Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like I'm in hell

I feel like I'm in hell

Just putting it out there. Recently both my son and I came back to Cabal after a 5 month break. Apparently now you have to re-activate your account after such a long while, so no problem for me, I did. However, when my son clicked on the button to send himself the re-activation code... it would not send. Can't figure that one out considering that we both game from my same computer, share the same IP address, etc. He checked his e-mail and that was active and fine, so we talked it over and he decided to make a fresh account to contact the help desk. No reply, and they deleted the new account. So, being a good parent and wanting for my son to be able to enjoy Cabal once more, I sent in a ticket to the help desk myself. Received nothing by way of help, just a request for real life identification, which makes absolutely no sense considering we listed all of his account characters, pet, guild, e-mail and more. Also I made certain to remind them that we had never used our real life names to sign up for this game, and that even when my own account was hacked last year... I was never once asked for a piece of identification to verify that I was who I claimed to be. Nope, back then I was just asked to do what I did for my son this time, and that was to name very detailed specifics about the account in order to get it back where it belonged. But now, 2 pieces of picture I.D? I only have one piece with a photo on it, not that I own a scanner anyway, nor would I be willing to hand over my driver's license to a gaming site. So... yeah. At this time, this will be my fourth attempt at getting his account re-activated, and it should be rightfully given back since we spent real dollars to play here and our accounts are both a few years old. Feeling more than frustrated at this point, ripped off, and overly bothered by the whole mess. And yes, I also see that this problem has been happening for a while to many other players, and I am in no way trying to voice myself over you. We just want players to be aware that this problem is still ongoing, for order to be restored in our gaming world, to be able to enjoy ourselves here again, and to alleviate this huge and unnecessary problem with the re-activation button. It's not so much to ask, I don't believe.

GMs, please review the help desk tickets I submitted to you and give my son his account back to him. This has been far too much of an ordeal already. Thank you once again for your time.

tl;dr if you already sent a helpdesk ticket there's no point in posting anything on here.

just a FYI, you may need to send the code SEVERAL times,it took like 10 times to get my code, only 3 times with my alt acct, its part of their "improved" sercurity
    162 FB cap (retired)
    169 WA cap
    182 WA proc
    142 WA cap

Yea cause every 10-15 yr old has picture I'd...... LOl
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    What this isn't 1940's German/Jewish neighborhood?
    Being full of yourself online is fine, since you know in the real world you are nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoughGhan View Post
    What this isn't 1940's German/Jewish neighborhood?
    Who let you out from under the rock?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Nah They ask for 2 different forms of government ID not just picture ID. No one is gona give their kid their social security card to play an online game =/

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    Who let you out from under the rock?
    Ever see the Geico commercial where they are living under a rock? That's me!
    Being full of yourself online is fine, since you know in the real world you are nothing.

Shadow Titanium
    god damit gogo just ...god damit!

Nice, perfect example of a failed policy. Yea you can't access your account because our servers fail, Please send us your ID which isn't even a practical request from a online mmo publisher, whoever made that policy needs to jump off the nearest roof.

Watch out bra, your son didn't put his real life name in the cabal online account he created, since you know they mentioned there would be a policy later on enacted that would require real life names to be used to match picture IDs, which can't even be verified anyway. That's probably one of the dumbest requirements I've ever heard of, real life names on mmo game accounts, I could see about Billing dept. but its always been safe practice to use fake names so when, not if; but when the server is breached by UN-authorized access like it already has been, the person will not gain any real life name/birthdate ect from the accounts, just user ids, and passwords/emails.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 05-07-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast