In that case, 10% CDi will give you far more crit damage than adding +10 magic....overall you have to decide if you want much higher CDi (increase CDi by +10% or more) or just moderately high base damage and CDi (increase base attack).

Well hope this helps you out in your question...

Thank you very much, the Calculator works really well!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    Ok, I did some number crunching for you...I used the stats in your first post so this is unique to your character...also, I calculated all FA and general magic attacks at level 20 just to make it easier. Since we are talking raw damage and not DPS, if you have any skills that are lower than level 20, then the damage range between minimum and maximum will only be 1 - 3 points lower than what I post below.

With +10 more magic attack you'll do about 17 - 23 more base damage than the build in your first post.

With +2 more Crit Damage increase (or CDi as I refer to it) you'd do 28 - 53 more crit damage than the build in your first post...but you'd only do that damage about half the time given your current crit rate.

When comparing the crit damage you do between having 10 magic attack or 2 CDi, you'd do 3 - 22 more crit damage when adding the 10 magic attack than you would when adding +2 CDi.

For example, on the high end, skill like critical shot will do the following crit damages..

With your current build = 4,446
    With +10 more magic attack = 4,498
    With +2 more CDi = 4,476

All skills follow the same pattern based on your stats...So conclusion is that +10 more magic attack does more base damage and more crit damage than 2% CDI...

Also, I did not factor in defenses of your target...but since defense is subtractive from your base damage and effects all builds the same way, it won't change the ratio of damage between the different builds, it will only change the amount of actual damage done...

One last thing....generally speaking the higher your base attack, the more benefit you get from increasing base attack rather than crit damage...because increasing base attack allows for 2 multipliers to factor in the damage whereas adding crit damage only allows for 1 multiplier.

For example, when you add more base attack, that value is multiplied by amp to get your base damage, that result is then multiplied once more by CDi to give you your crit damage. However, if you just add CDi to your build, it doesn't alter the amp of the skill at all, it just increases the crit damage. Therefore in most cases, adding more base attack will yield both higher base damage and crit damage than just adding CDi to your build...The only time this is not true is when your talking about adding high CDi verse adding low base attack...such as adding +10 magic attack verse +10% or higher CDi. In that case, 10% CDi will give you far more crit damage than adding +10 magic....overall you have to decide if you want much higher CDi (increase CDi by +10% or more) or just moderately high base damage and CDi (increase base attack).

Well hope this helps you out in your question...
    10 magic vs 2 cd

100 magic vs 20 cd

20 cd forci vs 40 cd citrine

long paragraphs unnecessary
    Last edited by Cathy; 03-28-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Banned
    how about 50magic vs 20cd ( lapis vs FC )
    145 magic 40cd vs 194 magic 20cd
    Last edited by ErrorCode6; 03-28-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast