Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: questions about pvp/pve combos and skills

see I knew it happened to harky. >< not everyone here are like us, 180+ with decent or nice gears. this is what comes in my mind before I post an advice in forum. Ask myself what might be the reason why this particular guy is having a hard time? Try to find where he is, inferior gear and level, coz ive been to that stage before. Im not sure if HARKY got it under control so I try to put myself in his position and what I see (obviously) is a FA who's endurance is less than mine. So I put myself into that place to find him and figure out what I did back then at that (his current) stage to work on that problem, if I can remember well the solution -good, if i cant - i leave it up to other people like you that also can help. lol.

@HARK
    go try out the combo that I shared you. GD (12)> Shadow (20)>2 Cannons (12)>a lance (20)
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 04-26-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Trainee
    thanks a lot I appreciate all the help, tha goes for both. And I'll try that combo.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    Because you clearly dont have that problem, you see this issue as a lvl 180+ with gears that can stand it, not a lower level w/o vamp and upgrades. it is not my problem too, but it is for for those in the other end.
    If you keep mobs stunned, it is easier to survive than knockback. Mobs that are knocked back will attack you. Mobs that are stunned will never attack as long as you use the stun skill again as soon as it cools down, which is why you would have GD lv.12 or Sonic lv.9.

GD Stun is 5 seconds, if you have lv.12 the cooldown is 5. Same goes for Sonic lv.9. If you keep mobs stunned, you will not get hit at all. This doesn't require any particular level of defense/hp/vamp. This is more about timing of the skill; you cast it as soon as the cooldown is over.

This is the combo I've used, ever since I was lv.110s, and I find it to be very useful and easy to use:

Sonic lv.9 > stone cannon > fire cannon > aqua cannon (cannons can be any level 12+)

The mobs will be stunlocked so they won't ever "spike" until after you break combo.
    And If I break, I use GD as a secondary stun (to prevent that spike you were talking about), then start combo again. You can do a similar combo with GD as your main stun, you just need to get your skill cast times to add up to as close to 5 seconds as possible.

This is also easier to vamp because if you knockback mobs instead, they will just spread out, often out of your aoe range, so you won't be able to vamp from them.
    Last edited by Cathy; 04-26-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    If you keep mobs stunned, it is easier to survive than knockback. Mobs that are knocked back will attack you. Mobs that are stunned will never attack as long as you use the stun skill again as soon as it cools down, which is why you would have GD lv.12 or Sonic lv.9.

GD Stun is 5 seconds, if you have lv.12 the cooldown is 5. Same goes for Sonic lv.9. If you keep mobs stunned, you will not get hit at all. This doesn't require any particular level of defense/hp/vamp. This is more about timing of the skill; you cast it as soon as the cooldown is over.

This is the combo I've used, ever since I was lv.110s, and I find it to be very useful and easy to use:

Sonic lv.9 > stone cannon > fire cannon > aqua cannon (cannons can be any level 12+)

And If I break, I use GD as a secondary stun (to prevent that spike you were talking about), then start combo again.

This is also easier to vamp because if you knockback mobs instead, they will just spread out, often out of your aoe range, so you won't be able to vamp from them.
    Sonic at lvl 9 is bullsh** for those who knows bm1 and who war; pvp btw. xDDDDD just sayin.
    Yeah you can do that Sonic 9 > Shadow > 2 Cannons , dont necessarily have to be 3.

Ummm but really, I have been using thrusting whenever i grind, theres no difference. shooting star makes it messy but cannons not much.

this buff skill is not to be diregarded, it can save.

one range away from the knocked back mob can be the time that determines whether you live or die
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 04-26-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Banned
    Sonic at lvl 9 is bullsh** for those who knows bm1 and who war; pvp btw. xDDDDD just sayin.
    Yeah you can do that Sonic 9 > Shadow > 2 Cannons , dont necessarily have to be 3.

Ummm but really, I have been using thrusting whenever i grind, theres no difference. shooting star makes it messy but cannons not much.
    Well you can do the same for GD as long as you fill in the extra 5 seconds.

My point is: by using stun skills, you prevent being attacked at all. You said it is difficult to survive by using stun, and easier to survive using knockback, but that is not true.

ahem "not true" for you. Just wanna correct that xD
    Again, like i said...this im sure goes for some lower level FA's like Harky there,
    "one range away from the knocked back mob can be the time that determines whether you live or die "

Banned
    ahem "not true" for you. Just wanna correct that xD
    Again, like i said...this im sure goes for some lower level FA's like Harky there,
    "one range away from the knocked back mob can be the time that determines whether you live or die "
    If you are using stun skills properly, which is 0 to do with gear, you will not get hit at all.

Getting hit 0 times

vs

Getting hit sometimes

One of these is easier, and that is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    If you are using stun skills properly, which is 0 to do with gear, you will not get hit at all.

Getting hit 0 times

vs

Getting hit sometimes

One of these is easier, and that is a fact.
    Getting hit 0 times? haha! Please show me xD

hey dont use evasion pots!

Trainee
    my sonic shooter is 18 atm, so i guess I'll do, GD - cannons and use sonic like an extra stun.
    Knock back is good to prevent damage and recover damage taken, but I don't feel like using it if im trying to lure the mobs, I guess they will be spread with the knock back effect.
    So shooting star only worth for pvp right?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast