Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are Pros and Cons of "Allow View Equipment" Option ?

Shadow Titanium

What are Pros and Cons of "Allow View Equipment" Option ?

How come an anonymous could view many guildies' equipments while this option was "OFF" (uncheck) ?

If it is possible, may we request to remove this option ?

No. Someone's a liar.

I agree remove it :3.

I want it to be always on.

I left it on UNTIL someone decided to follow me around and keep saying "Sell me (item you have equipped) for 25 million alz." I really need item you have equipped. I need it more than you sell it to me. Come on I will pay yu(sic) 26 million. After that I turned ability to view equipment off.

Banned
    Pros: If you want to show your friend your gear, you don't have to link every individual piece.

Cons: None really if the OFF function worked

There are some hackers who can bypass the "OFF" function, and see your gear even when you have "OFF" checked. It's the same way that Romp and Han's gear was "exposed" and put on forums in the same week; both of them never had their view on.

Shadow Titanium
    leaving it on might as well be saying hack me please

n only time view was ever on by users choice was the same maint that implemented it

Doesnt take a genius to know who has good gear, and those people arent getting hacked. So no I dont believe letting someone view ur gear makes u more vulnerable.

At the moment the memory region for viewing equips is not protected (server-sided control), and can be manipulated via client sided modifications, leaving the option off probably doesn't make you less vunerable in the grand scheme of things, that being said I don't think its something thats un-fixable, they could easily patch it if they desired or felt it was necessary.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Shadow Titanium
    tons of hackers all over the place in cabal not as many now tho before it used 2 be ridiculous but still best 2 not be all like check out my 8 slot forc amp of credit card cause u never know
    Last edited by Giantaco; 04-20-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast