Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Critical Dmg vs M.Attack

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorCode6 View Post
    how about 50magic vs 20cd ( lapis vs FC )
    145 magic 40cd vs 194 magic 20cd
    forcy>lapis on fa.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    A radical suggestion. You really have to motivate people to either start (or keep) playing this game.
    ^ for ESTsoft

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    10 magic vs 2 cd

100 magic vs 20 cd

20 cd forci vs 40 cd citrine

long paragraphs unnecessary
    ok, another group of paragraphs (or wall of text for you youngin's :P)

First of all, there's always a reason for everything, just depends on what type of person you are. I'm definitely not in the tl;dr group...I read everything in it's entirety and I like explanations derived from factual sources to help me decide what to do or how to go about making my choices.

For example, when you vote for the president of the U.S., do you want to here him say "this is my plan to improve the quality of life of american's" or whould you rather him just say "I will improve the quality of american's lives"....clearly the second statement is a blind promise that tells you nothing about why you should vote for him as president....but the first statement is a detailed plan that gives people enough information to decide whether they want to vote for this guy as president or not.

So same principle here...by providing "paragraphs" to explain my findings, it allows those reading my answers to decide whether or not my advice or information is relevant, is fairly assessed and whether or not they should believe what I say when I say x is better than y.

Overall, blanket statements like in your example above prove nothing except that it's your opinion (and opinions are often incomplete and void of all the facts or factors)...I mean am I supposed to take your word that 10 magic is better than 2 CD just because you make a blanket statement saying so?

So yeah, like I said, there's always a reason for everything. So sometimes paragraphs are necessary...other times you may not need a paragraph...in this situation I just figure I'd post how I came to my conclusion rather than just post a bland unproven statement that x is better than y. That kind of post would only incite flame wars in forums and I hate that crap. I just come to the forums for learning about the game and helping others where I feel I can...forums are not a social medium for me to interact with people as if we were in a pub...I go to real pub's for that not cyberspace...lol

One thing i want to throw out there, The damage dealt towards a player [PvP] is different compared to the damage dealt to a monster [PvE] and Nation War. You gotta indicate the control variable before posting numbers to prove something or better yet leave it to the damage calculators. Is this PvP tests or PvE test?
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    ok, another group of paragraphs (or wall of text for you youngin's :P)

First of all, there's always a reason for everything, just depends on what type of person you are. I'm definitely not in the tl;dr group...I read everything in it's entirety and I like explanations derived from factual sources to help me decide what to do or how to go about making my choices.

For example, when you vote for the president of the U.S., do you want to here him say "this is my plan to improve the quality of life of american's" or whould you rather him just say "I will improve the quality of american's lives"....clearly the second statement is a blind promise that tells you nothing about why you should vote for him as president....but the first statement is a detailed plan that gives people enough information to decide whether they want to vote for this guy as president or not.

So same principle here...by providing "paragraphs" to explain my findings, it allows those reading my answers to decide whether or not my advice or information is relevant, is fairly assessed and whether or not they should believe what I say when I say x is better than y.

Overall, blanket statements like in your example above prove nothing except that it's your opinion (and opinions are often incomplete and void of all the facts or factors)...I mean am I supposed to take your word that 10 magic is better than 2 CD just because you make a blanket statement saying so?

So yeah, like I said, there's always a reason for everything. So sometimes paragraphs are necessary...other times you may not need a paragraph...in this situation I just figure I'd post how I came to my conclusion rather than just post a bland unproven statement that x is better than y. That kind of post would only incite flame wars in forums and I hate that crap. I just come to the forums for learning about the game and helping others where I feel I can...forums are not a social medium for me to interact with people as if we were in a pub...I go to real pub's for that not cyberspace...lol
    1. Your argument about voting for politicians is completely irrelevant because I was referring to how your previous paragraphs were completely irrelevant; not that paragraphs in general are unnecessary.

Anybody can type a lot of words, but it takes a little higher level of cognitive ability to display reading comprehension.

2. 10 m.attack is better than 2 crit dmg.

This is a "fact" in and of itself, not an opinion that needs to be supported by "explanations derived from factual sources." This is the nature of math; this is a game, based on 4 basic functions of math. Numbers are not opinions that need to be explained nor need to be supported. Numbers are "facts."

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    One thing i want to throw out there, The damage dealt towards a player [PvP] is different compared to the damage dealt to a monster [PvE] and Nation War. You gotta indicate the control variable before posting numbers to prove something or better yet leave it to the damage calculators. Is this PvP tests or PvE test?
    1. Your argument about voting for politicians is completely irrelevant because I was referring to how your previous paragraphs were completely irrelevant; not that paragraphs in general are unnecessary.

Anybody can type a lot of words, but it takes a little higher level of cognitive ability to display reading comprehension.

This is a "fact" in and of itself, not an opinion that needs to be supported by "explanations derived from factual sources." This is the nature of math; this is a game, based on 4 basic functions of math. Numbers are not opinions that need to be explained nor need to be supported. Numbers are "facts."
    word

you guys really care about that extra 10 m attack huh. perfectionists

Shadow Titanium

Ok, Look, the way you wrote your first post conveyed a message to me that you believed that all I had to do was to simply state X is better than Y and that my paragraphs weren't needed at all. That's how I interpreted your post....sue me if I'm wrong or didn't understand the meaning of your post....You weren't actually clear in what your post means... Once again, you have failed to explain why you believe my paragraphs are irrelevant...

I then responded by attempting to convey the message that my paragraphs are relevant because they help explain why I think X is better than Y. My presidential analogy merely was trying to show an example of why having more information on a matter helps people make better decisions and gain trust in the answers that people give them. This means you are more likely to listen to, agree with or trust the information that someone tells you when they provide information to back up their claims. So that makes my paragraphs relevant to my claims that 10 m.attack is better than 2 CD.....so you respond with the following non-sense (which is actually what is irrelevant, because it helps no one)....

10 magic vs 2 cd

100 magic vs 20 cd

20 cd forci vs 40 cd citrine

long paragraphs unnecessary
    My overall point in responding to you in the first place was simple...if you answer someones question with any one of these types of answers and provide no explanation (at least a paragraph explaining your findings) of why you think X is better than Y, Then you are providing no kind of valid information that lets a person with lesser cabal experience than yourself, trust what your saying is true. Therefore any reasonable person would simply assume you are stating your opinion, not a FACT...when you just make generic statements like these people don't automatically know your stating facts..How could they when or if they don't know the damage forumla or how damage actually works? Remember they wouldn't be asking the question in the first place if they knew your statments are factual.

Now you are showing ignorance...or reluctance to understand that not everyone knows everything you or I do...LOL No one knows anything we post is fact or not when you don't give them some sort of information that can prove it to them.

See I know that 10 m.attack is better than 2CD is actually true, you know it is also but for that new cabal player reading this thread who just picked up his first crude orb, he has no idea or experience enough to believe that this is indeed a fact just because you say so. Therefore, if such a statement was accompanied by a paragraph (of any length) explaining how you come to your conclusions, that person just may feel as though they have actually learned something and have a better understanding of how damage works....not only that, by better understanding how and why 10 m.attack is better than 2 CD, it allows you to apply that knowledge to other damage comparisons in the future...so that you know if 7amp is better than 20CD or if 3 amp 10 Cd forcy is better than 7 amp 20 CD Topaz...etc.

So in the end, it really doesn't matter if you believe my paragraphs are irrelevant or if your magic attack statements are factual or not....the post and answer wasn't for you....as long as the person asking the question (or some other reader) better understands how and why X is better than Y due to me making paragraphs explaining how and why I get the damages I do, your opinion about my paragraphs don't matter one bit...So please move on...there's plenty of other stuff to do that debate about how relevant my paragraphs are LOL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    Ok, Look, the way you wrote your first post conveyed a message to me that you believed that all I had to do was to simply state X is better than Y and that my paragraphs weren't needed at all. That's how I interpreted your post....sue me if I'm wrong or didn't understand the meaning of your post....You weren't actually clear in what your post means... Once again, you have failed to explain why you believe my paragraphs are irrelevant...

I then responded by attempting to convey the message that my paragraphs are relevant because they help explain why I think X is better than Y. My presidential analogy merely was trying to show an example of why having more information on a matter helps people make better decisions and gain trust in the answers that people give them. This means you are more likely to listen to, agree with or trust the information that someone tells you when they provide information to back up their claims. So that makes my paragraphs relevant to my claims that 10 m.attack is better than 2 CD.....so you respond with the following non-sense (which is actually what is irrelevant, because it helps no one)....

My overall point in responding to you in the first place was simple...if you answer someones question with any one of these types of answers and provide no explanation (at least a paragraph explaining your findings) of why you think X is better than Y, Then you are providing no kind of valid information that lets a person with lesser cabal experience than yourself, trust what your saying is true. Therefore any reasonable person would simply assume you are stating your opinion, not a FACT...when you just make generic statements like these people don't automatically know your stating facts..How could they when or if they don't know the damage forumla or how damage actually works? Remember they wouldn't be asking the question in the first place if they knew your statments are factual.

Now you are showing ignorance...or reluctance to understand that not everyone knows everything you or I do...LOL No one knows anything we post is fact or not when you don't give them some sort of information that can prove it to them.

See I know that 10 m.attack is better than 2CD is actually true, you know it is also but for that new cabal player reading this thread who just picked up his first crude orb, he has no idea or experience enough to believe that this is indeed a fact just because you say so. Therefore, if such a statement was accompanied by a paragraph (of any length) explaining how you come to your conclusions, that person just may feel as though they have actually learned something and have a better understanding of how damage works....not only that, by better understanding how and why 10 m.attack is better than 2 CD, it allows you to apply that knowledge to other damage comparisons in the future...so that you know if 7amp is better than 20CD or if 3 amp 10 Cd forcy is better than 7 amp 20 CD Topaz...etc.

So in the end, it really doesn't matter if you believe my paragraphs are irrelevant or if your magic attack statements are factual or not....the post and answer wasn't for you....as long as the person asking the question (or some other reader) better understands how and why X is better than Y due to me making paragraphs explaining how and why I get the damages I do, your opinion about my paragraphs don't matter one bit...So please move on...there's plenty of other stuff to do that debate about how relevant my paragraphs are LOL.
    Your explanations are completely irrelevant.

Explaining why 10 m.attack is better than 2cd, is like explaining why 5 is greater than 4.

And before you argue that a new player needs an explanation, I'll go ahead and say my explanations are a hell of a lot easier to understand than yours.

Typing long essays doesn't make you smart. It makes you an idiot who thinks you're smart. Smart people are concise and to the point. Maybe if you studied basic writing or textual studies in a college level class, you'd know that.

Anybody who thinks that math/facts need to be explained to them in an essay, as if its an opinion/theory, is no better than Presidential Candidate Frothy.
    Last edited by Cathy; 03-29-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    lol at this.

Glad to see this thread has at least some thought process behind it rather than straight up flame ! Go FAs!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345