Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEED Answers! Combo + Dash for FA's

Hybrid View

NEED Answers! Combo + Dash for FA's

tbh it helps, especially when chasing people, its a MUST learn player skill, but why is hard to do on FA when using the dps skill setting? Im serious, it is!...I usually break at second skill... is it because of the skills? or dps because I always press yellow (earliest) on aim spot of combo? is there a certain range for it to work or timing? I have tried the same method and combo setting on a WIZ and FB it works fine with those class but like I said with FA it's different, it keeps on breaking.

I havent tried adding skills like Prism. Arrow or Drilling shot coz i dont want to purchase them, but you think that will work?

Ive made observations as well by stalking videos on youtube, I noticed that there are no FA videos who used dash fade in combo and Neiro if youre reading this answer me.
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 05-15-2010 at 05:35 PM.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Banned
    It does work in combo. I've tried it on Bloody Ice's dummy over and over. If you would like, I can make a video, although my computer is quiet slow.

If you lag it kills it. So during NW you might have a hard time with it. I can do it easy but most times its too laggy -.-

Siggy By Rasecx!

Banned
    Uploading right now. Wait 30min.

Banned
    Here you go.

your combo bar setting is different than mine. and yeah I noticed that if you press somwhere at middle it will work but Im used to pressing on yellow so I guess that's why

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    your combo bar setting is different than mine. and yeah I noticed that if you press somwhere at middle it will work but Im used to pressing on yellow so I guess that's why
    My hand is fairly big so I can reach over to the "-" key easy...it's way easier than putting the dash on 2 and having my fingers cramped. Idk about you though. Also, I dash/ combo at yellow as well, but fraps lags me.

yeah I was wondering how your skill setting works, the dash button is too far from the combo mode. Yeah, I start my skills at 3 to 7 and slot 1 will be the combo initiator while 2 is dash. Mine still breaks when I press too early which often happens. oh well I guess im just lagging but still its weird coz I can do dash while combo with my wiz

NEED Answers Combo Dash for FAs

What skills my FA need? Can you tell to me your FAs buffs and attack skills and lvl of them 1-20 Infact I need PvE skills and buffs because I dont PvP so much

Quote Originally Posted by Naitfoobathog View Post
    What skills my FA need? Can you tell to me your FAs buffs and attack skills and lvl of them 1-20 Infact I need PvE skills and buffs because I dont PvP so much
    I think im not the right FA to ask if u really need help with PvE skills
    Reasons:
    -Im not a grinder! as you can see or mightve heard, Im one of the early FA's that supposed to be 170 now
    -I focus more for my amusement which is pk'ing in ch 15
    -I have been corrected by many FA's regarding the skill settings and realized they have a point. But if you'd insist to learn mine... fine.
    Ok let me split the skills in order of use (by combo mode sequence)
    Offense Skills - Offense, because this is what I use to kill people in pvp duel or pk. All maxed level 20 to make full use of the amplified bonus of skills. A revolution is not possible (since a lvl 20 shooting star can only be used one time) with these skills in combo mode. Its purely meant for the KILL. The skills have casting time of 1.3 seconds excluding Shooting Star (w/ has 3.0 at max level). You also have to be aware that among the three lances, Terra lance has 5% more amp than the rest, but the range and cooldown time is decreased. SO lets say youre in normal mode destroying a gate in NW or any boss and its about to die and you need to switch to these set of skills to initiate the kill while usng AoS but at the same time maintain the max range, make sure that Terra Lance hits before casting the trans buff while in combo mode or youll be forced to waste aos
    Set #1 PvP
    Critical shot level 20
    Shadow Shot level 20
    Terra Lance level 20
    Fire Lance level 20
    Aqua Lance level 20
    Shooting Star level 20

PvE Skills - My PvE skills arent really the same as most FA's would set them. Since gathering mobs as a FA is a matter of life and death (while grinding in my opinion xD) thus should be done carefully. Getting in a combo mode and having a group of creepy hard hitting monsters under stunlock can be dangerous to those who dont have vamp gears (those hp % steal per hit stuff). Something can just respawn from behind you and hit you while ure in combo mode that the amount of time to cancel the combo mode isnt enough to save you from dying so the safest way is not to use combo mode. worse cases u'd get are miss and if Gravity Distortion hasnt cooled down to stun those group of monsters to give you time to deal with those attacking you from behind, but that can only happen if u have GD's level set like mine to lvl 15 (i'll explain why later). Another reason why I wouldnt suggest you to follow mine is also because we might hve different gears and different level. Cannons are the best skills for stunlock, lances can work but not at level 20. Sticking with cannons, Ive seen people here in forum say theyve maxed it to 20, I dont know if three cannons can be revolved even with Shadow Shot included.. I have my cannons at level 9 with 1.5 cool down each and it can be revolved, upgrading them to level 18 is impossible due to insufficient skill points. Im a pk'er so Id use the cannons (with their 45% chance kb and down) to Knockdown my targets first before I kill them with set #1 combo. That 45% KB of cannons helps me in pve at times when a stray mob comes closer and attacks me while Im in combo mode which is why I advise it rather than lances.
    But its Gravity Distortion that you'll really need because of its stun effect, its the skill that saves .

Why did I set GD to 15? because I want to use the most of it in both PvE and PvP duel and pk. Level 15 cooldown 7 seconds is just enough (time and skill points) and works for both.

Set #2 PvE
    Gravity Distortion Level 15
    ShadowShot Level 20
    Fire Cannon Level 9 (should be 12)
    Aqua Cannon Level 9 (should be 12)
    Stone Cannon Level 9 (should be 12)
    Drilled Shot Level 17 (should be 9) - An error I just discovered xDDDD

I use drilled shot because of its delay effect gives me time to pot up when my hp is in trouble. But having it at lvl 17 is just a no no, I forgot why I did that but a lvl 9 drilled shot will work and make you upgrade you cannons to level 12 ( which is what im gunna do in awhile)

The Buffs are very easy, the people who made guides and posted it here did a good job.

Set #3 The Buffs and Support Skills
    Vital Force Level 20
    Repulsive Armor Level 20
    Mana Condense Level 20
    Thrusting Arrow Level 20
    Precision Level 20
    Art of Healing Level 20
    Eagle Eye Level 20
    Resist Intention Level 9
    Sharpness Level 20 (melee class will love you for this)
    Greater Heal Level 20
    Mass Heal Level 20
    Lower Defense (debuff) Level 20 I have this, as my debuff against Legacy Guardians just to add up some debuff if fb isnt present.
    You also be aware tht certain buffs dont stack with others until you reach certain levels (level 140 is the start)
    Upgrade Skills
    Vitality Mastery for HP Lv. 10 maxed
    Defensive Sense for Defense Lv. 8 maxed
    Force Control for Magic attack Lv. 8 maxed
    Ruling Force for magic attack Lv. 3 maxed
    Damage Absorb for Defense Lv. 3 maxed
    Mana Mastery for MP Lv. 10 maxed (you dont need sixth sense / defense rate to be honest. the rate of miss a target does to you is barely noticeable even without it, you have to focus on increasing your mana against fb's mana freeze coz its dangerous in pk.)
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 07-05-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast