Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabal Wont Start after Launcher

Cabal Wont Start after Launcher

So I click on "cabal start" on the launcher and it goes away as if the game window is going to appear but instead I get a message box saying that cabal online has stopped working. Does anyone know wat the hell is going on? ):

Turn UAC (User account control off), goto installation directory of cabalmain.exe and right click then -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> Run as admin checkboxed, Do this for "cabal.exe, cabalmain.exe, and update.exe". Goto Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Data execution prevention tab -> Fill in circle for "Turn DEP on for essential windows programs and services only".

Lastly disable/add exceptions in your anti virus programs, un-installing them usually will give you much easier picture if its the AV causing the problem, but ofc make sure you have the disc to re-install if you choose. Btw are you on a desktop or laptop with which operating system?
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 03-30-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

I did the DEP thing last night and that didnt help. I have not installed any new antivirus and i am on a desktop using windows vista ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by xBreedx View Post
    I did the DEP thing last night and that didnt help. I have not installed any new antivirus and i am on a desktop using windows vista ultimate.
    Can you dl teamview so I can see your screen, it shouldn't be hard fix. We can troubleshoot it in two hours or so if you want just post back here if you want to or pm dont matter.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 03-26-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Ok i just followed ur steps and its working now . Thank you snowy , I just had to restart my computer so the changes can take effect.

Now what are the hotkeys to exit cabal from full screen again? I forgot.

Aight easy enough cuz I was just gunna double check everything I told you anyway, its alt+enter for window mode, alt+tab to put on taskbar and minimize.

help?

im running win7 64-bit.. and every time i click start on the launcher nothing happens..

tried the...

run as admin
    win xp SP2 compatibility
    firewall disable/allow program
    antivirus disable

pls help ? i have teamviewer..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    Turn UAC (User account control off), goto installation directory of cabalmain.exe and right click then -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> Run as admin checkboxed, Do this for "cabal.exe, cabalmain.exe, and update.exe". Goto Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Data execution prevention tab -> Fill in circle for "Turn DEP on for essential windows programs and services only".

Lastly disable/add exceptions in your anti virus programs, un-installing them usually will give you much easier picture if its the AV causing the problem, but ofc make sure you have the disc to re-install if you choose. Btw are you on a desktop or laptop with which operating system?
    Thanks for this Snow! it really helped more than 1 person

maybe this is retarded to ask but can any1 who have teamviewer help me my pc is on serbian language and i cant translate half of the things u guys said so some1 can help pls. About pc its Windows XP profesional version 2002, and im from serbia (obvious) i played eu version but friend called me on global. help please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast