Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: questions about pvp/pve combos and skills

Trainee

questions about pvp/pve combos and skills

I been looking on forums about this, and I want an updated opinion.

I'll put what upgrades and skills with lvl I got atm, so you can tell me wich skills I don't really need, cause I feel like geting Resist Intention, and I don't have space and skill points

Every skill without number, means maxed.

Skills:

repulsive armor
    mana condense
    lower defense
    gravity distortion (9)
    critical shot (12)
    precision
    fire/terra/aqua lances (12)
    art of healing
    shadow shot (12)
    vital force
    sonic shooter
    shooting star
    greater heal
    mass heal
    thrusting arrow
    blind
    art of sniping
    curse remove
    offensive bless
    vital bless
    eagle eye
    sharpness
    stone cannon (15)
    fire cannon (20)

Combos:

Talking about PVE my combo is:
    GD - Critical Shot - Shadow Shot - 3 lances - GD again

I'll like opinion about PVP combos, skills and lvl.

I don't have much vamp atm, I'll get vamp earring +5 x2 soon.
    So I don't know if should I keep on combo or look for a set of skills for auto vamp. Cause I been looking actually that sometimes it's better to not combo when grinding.

About cannons and lances, I don't have clear wich works better.

Upgrades:

vitality mastery
    defensive sense
    force control
    damage absorb
    sixth sense
    ruling force

Ok so,worth to have sixth sense? or should I get mana mastery?

I don't have def rate on my gear, just the rune.

Ok this is it atm cya soon in another noob thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HARKDOG View Post

Skills:

repulsive armor
    mana condense
    lower defense
    gravity distortion (9)
    critical shot (12)
    precision
    fire/terra/aqua lances (12)
    art of healing
    shadow shot (12)
    vital force
    sonic shooter
    shooting star
    greater heal
    mass heal
    thrusting arrow
    blind
    art of sniping
    curse remove
    offensive bless
    vital bless
    eagle eye
    sharpness
    stone cannon (15)
    fire cannon (20)

For skills, Crit shot, Shadow shot, and all your lances, should be lv.20

Remove Blind completely. If you get resist intension, you only need it to be lv.1. Higher level does not give more resist, only duration, and you can always just cast it again.

Precision and Sharpness are optional, you can either lower them to a lower level, or remove them completely.

Sonic shooter, Fire cannon, can be lowered below 20, but you should still keep them.

Eagle Eye is also not necessary to be maxed if you really need the points (and depending on how much you like attack rate), but preferably, keep it lv.20 if you can. The same can be said for Thrusting Arrow and Curse Remove.

Combos:

GD - Critical Shot - Shadow Shot - 3 lances - GD again

I don't have much vamp atm, I'll get vamp earring +5 x2 soon.
    So I don't know if should I keep on combo or look for a set of skills for auto vamp. Cause I been looking actually that sometimes it's better to not combo when grinding.

About cannons and lances, I don't have clear wich works better.
    Your pve combo looks fine to me, but GD should be lv.12 instead of 9. The cooldown should work for auto-combo if your lances are lv.20.

Lances put out more damage, cannons have more aoe. When you're hitting 1-2 targets, use lances. When you're hitting many targets, use cannons.

For pvp combo, faster skills are better.

Crit shot > Shadow shot > tera lance > fire lance > aqua lance > shooting star

is a typical combo; most people use something similar to it. Crit shot can be skipped if your target has a lot of resist rate. Shadow shot (1.1 sec) can be skipped if you feel its too slow compared to lances (1.05 sec). Some people use freezing lance for range purposes. You just want to make sure you have enough skills to get your target to low hp, then use Shooting Star as finisher. On a single target, Shooting Star is better than Sonic Shooter.

Upgrades:

vitality mastery
    defensive sense
    force control
    damage absorb
    sixth sense
    ruling force

Ok so,worth to have sixth sense? or should I get mana mastery?

Keep the skills you have. Do not get Mana mastery.

Sixth sense is useful in multiple situations while Mana mastery is useful in only one: when you get mana freezed by a FB.

You can carry an aob or high mp earrings and just throw those on if you see an FB around.
    Last edited by Cathy; 04-25-2012 at 03:06 AM.

I been looking on forums about this, and I want an updated opinion.
    ill try to help o.o

I feel like geting Resist Intention, and I don't have space and skill points
    Please explain why. I dont understand what your reason would be for doing that, I might learn something from you. ><

These are just my opinion, ill put my comments with "//" and checks if I agree.

Skills:

repulsive armor
    mana condense
    lower defense
    gravity distortion (9)
    critical shot (12) //this has to be 20, even if ,lets say, you use crit damage orb, dont forget about the amp from other equips. this is an amp based skill when it comes to crit damage, you want this skill's crit damage ,not its base but crit damage, and amp amount improves that cdi of crit shot.
    precision // this is not a bm3 issue right?
    fire/terra/aqua lances (12) // has to be 20. these are the dpser range skills of the FA
    art of healing
    shadow shot (12) //has to be 20. only lance that beats its damage is terra lance, think of this as another lance that comes second to lance damage (terra being the first), the reason why it goes first than terra lance in a combo and why that practice has been shared by the early FA's who developed this sequence of skills is because of its range that is greater than terra lance. there will be situations in pvp and nwar when you dont want to use terra lance and wish you had other lances to utilize your range, shadow shot plays that role to replace terra lance when not used. No point of getting a new lance, the crit>shadow>3 lances combo is already functional and cohesive for a dps setting, you can save it with a cannon if it breaks (coz it will) at the second iteration of the combo loop. so why not replace it with a Cannon? Well, look at it its dps.
    vital force
    sonic shooter // leave it to lvl 18
    shooting star
    greater heal
    mass heal
    thrusting arrow //pve knockback
    blind //drop this, If you have 4.1 def rate (w/bike) like my FA, id consider having it to reduce the risk of Bm3 normal attacks
    art of sniping
    curse remove ✔ //yes for unmove recovery
    offensive bless
    vital bless
    eagle eye ✔//dont call yourself a FA w/o this lol
    sharpness //you as a magic class dont get anything from this buff, you get thankyou's from sword classes so its up to you
    stone cannon (15) //12 (pvp: Bm1) or 9
    fire cannon (20) // 12 (pvp:Bm1) or 9

Upgrades:

vitality mastery
    defensive sense
    force control
    damage absorb
    sixth sense
    ruling force

Combos:

GD - Critical Shot - Shadow Shot - 3 lances - GD again //lances work but cannons "hold" and control the lures better
    The use of lances works like a parallel sequence of dps skills, a series of 1.1-1.5's in a combo loop giving out/yielding crits or a non crits depending your rate, of course you wanna get crits out of that loop. thats the good part of FA pvp combo, its fast and it revolves, the iteration time or revolution time of this dps combo loop (critshot>shadow>lances) is also the most flexible compared to any other classes because it can be long range and short range at a lesser time frame - you can keep it going as long as you can (usually people get 10 combos out of it coz at 11 bar gets harder to save) can melee/sword class do this? no. Then comes the gamble of using Shooting Star yellow text effect or Sonic shooters damage to finish the job.

it's better to not combo when grinding.
    true.

you dont need def rate, you can survive just by having decent +9 gear upgrade
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 04-25-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Trainee
    ^^, thanks both for the tips

How should my pve combo/auto skills set with cannons be?

is ok shooting star at 18?

now my critical shot is 20, fire lance 20, terra/fire cannons at 12 or should I put them at 9?, remove precision already, aqua and terra lance still needing points to get maxed, so I don't know if should I remove blind, and put thrusting arrow or curse remove at 18. Im ok with sharpness
    Last edited by HARKDOG; 04-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Banned
    ^^, thanks both for the tips

How should my pve combo/auto skills set with cannons be?

is ok shooting star at 18?

now my critical shot is 20, fire lance 20, terra/fire cannons at 12 or should I put them at 9?, remove precision already, aqua and terra lance still needing points to get maxed, so I don't know if should I remove blind, and put thrusting arrow or curse remove at 18. Im ok with sharpness
    When it comes to thrusting arrow, it has utility in war. In pve, if you're grinding, you generally want to avoid knockback.

I do not use thrusting arrow at all when grinding in PI because you want to hold mobs together, not knock them back. And mobs that are stunned, cannot be downed or knocked back, so it is as good as useless if you are keeping the mobs stunned.

It has utility if you are comboing down a single mob. But you don't grind on single mobs.

Whether you want it lv.20 or not is completely up to how often you go war and/or like war.

Curse Remove will have 45 second cooldown time regardless of level. It affects MP cost only; so the skill level matters when you are mf'd by a FB. What level this should be is completely dependent on how much MP you have, or how often/how big of a problem manafreeze by FB is to you.

I would recommend lv.20 Shooting Star to optimize it as a finisher. You won't be using it for anything other than as a finisher.

I would recommend lv.15/18/20 cannons depending on how many points you have.

I don't like lv.9/12 cannons because the cooldown is too quick to auto-combo with; and lv.15 cannons do about the same damage as lv.20 lances. Under lv.15 is less damage. However if you are using it purely for grinding/stunlock purposes, 12 and over should be fine.

I do not recommend using Blind. I don't consider it to be worth the time to cast.
    Last edited by Cathy; 04-25-2012 at 06:15 PM.

s ok shooting star at 18?
    No. think about PvP 1 vs 1?
    Sonic lvl 18? Yeah dont lower it further. why? just think about bm1 - if you are applying it in nationwar.

About curse remove? its acceptable. I got my curse remove at 20 because Im probably one of the most rooted FA in nationwar. I needed it to cool as fast as it can, but perhaps you face a different situation so I id sayyou should be good at 18. You dont wanna be noticed in war, trust me them fb's will do their best to hunt you down with their binds.

I dont have sharpness lol i leave wi's or other fa's to do that, just so that I can increase the level of my cannons. but i only use cannons to save my crit shot>shadow>3 lance> loop in pvp application
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Trainee
    so for pve with GD - terra cannon - fire cannon, it's ok?

and thanks for the new tips

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    About curse remove? its acceptable. I got my curse remove at 20 because Im probably one of the most rooted FA in nationwar. I needed it to cool as fast as it can
    Mia, curse remove has a cooldown of 45 seconds no matter what level you have it o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    Mia, curse remove has a cooldown of 45 seconds no matter what level you have it o.o
    yeah thats wrong lol, no im sorry let me correct the reason there. its manafreeze, thats why I had it on 20, I never switch to aob, aop is what I use in pk all the way due to the fact that I have my aob +8 on my other character. switching rings and amulets at urgent situations like being mf'ed and bind is a tedious task so i dont care about the ammy's, i can survive mf with ammy of pain if I had one force regen +6 on and a lvl 20 curse remove. appearance of both ammulet confuse me too, so when im switching/acting fast, I dont get to see what is really swtiched, its just confusing lol so i dont bother with aob for that matter.
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 04-26-2012 at 07:37 AM.

oh wait a minute, why thrusting arrow in pve?. We are looking at application of cannons here. kb effect
    You need the knockback, especially if you dont have the foundation in hp absorb, not all FA's have that appropriate amount of hp absorb, im sure we got FA's out there who have that concern, probably more on the lower levels. Cannons knocback can save because of this, gives distance and time to recover/flee if the lures go out of control.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast