Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: FB Blade Or Katana

Trainee

FB Blade Or Katana

Blade or Katana?

Blades have a not really noticeable damage difference, but I see most pro force bladers using them.

Katana beats the bang for the buck situation.

But which one is preferred? The only reason why I'd go blade personally is because I have a Plasmium Blade Skin :>.

WHICH DO YOU PREFER?!

Doesn't really matter, get whichever one you can afford.

I've always found blades to be more elegant :3
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

there basically the same

Sig By Innovation

Shadow Titanium
    Technically speaking the there are a few differences between blades and katana's....Keep in mind that this is based on Forcy gears...I say start by knowing your limit...so +7 forcy stats is all you need to know...after +7 on any gear, stats to equip gear doesn't increase...so a if you can wear a +7, you can wear a +15 without needing to increase any stats...basically you don't compare stat needs of osmium gear when you might need/want to use red osm, sig, lycanus or forcy later..so that's why I compare forcy stats first as a general guideline.

1. Blades have 1 to 2 more base sword attack than katana's
    2. Katana's have 1 - 2 more base magic attack than Blades.
    3. You need higher str to equip blades than you do katana's...up to 136 more str needed to equip a forcy blade compared to forcy katana....but you need the same dex to equip both blade and katana...Int doesn't matter because you'll far exceed any int needs because of where you need it to equip armor....you'll need 227 - 272 int to equip osm - forcy suit..

Also in my opinion, Katana's look better than blades...

Those are the main points though, however there could be other stuff you might want to consider...but it depends more on what you wear in terms of armor and what grade of weapon you use. Hey some people don't want to use forcy weapons for whatever reason...therefore whether you use blade or katana can depend on how you decided to distribute your str, int, dex to wear armor. I've heard (haven't confirmed it) that higher magic (or maybe it was magic amp or both, not sure) boost your stats of BM1 when you first cast it....if this is true then I guess it's worth mentioning that using a katana would allow you to use the extra points you'll save (by not using it all in str to equip a blad) and put it into dex. THis would mean you would gain basically the same attack boost had you put it in str to equip a blade, but you get more magic (up to 20+ more), attack rate (230+ more) and Def Rate (120+ more) also...Def basically stay the same whether you put points in str or dex...

Personally, I do more PVE with my FB than PVP therefore I chose to use katana's and boost my dex as high as possible for the stat gains I mentioned above...I think it's better to have 136 more def rate by boosting dex instead of only having 13 more def rate by boosting str because in PVE every little bit of def rate really counts towards survival...might not sound like much but more is always better than less in this situation.

Overall, it's about style and minor stat differences as to whether you use blade or katana...if you don't care about stats, then go with which one you thinks looks cooler or is most available and cheap for you.

Banned
    Katana is a bit more optimal for a couple of reasons, but if you want to go Blade for whatever reason (such as looks, price, availability) then it won't kill your stats.

You can have more DEX with kats, which gives you higher attack rate, defense rate, and m.attack (for bm1). Dex is really the best stat for a FB.

Katana also has more base attack rate, which you could say is useful for your bm2/bm3, although the difference in attack rate is really minimal.

Blades do come with 2/3 extra base attack, and STR give you 1 extra attack compared to DEX for every 100 points you put into it, but this difference is also really minimal.

Thx for the info, really helped me as I just started the game

Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    Technically speaking the there are a few differences between blades and katana's....Keep in mind that this is based on Forcy gears...I say start by knowing your limit...so +7 forcy stats is all you need to know...after +7 on any gear, stats to equip gear doesn't increase...so a if you can wear a +7, you can wear a +15 without needing to increase any stats...basically you don't compare stat needs of osmium gear when you might need/want to use red osm, sig, lycanus or forcy later..so that's why I compare forcy stats first as a general guideline.

1. Blades have 1 to 2 more base sword attack than katana's
    2. Katana's have 1 - 2 more base magic attack than Blades.
    3. You need higher str to equip blades than you do katana's...up to 136 more str needed to equip a forcy blade compared to forcy katana....but you need the same dex to equip both blade and katana...Int doesn't matter because you'll far exceed any int needs because of where you need it to equip armor....you'll need 227 - 272 int to equip osm - forcy suit..

Also in my opinion, Katana's look better than blades...

Those are the main points though, however there could be other stuff you might want to consider...but it depends more on what you wear in terms of armor and what grade of weapon you use. Hey some people don't want to use forcy weapons for whatever reason...therefore whether you use blade or katana can depend on how you decided to distribute your str, int, dex to wear armor. I've heard (haven't confirmed it) that higher magic (or maybe it was magic amp or both, not sure) boost your stats of BM1 when you first cast it....if this is true then I guess it's worth mentioning that using a katana would allow you to use the extra points you'll save (by not using it all in str to equip a blad) and put it into dex. THis would mean you would gain basically the same attack boost had you put it in str to equip a blade, but you get more magic (up to 20+ more), attack rate (230+ more) and Def Rate (120+ more) also...Def basically stay the same whether you put points in str or dex...

Personally, I do more PVE with my FB than PVP therefore I chose to use katana's and boost my dex as high as possible for the stat gains I mentioned above...I think it's better to have 136 more def rate by boosting dex instead of only having 13 more def rate by boosting str because in PVE every little bit of def rate really counts towards survival...might not sound like much but more is always better than less in this situation.

Overall, it's about style and minor stat differences as to whether you use blade or katana...if you don't care about stats, then go with which one you thinks looks cooler or is most available and cheap for you.
    Hello there!

just started the game, came here to play with some friends of mine!

love to have some friends to chat with and stuff I play on Venus.

Name on there: JinJariya

Btw when u talked about mattackk in BM1, thats correct. If i equip my bos +3's and eos +6 before going into aura,bm1 i gain 1300 attack including using the cannon buffs. I have 850-ish attack btw, also do aura first as it gives you the bonus cd and cr, which you would loose if you went bm1/aura

I've had both forcy not really a difference.
    I got forcy kat right now and water ele kat/daik skin cause it's the smexiest skin in the game o.o

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C