Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Different Perspective

Different Perspective

I don't know if the recent post from these Viet players are affecting the GM's decisions (hopefully not) regarding the free eCoin issue, but I defenitely see the community being affected. Lets put it in a different perspective and possibly others can understand where I'm coming from (and a bunch who are too lazy to post on the forums )

So firstly, yes, I'm banned and no I'm not Viet, I'm American. There are a couple of things that seem unfair/stupid IMHO about these bannings and policies...

1) They are banning people for being rewarded for an offer that may not have been completely done by a player. Yes this includes the people who faked their information, but it also includes the people that DIDNT aswell. Well you might ask why wouldn't you complete an offer but enter valid information? If you've never done some of these offers, they sometimes claim they are free and you just have to do these 3 steps. The 1st is usually a survey (which some honest people, including myself, answer with TRUE information) then the 2nd is "Choose any 3 of these offers to go on to the 3rd step and receive your free eCoins!" and the offers listed require a purchase.... So obviously, most (98%) of the people won't want to purchase anything and exit out that offer. This brings me to my second point....

2) Aren't these free eCoin companies supposed to be professional companies? Apparently they are rewarding people who haven't completed the offer or even people who fake information. Although I can see the second one being hard to catch, rewarding people when they cancel the offer is a little unprofessional don't you think? I don't see how a player can get banned for being mis-rewarded (for a lack of a better word) when they can do nothing about it.

3) "Well when your mis-rewarded just contact the company?" Easier said then done, a lot of the offers I did completely I wasn't even rewarded for (like I said in early posts) so I had to look at almost every offer to try squeeze what I could out legitly. Sometimes I did the same offer a couple times (the download ones) until it finally rewarded me, which was really irritating. When you look at an offer, it goes in your history so I probably had like 50 or so offers per company in my eCoin refill history. Why am I going to keep track when I assumed that the company would be... If I knew not to assume that then I would have been more cautious.

Last point is not only Viet people are affected by this, but also a handful of legit players. I've been playing this game honestly and legitly for about over a year. I've been in TheSovereign, Tenacity, Serenity, and now DivineGaurdians for those of you who might remember me. Our clan leader in DivineGaurdians, who is apparently well known as being honest, friendly, and trustworthy, Kizaki/Kaz is also banned by this, along with a couple of other friends and guildmates...

Just my 2cents for the community and any GM's looking at this.

btw, sorry its so long...

Got into the essay writing mode last night; gotta love finals week.

I can't believe I red all that >.> and lol I agree but yeaaa I bet someone will come and flame your whole essay sooner or later.

Banned
    money what est and gm love so they should just set a fee for all you to pay to get back no reason for perma ban that you cant get reversed we all remember some players that where dirty as sht and got unbanned. also i agree cabal has been much more dead just some advice to you gms your really in no position to keep lowering the player base many new games are out and comming out you have already failed on events with mass irriversible bans your really putting the nails in cabal.
    Last edited by noobman; 05-09-2012 at 12:17 PM.

haha oh well, hoping a GM would look at this and if anything possibly help their decision (which it probably wont)

just 6 mroe days baby... and if you dont know what im talking about... figure it out ^^

Quote Originally Posted by noobman View Post
    money what est and gm love so they should just set a fee for all you to pay to get back no reason for perma ban that you cant get reversed we all remember some players that where dirty as sht and got unbanned. also i agree cabal has been much more dead just some advice to you gms your really in no position to keep lowering the player base many new games are out and comming out you have already failed on events with mass irriversible bans your really putting the nails in cabal.
    nice post you speak my mind, the games gone be dead is they keep doing shiz like this.

I disagree. Let me put it in a different perspective for you as well. Unfortunately this happens too often irl, but sometimes banks would transfer money into a wrong account. With this you might wake up one morning and instead of having $50 in your bank, suddenly you might have $100,000 (extreme example, I know people that got a wrong deposit of over $2,500 though). Now based on your logic, this isn't your fault, so you should be able to just take the money, and spend it on anything you like. But in reality when the bank recognizes the mistake (and they always do), they charge your account back. So now if you spent the $999,950 that weren't yours, your account will go into a negative, and you will be forced to repay the money one way or another.

Anyways, a game company can't force you to pay back the money lost, but they can ban your account. With the way they did it, I'm pretty sure that the "free offers" organizations discovered people abusing their system, then went back to EST soft, and took back the money they paid them in exchange for the offers you were supposed to complete. In this situation EST is in a very bad position, loosing money they thought they had, so you can't just say you're sorry or that it wasn't your fault, they wouldn't care.

Shadow Titanium
    i didnt get banned for doing those offers, maybe some of you were abusing it and blocking some of those offers codes so it would finish tsktsk

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    I disagree. Let me put it in a different perspective for you as well. Unfortunately this happens too often irl, but sometimes banks would transfer money into a wrong account. With this you might wake up one morning and instead of having $50 in your bank, suddenly you might have $100,000 (extreme example, I know people that got a wrong deposit of over $2,500 though). Now based on your logic, this isn't your fault, so you should be able to just take the money, and spend it on anything you like. But in reality when the bank recognizes the mistake (and they always do), they charge your account back. So now if you spent the $999,950 that weren't yours, your account will go into a negative, and you will be forced to repay the money one way or another.

Anyways, a game company can't force you to pay back the money lost, but they can ban your account. With the way they did it, I'm pretty sure that the "free offers" organizations discovered people abusing their system, then went back to EST soft, and took back the money they paid them in exchange for the offers you were supposed to complete. In this situation EST is in a very bad position, loosing money they thought they had, so you can't just say you're sorry or that it wasn't your fault, they wouldn't care.
    Well obviously you didn't earn that money... maybe if they misplaced 10-50 dollars it'd be a worthy example of using then you wouldnt notice a difference and might spend it. Like I said, if they actually rewarded you for everything you did then I would be able to keep track but they don't, and I made a wrong assumption to do so... Regardless this isn't that situation and even if I didnt spend those eCoins I still got banned... Its not like I have a negative balance on my eCoins, they could easily just charge the eCoins out of the account or give the account like a week to pay off your negative balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Izumiia View Post
    i didnt get banned for doing those offers, maybe some of you were abusing it and blocking some of those offers codes so it would finish tsktsk

I have no clue what that meant

And maybe you got lucky or maybe your still gonna get banned soon, it didn't happen in a day that we all did. So don't push your luck ^^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast