Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BM3 synergies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    LOL at the noobs calling their skills Fatal when they're not BL. Dudes, they're freaking called BM3 skills. Not Fatal. I'm FB, it's called Split Skills. Learn how to read. Seriously, at least call them stages?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "calling their skills Fatal when they're not BL."

In the Korean patch notes, they are labeled as Fatal Skills.

In our "tip" system they are called Deathblow specialties or w/e (a translation of Fatal).

However, in our patch notes they are also called Fatal Attacks. (a more direct/accurate translation from the korean patch notes).

So I think it is completely normal to call them Skill A, Skill B, and Fatal I, II, III. Similarly to how we would generically say G.Master/Completer/Trans Skills, instead of the actual name. The name Split/Launcher/Knucklet etc, can be used as well but ofc theres nothing wrong with using the generic form that applies to everyone.

And imo, the word "Fatals" sounds a lot better than "stages."

But back on topic:

I recommend using 12 hit combos, one of each synergy, with only Fatal I, in a pve situation. Skip over Increase Critical and use Share Pain twice, and Chain Pain once, if the target has Panic Cry up on it.

Fatals are more for pk/war rather than pve; A and B skills are actually more dps, and dungeons/bossing is all about dps. And the biggest advantage they have over the fatals is that they can be done in a 12 hit loop before your synergy duration ends.
    Last edited by Cathy; 05-27-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "calling their skills Fatal when they're not BL."

In the Korean patch notes, they are labeled as Fatal Skills.

In our "tip" system they are called Deathblow specialties or w/e (a translation of Fatal).

However, in our patch notes they are also called Fatal Attacks. (a more direct/accurate translation from the korean patch notes).

So I think it is completely normal to call them Skill A, Skill B, and Fatal I, II, III. Similarly to how we would generically say G.Master/Completer/Trans Skills, instead of the actual name. The name Split/Launcher/Knucklet etc, can be used as well but ofc theres nothing wrong with using the generic form that applies to everyone.

And imo, the word "Fatals" sounds a lot better than "stages."

But back on topic:

I recommend using 12 hit combos, one of each synergy, with only Fatal I, in a pve situation. Skip over Increase Critical and use Share Pain twice, and Chain Pain once, if the target has Panic Cry up on it.

Fatals are more for pk/war rather than pve; A and B skills are actually more dps, and dungeons/bossing is all about dps. And the biggest advantage they have over the fatals is that they can be done in a 12 hit loop before your synergy duration ends.
    No they cannot. That's only FA and FS. FB, WA, BL, and WI runs out at about 9 hits of A+B. Don't you recall reading that FA+ FS had 13 sec duration and the rest 8 second? UNless that was altered again right before we got it, but I do know for a fact that I can only get about 9 hits b4 the synergy run out.

And I still think it sounds really funny to call them all Fatal skills. Sounds fine as just bm3 skills.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 05-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Warrior: 15 seconds
    Force Archer / Force Shielder: 13 seconds
    Blader / Wizard / Force Blader: 12 seconds

from wormy's notes for EU update

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    No they cannot. That's only FA and FS. FB, WA, BL, and WI runs out at about 9 hits of A+B. Don't you recall reading that FA+ FS had 13 sec duration and the rest 8 second? UNless that was altered again right before we got it, but I do know for a fact that I can only get about 9 hits b4 the synergy run out.

And I still think it sounds really funny to call them all Fatal skills. Sounds fine as just bm3 skills.
    The 8 second duration is old. Crusade's numbers are correct. They were designed that way (based on A/B skill cast time) so your synergies would last throughout your next 12 hit combo as well.

I notice that my synergy also sometimes runs out at the 11th hit, but sometimes it lasts the entire 12 hits (sometimes I just click faster i guess).

On FB, it will be the same if you do not debuff. The cast time of enervation and hard luck eat up your synergy time. I tried doing 8 hit combos instead to compensate for that, but 12 hit combos with synergy lasting on only 9/12 hits still turned out to be more dps over a 90 second bm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12