Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: questions about pvp/pve combos and skills

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    oh wait a minute, why thrusting arrow in pve?. We are looking at application of cannons here. kb effect
    You need the knockback, especially if you dont have the foundation in hp absorb, not all FA's have that appropriate amount of hp absorb, im sure we got FA's out there who have that concern, probably more on the lower levels. Cannons knocback can save because of this, gives distance and time to recover/flee if the lures go out of control.
    If you use either GD or Sonic, knockback won't help because mobs that are stunned will simply stay still. They will not fall down. They will not be moved back. Generally this is the most desirable for holding mobs together for exp purposes. Down would be the 2nd most desirable. Knockback is essentially the worst.

For defensive purposes, you should not need knockback if you do use a lv.9-12 GD. GD stun lasts for 5 seconds, and the cooldown is 4.2 seconds. With GD alone you can defend yourself using stun (and more aoe than cannons), without having to spread out your mobs. Sonic can be a secondary stun, or vice versa, depending on which stun skill you like better (although you need to alternate between both constantly if you have both at lv.20).

Knockback is only useful in pve when you are comboing one/two mobs, because the knockback will protect you while you combo lances (high dps) instead of using sonic/gd (low dps). But when up against multiple mobs, sonic and gd is better all around for the fact that they have more aoe, and they will hold the mobs together instead of spreading them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    If you use either GD or Sonic, knockback won't help because mobs that are stunned will simply stay still. They will not fall down. They will not be moved back. Generally this is the most desirable for holding mobs together for exp purposes. Down would be the 2nd most desirable. Knockback is essentially the worst.

For defensive purposes, you should not need knockback if you do use a lv.9-12 GD. GD stun lasts for 5 seconds, and the cooldown is 4.2 seconds. With GD alone you can defend yourself using stun (and more aoe than cannons), without having to spread out your mobs. Sonic can be a secondary stun, or vice versa, depending on which stun skill you like better (although you need to alternate between both constantly if you have both at lv.20).

Knockback is only useful in pve when you are comboing one/two mobs, because the knockback will protect you while you combo lances (high dps) instead of using sonic/gd (low dps). But when up against multiple mobs, sonic and gd is better all around for the fact that they have more aoe, and they will hold the mobs together instead of spreading them out.
    That is comboing. That is not safe like I agreed with our Thread starter here. I agree that combo can be dangerous when mobbing. Do we miss out of combo? Yes, what happens between that 4.2 second cool down? aggro attacks you, whats the back up? Sonic stun cooldown or cannon kb cooldown?
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Quote Originally Posted by HARKDOG View Post
    so for pve with GD - terra cannon - fire cannon, it's ok?

and thanks for the new tips
    GD> Shadow> Stone Cannon > Fire Cannon. You cant have sonic next then followed by GD, its gunna ruin the stun, you will have to wait til that stun from GD wears off, then sure go use Sonic to apply its stun.

This is a situation you'll be exposed to in porta inferno when grinding alone. The monsters appear left right and back and front, even if you started combo mode to stunlock that particular group of mobs in front of you, there can and will be some "strays" that will go after you from the back or somewhere from a spot they instantly notice you. Now keeping up the combo mode to clear the group is okay if you have the appropriate amount of hp steal. If not, youre gunna need more work and thats when my advice comes in.

If you dont have that appropriate amount, you'll be in trouble. The difference between me and Cathy is, he has vamp embedded on him (runes and gears), so no matter what group he hits, as long as he hits them it doesnt matter what attacks him from behind. I am not sure if he can see through what someone with lesser hp steal go through (my situation) though, since i dont have hp absorb rune and glove, he knows for a fact that I could manage it though, coz he's seen me in action when I grind

I dont have my hp absorb upgrades, and I just rely heavily on a force absorb ring and drosnin earings (hp steal) to vamp and I can still make it, my 4.1k def rate does give misses but Ive also been working without it and still survive. Im in an old fashioned setting you can say. and im sure some people are the same. I have been doing it out of combo (the part where I get as much lures as I can) and the kb's from cannons help me delay that damage intake. If I use GD stun or Sonic Stun, my time to respond to another surprise attack from a "stray" will be less ....and i can miss too since im out of combo), hence why I use cannons 1.5 cast time to push them back as often as i can.

For lower level or starting FA's without sonic or GD, dont lose hope in RS or whatever dungeon you try to grind alone when it comes to this issue. the kb buff (thrusting) helps for survival, just play your cannons right.
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 04-26-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Trainee
    Thanks a lot, I think Im ok with this, if some of u wanna say something more, no problem

Quote Originally Posted by HARKDOG View Post
    Thanks a lot, I think Im ok with this, if some of u wanna say something more, no problem
    watch out for GD too >< it has a bad side, play with it and see for yourself. I dont know if this has ever happened to you, but you blow GD and stun a groupd of mobs, when the effect wears off, they all hit you at the same time damage spike goes back to you like BAAAAAAM and youre down. You watch how many mobs your playing with and be really careful, if you lured ALOT you dont want their attack to synchronize.

Banned
    That is comboing. That is not safe like I agreed with our Thread starter here. I agree that combo can be dangerous when mobbing. Do we miss out of combo? Yes, what happens between that 4.2 second cool down? aggro attacks you, whats the back up? Sonic stun cooldown or cannon kb cooldown?
    When you hit mobs with GD or Sonic, they will be stunned even if you miss.

When you hit mobs with GD or Sonic, they will be stunned even if you miss.
    Stunning causes more harm than good. Undesirable for lower levels. I speak for the whole

Banned
    Stunning causes more harm than good.
    I would say that about Knockback >< you can't get exp on mobs that are spread out with knockback. and it pushes them out of your aoe range too.

Mobs will not break the stun if you have either gd at lv.12 or sonic at lv.9. one or the other.

I would say that about Knockback >< you can't get exp on mobs that are spread out with knockback. and it pushes them out of your aoe range too.
    Because you clearly dont have that problem, you see this issue as a lvl 180+ with gears that can stand it, not a lower level w/o vamp and upgrades. it is not my problem too, but it is for for those in the other end.

Trainee
    lol so GD or not GD? I don't feel like autoing fire cannon - stone cannon and nothing more.
    What can I use for autoing stun?
    When I was on mf with, GD - CS - SS - 3 lances - GD, it was stun, back to full hp, stun again, but now PF is a different story, and considering that now I use cannons and yes that happens to me with GD.
    I got 2 free slots atm, and the only skill I need to max is SS (19 atm) so maybe if I remove sharpness I can do that and get annother cannon, lol idk... what recomend me to do?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast