Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: event

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiggestNoobOnTheServer View Post
    I would like you to point out when, or where, I accused GM's. I don't think I did, if they don't have that power, why on earth GM's on other versions do? (EU PH etc.) You know it, as well as we do, that when new games come out they're capable of launching events. What I ask, is If you're capable of pulling it off, then why not more often? I also don't think they need to come out with totally new events every time. Halloween lanterns, big Santa's and, pets, were all repetitive events, that most people enjoyed. The reason why I'm so disappointed, is that if OGP GM's(which has less power)could do all that, why are est GM's so unproductive.
    For starters GM's productivity is irrelevant to the status of events in this game, it's a privilege not a requirement. They get paid to run the game crunch number, collect data on player base, etc. not make events. So lets not confuse the issue with whether or not, they're doing their job, as servers are still live, and we can play the game(given there's maintenance atm but I digress). Now with the actual point of your post, They don't do it more often because, with higher demand = more $$$. Right now, there aren't as many people begging for an event, as there would be in say, 2 weeks. Thus they make more profit off of it. They also have to take into account what that event would do to the immediate player base. If more people quit than coming in then they have a serious problem. Makes no sense to put an event in, and have people quit because of unsatisfactory event results right? Don't try and fix, what aint broken. In this case cabals player base. Especially considering there are many new games coming out in the summer they would do good to save them for then. Usually events carry over a special occasion anyway, They just don't give us events for the hell of it. I'm 100% sure when EU PH and KR got events they had some kind of holiday or countrywide celebration(Like for us it would be spring break) that was the immediate reason for the events. You also have to remember as I've said before, events are a privilege not a requirement.

I think in Korea they practice April Fools at the end of the month.
    BEST event of the year LOL.

None of that excuses the gm's lack of performing events, if anything it makes them look worse. If gm's only do events (which according to you are player privileges) wen they can make the most money. It further drivers my point. You seem to forget (or conveniently leave out) that other gm's in other versions do the exact same technical stuff while also providing players with regular events that don't always rely on players spending money. You nor any other person that tries to justify the lack of events have yet answerd why it happens in other version and not NA spring break was recent, nothing happened the cabal anniversary was recent nothing happened. And if you qualify events on which the players have to pay used to enjoy them properly "privileges" I do not agree with you. The only reason there seems to be an increase on players is bm3 and how long it takes and that will decline in time. If you look at ogp events they were successfull simple and the entire player base could fully participate. If gm's only use events to make extra cash and not to encourage players to stay this game is deeeply flawed.

Banned
    killerondeck ahahahaha dont sound like a killa just kissin gms behind there i agree with all people on the other side, how you gonna make excuses when we aint had a event in months and others like eu kr ph all got events

+1

but why a new company ? just merge us with EU. NA has the BIGGEST pool of players and EU PH KR has much bigger servers. The management ruined it. Remember when Cabal started it was well populated and they totally mishandled it. They are doing it here again, eu & ph both hosting safeguards. They even know it.I wish G.M Viral came down to NA to school our GMs how to handle things. The least they could do is learn from EU. We had one good G.M in NA Cabal during ogp days, Kalaydrah, anyone remember her ?

Cabal 2 ? Cabal is so much better. I don't even know why their development even concentrated there. They could have done so much here, look at wow expansion over another and they grew over time. This LACK of event did it for me, I am going to download and tryout GW2, it will own Diablo3. As for Cabal they should have rushed a sgh or a solid event immediately after EU hosted, that's what PH did.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 04-25-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRazz View Post
    Going back to my last point... People are still playing, everyone knows that its been almost 5 months from out last event....Yet from your sig Im guessing you play in mercury so you already see how full all the servers are even venus has picked up.

Events are there to help make the game more fun yes, however no where does it say that the GMs are required to give us events.

Now with that being said, trust me I would like events too...But we (people that play cabal) dont understand all the steps that the GMs must take to really get an event going.

To my knowing the event system works like this: GMs take ideas together and bring them to EST, from there EST decides if/how/when events will be put into place, if EST rejects the event ideas then no events for us and GMs go back to the drawing board...The GMs dont have the final say in if a event is put into effect or not.

Another way of looking at it is like this (No disrespect the the gms with this next comment) GMs are just the grunts of the work shop they just collect data and bring it to the higher ups, they accept or decline then the grunts carry out the work of what the uppers said... We dont see the higher ups only the GMs.

Good old saying applies here "Dont Shoot the Messenger"
    Again LaRazz shows all the noobs how it works.

Quit complaining people. And besides, i'm looking forward to having 175% wexp bonus this weekend more than an sgh or sig event (those events are for those who can't gear up in game bcs no patience).

Besides, this makes up for no bonus exp for easter.

Also, gotta remember this is a Free-to-play, meaning the GM don't have all the priveledges that a pay-to-play gm has. Quit moping because you can't get what you want and go listen to that Rolling Stones song.

Quote Originally Posted by forumtwizzler View Post
    +1

but why a new company ? just merge us with EU. NA has the BIGGEST pool of players and EU PH KR has much bigger servers.
    Um, I don't want to call you stupid, but NA has the smallest number of players for this game because we have too many other mmo's that are newer that players go join and play (even if they are cookie cutters of each other). Free games don't have the quality of paid for. In the long run, if you want the best, you have to pay for it. EU has decreased in size because newer games as well. One thing however that Cabal lacks in NA is advertising. No one knows about it if it's not broadcasted anywhere except conventions, and even then it's small.

Oh yea and btw: EU > NA in population, so I think your numbers are off a little somewhere.

And WoW is a crap game that's OP bcs of the company name and it's wide advertizing. It's also NOT FREE. <---------- key factor. They have item shops aside from monthly subscriptions just like any other mmo these days.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 04-26-2012 at 04:11 AM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

And EU doesn't have access to newer MMOs ? Name me ONE game EU cannot play that NA can play ? Do you know the biggest game in Korea ? It isn't Cabal - it's a game called STARCRAFT made by Blizzard the same company that made world of warcraft. In Korea they even show live games of Starcraft on television !

What i meant with biggest pool of players is potential market, not the number of players in cabal. if they managed it properly Cabal NA would be bigger than korea / EU / PH and so on. Think about it, korea is a small country, yet they have a lot of players. When cabal first started in NA we had a decent sized base as well. NA Cabal almost died due to mismanagement and abuse, before it merged into Global. Some people were comparing Cabal to WoW at some point, saying it had the potential to overtake it.

As for free game, 90% of people in Cabal is under some kind of blessing bead or premium service.

WoW may be a crappy game, or call it what you want, it has been and is the biggest MMO of all time - released before Cabal and still going strong. My point wasn't to compare quality of the game, but how a properly managed software could have a strong demand in NA.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 04-26-2012 at 04:34 AM.

@ valdoroth, I already said some people would be happy with watching there bars move a little faster this weekend (which is a joke). Answer this, is cabal also free to play in all other versions? I believe it is. Do the gm's in other version give Events more often? I believe They do. Since there all version are free to play all gm's should have similar power. Not even you can excuse there lack of events. You are another guy that supports what I say. we have less players so don't you think events should be more often to keep the player base while adding more players as well. People keep avoiding the question,why other versions do get events and we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBiggestNoobOnTheServer View Post
    @ valdoroth, I already said some people would be happy with watching there bars move a little faster this weekend (which is a joke). Answer this, is cabal also free to play in all other versions? I believe it is. Do the gm's in other version give Events more often? I believe They do. Since there all version are free to play all gm's should have similar power. Not even you can excuse there lack of events. You are another guy that supports what I say. we have less players so don't you think events should be more often to keep the player base while adding more players as well. People keep avoiding the question,why other versions do get events and we don't?
    Well idk....maybe because they PAY ESTSoft for the patches whilst we are just living off of EST and KR takes priority ...whilst we are like ....ESTSOft's little old lady ....just keeping her alive until old age finally makes her kick the bucket....so the support (funding) we are getting to keep the game running is like pension to old citizens that are no longer useful to society. :s
    次の舞・白漣, Tsugi No Mai , ~Jay ~ Jayc ~ Jet Plane ~

Shadow Titanium
    well it's better than nothing
    Last edited by awakening; 07-18-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast