Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PVE Build

Trainee

PVE Build

Hello. I was following Miavi guide and some tips about PVE build, but still don't having clear what's best in term of accesories. I know Forcium is the best for PVE, but is way to expensive to get good things 2 slot 7 % amp for example. So I was thinking in maybe go for Sigmetal, but I know i'll lost some def, so Sig still good for PVE?

This is what i got atm:

Accesories:

Ring of Sage +9 x2

Amulet of Pain +5

Force Absorb Ring +2

Ring of Luck +1

Belt of Vital +4

Vamp earring +5

Drosnin Earring (10 hp steal - 20 hp - 5 def)

Epaulet of Sage +6

Braclets of Sage +5

Weapons and Suit:

Forcium Helm +7 (1 slot CD)

Forcium Suit +7 (1 slot HP)

Forcium Boots of Amp 3 % +7 (1 slot)

Sigmetal Gloves +9 (1 slot hp steal)

Lapis Crystal of Deathblow +8 6 % CD (2 slot CD)

Forcium Crystal of Deathblow +7 6 % CD (1 slot CD)

Current stats:

STR: 156

INT: 679

DEX: 349

Magic Attack: 883

Defense: 909

Attack Rate: 2550

Defense Rate: 2290

Critical Rate: 27/52 %

Critical DMG: 87 %

Magic Amp: 17 %

Add. Damage: 10

HP absorb: 10 %

HP absorb limit up: 40

I know my stats and build ... that's why Im making this thread. Here are my questions:
    Considering that im not rich ( never get SEH or something like that to get a billion)
    What's the ideal CD, CR and Amp?

What should I do to get good amount of that?

Should I get Helm of Db with CR or CD?

2 slot Forc Crystal of Db, too much for me, so?

2 crystals with CD or 1 CD and other amp?

What can I build to be good at PVE and PVP at the same time?

Ok, remember that atm i don't have tons of alz, to get 40 % CD weapons and all that, so please I'll like to get help on what should I looking for in the future, and what should I start changing/updating/selling atm.
    All for PVE of course.

Ok that's it, thanks everyone

Banned
    What level are you?

If you want to do well in pve you'll need a good balance of damage output, and survival. I personally think boss solo's are good for determining what stats you have are good, and what stats you need to improve on.

If you want a decent all around build on a low budget, ie. a standard cookie cutter build:

7amp/100hp osm suit

7amp/100hp osm boot

7amp/hp steal osm/tg/sig glove

36 cd osm helm

Standard accessories: Vamp earrings+6, Bracelet of sage+6, Epaulet of sage+7

For orbs, 20 cd forci orbs x2 are relatively cheap and usable throughout endgame.

Most of the above items are pretty cheap and can be decent for endgame. If you find them out of your budget, just aim slightly lower: such as 7 amp osm instead of 7/100.

Once you have all those, slowly improve one piece at a time based on what stats you feel you need most

either more damage output (better orbs, bracelets, epaulet, rings, helm)

or more survival (better suit, boot, glove, earrings).

General tips:

Always keep your rate as close to 50 as you can, or higher

You want to keep your max hp steal per hit at 80+ (vamp earrings+5 x2) or higher

Max an hp absorb % rune as soon as you can. It's an easy way to gain a lot of damage, since you won't need to use an hp steal ring; you can use an extra ring for crit rate or crit damage.
    Last edited by Cathy; 04-10-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Trainee
    Im 154, first character, so my problem was waste quest money in stupid things, and reach forc instantly, not upgrading, that's why i don't get something decent.
    Ok so osm for PVE/PVP, but for PVE only? i feel way too weak with osm on dungeons/soloing...
    So orbs is better than crystals?

killian ring instead of force absorb ring?

killian ring
    ros +9 x2
    rol +1/2

is that good?

And what about stats?

what u think should i do with my armors, crystals atm?

If I lost some defense in stats, but got good vamp, that will replace the defense lost?

thx for the tips and help
    Last edited by HARKDOG; 04-10-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HARKDOG View Post
    Im 154, first character, so my problem was waste quest money in stupid things, and reach forc instantly, not upgrading, that's why i don't get something decent.
    Ok so osm for PVE/PVP, but for PVE only? i feel way too weak with osm on dungeons/soloing...
    So orbs is better than crystals?

killian ring instead of force absorb ring?

killian ring
    ros +9 x2
    rol +1/2

is that good?

And what about stats?

thx for the tips and help
    Keep your str/dex at the minimum you need for gear. I don't know the required str/dex for every series off the top of my head but its in miavii's guide. Keep int as high as you can.

The reason people use Orbs instead of Xtal is because Forci xtal requires high str, and you'd want to avoid that if possible. The only reason you'd want high str is to use Forci suit/glove/boot (which you should only use if it has 7 amp)

You're gonna want about 5% hp steal. The higher damage you hit, the less you will need, ie you will probably only need 3% when you're 170+.

If you need a ring to have that steal, then use a ring. The reason you want a % steal rune, is so that you can eventually have 3% steal with no force absorb ring.

Osm defense might seem low but osm with 7 amp is far better than forci with nothing useful on it, and that 7 amp on every piece is standard (and almost necessary). Use osm that is +9 (100 defense) or higher. If you don't mind char binding gear, you can also get teragrace for pretty cheap.

At lv.160s, if you can maintain 750-ish defense and 80+ max hp steal, then you should survive just fine. I know of an FA who wore Osm for a very very long time and just recently started using sig, but even in osm they solo'd bosses like Quadra and Pluma just fine.
    Last edited by Cathy; 04-10-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Trainee
    Ok I'll sell my forc, and go for osm/terra and change my crystals for orbs

What u think about pure sig?

thx

Banned
    Ok I'll sell my forc, and go for osm/terra and change my crystals for orbs

What u think about pure sig?

thx
    When choosing between 7 amp osm and 7 amp sig, the choice is obvious

When choosing between 7 amp sig and 7 amp forci, the choice is obvious

It's not a matter of which is best, it's a matter of what's the best you can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    I know of an FA who wore Osm for a very very long time and just recently started using sig, but even in osm they solo'd bosses like Quadra and Pluma just fine.
    Pluma on osm ? I find this very hard to believe but this would be incredible. Do you know his :

1. Defense
    2. Hp Absorb %
    3. + Hp Steal
    4. Attack / Cd / Amp
    5. Videos ?
    6. For a very long time ... did he solo pluma in bm2 ?

Shadow Titanium
    Well tallying up the cost of that gear, on venus it'll come to 1.5 to 2 billion alz for all of it...that's kinda steep for pve purposes in my opinion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    Well tallying up the cost of that gear, on venus it'll come to 1.5 to 2 billion alz for all of it...that's kinda steep for pve purposes in my opinion.
    Yeah for some people 2bil may be a lot, but its not bad for an entire set. Each individual piece would cost about 300mil.

He asked in this thread about getting forcium, which would cost 10bil+ for an entire set

Hello. I was following Miavi guide and some tips about PVE build, but still don't having clear what's best in term of accesories. I know Forcium is the best for PVE, but is way to expensive to get good things 2 slot 7 % amp for example.
    He asked what kinds of gear would be good for pve: I just gave a basic starting point, a basic cookie cutter build that is relatively inexpensive, and based on what I consider to be good.

Current stats:

STR: 156

INT: 679

DEX: 349
    correct me if I'm wrong, 154 str and 309 dex is enough for FC +7
    Last edited by Nam Spirit; 04-11-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast