Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEED Answers! Combo + Dash for FA's

I just want to get used to doing it with my FA, so I'm in practice mode right now. I know what you mean by the gears, but its still different when in combo against enemies because theres no knockdown and you can attack faster.
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 05-18-2010 at 12:54 AM.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Yeah I know why it breaks now........LAG.

but I dont love you xDDDD I just mish youuuu!!

NEED Answers Combo Dash for FAs

What skills my FA need? Can you tell to me your FAs buffs and attack skills and lvl of them 1-20 Infact I need PvE skills and buffs because I dont PvP so much

Quote Originally Posted by Naitfoobathog View Post
    What skills my FA need? Can you tell to me your FAs buffs and attack skills and lvl of them 1-20 Infact I need PvE skills and buffs because I dont PvP so much
    I think im not the right FA to ask if u really need help with PvE skills
    Reasons:
    -Im not a grinder! as you can see or mightve heard, Im one of the early FA's that supposed to be 170 now
    -I focus more for my amusement which is pk'ing in ch 15
    -I have been corrected by many FA's regarding the skill settings and realized they have a point. But if you'd insist to learn mine... fine.
    Ok let me split the skills in order of use (by combo mode sequence)
    Offense Skills - Offense, because this is what I use to kill people in pvp duel or pk. All maxed level 20 to make full use of the amplified bonus of skills. A revolution is not possible (since a lvl 20 shooting star can only be used one time) with these skills in combo mode. Its purely meant for the KILL. The skills have casting time of 1.3 seconds excluding Shooting Star (w/ has 3.0 at max level). You also have to be aware that among the three lances, Terra lance has 5% more amp than the rest, but the range and cooldown time is decreased. SO lets say youre in normal mode destroying a gate in NW or any boss and its about to die and you need to switch to these set of skills to initiate the kill while usng AoS but at the same time maintain the max range, make sure that Terra Lance hits before casting the trans buff while in combo mode or youll be forced to waste aos
    Set #1 PvP
    Critical shot level 20
    Shadow Shot level 20
    Terra Lance level 20
    Fire Lance level 20
    Aqua Lance level 20
    Shooting Star level 20

PvE Skills - My PvE skills arent really the same as most FA's would set them. Since gathering mobs as a FA is a matter of life and death (while grinding in my opinion xD) thus should be done carefully. Getting in a combo mode and having a group of creepy hard hitting monsters under stunlock can be dangerous to those who dont have vamp gears (those hp % steal per hit stuff). Something can just respawn from behind you and hit you while ure in combo mode that the amount of time to cancel the combo mode isnt enough to save you from dying so the safest way is not to use combo mode. worse cases u'd get are miss and if Gravity Distortion hasnt cooled down to stun those group of monsters to give you time to deal with those attacking you from behind, but that can only happen if u have GD's level set like mine to lvl 15 (i'll explain why later). Another reason why I wouldnt suggest you to follow mine is also because we might hve different gears and different level. Cannons are the best skills for stunlock, lances can work but not at level 20. Sticking with cannons, Ive seen people here in forum say theyve maxed it to 20, I dont know if three cannons can be revolved even with Shadow Shot included.. I have my cannons at level 9 with 1.5 cool down each and it can be revolved, upgrading them to level 18 is impossible due to insufficient skill points. Im a pk'er so Id use the cannons (with their 45% chance kb and down) to Knockdown my targets first before I kill them with set #1 combo. That 45% KB of cannons helps me in pve at times when a stray mob comes closer and attacks me while Im in combo mode which is why I advise it rather than lances.
    But its Gravity Distortion that you'll really need because of its stun effect, its the skill that saves .

Why did I set GD to 15? because I want to use the most of it in both PvE and PvP duel and pk. Level 15 cooldown 7 seconds is just enough (time and skill points) and works for both.

Set #2 PvE
    Gravity Distortion Level 15
    ShadowShot Level 20
    Fire Cannon Level 9 (should be 12)
    Aqua Cannon Level 9 (should be 12)
    Stone Cannon Level 9 (should be 12)
    Drilled Shot Level 17 (should be 9) - An error I just discovered xDDDD

I use drilled shot because of its delay effect gives me time to pot up when my hp is in trouble. But having it at lvl 17 is just a no no, I forgot why I did that but a lvl 9 drilled shot will work and make you upgrade you cannons to level 12 ( which is what im gunna do in awhile)

The Buffs are very easy, the people who made guides and posted it here did a good job.

Set #3 The Buffs and Support Skills
    Vital Force Level 20
    Repulsive Armor Level 20
    Mana Condense Level 20
    Thrusting Arrow Level 20
    Precision Level 20
    Art of Healing Level 20
    Eagle Eye Level 20
    Resist Intention Level 9
    Sharpness Level 20 (melee class will love you for this)
    Greater Heal Level 20
    Mass Heal Level 20
    Lower Defense (debuff) Level 20 I have this, as my debuff against Legacy Guardians just to add up some debuff if fb isnt present.
    You also be aware tht certain buffs dont stack with others until you reach certain levels (level 140 is the start)
    Upgrade Skills
    Vitality Mastery for HP Lv. 10 maxed
    Defensive Sense for Defense Lv. 8 maxed
    Force Control for Magic attack Lv. 8 maxed
    Ruling Force for magic attack Lv. 3 maxed
    Damage Absorb for Defense Lv. 3 maxed
    Mana Mastery for MP Lv. 10 maxed (you dont need sixth sense / defense rate to be honest. the rate of miss a target does to you is barely noticeable even without it, you have to focus on increasing your mana against fb's mana freeze coz its dangerous in pk.)
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 07-05-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Do you PvE in combo or out? Cause in combo I've found Crit shot > Shadow Shot (or Fire Lance) > Terra Lance > Aqua Lance to be most effective. And I use GD as an emergency vamp skill, same with shooting star.

And at level 157 or whatever you're at you should beat MF without Mana Mastery, and honestly Sixth Sense really does help. You only really need 1,450 MP, that's enough to dash/fade and use Crit Shot and lances, which is enough for 10 seconds in PK.

If Im in solo mode I stick with the GD (only to hold them and for good vamp) >shadow> 3 lv. 12 cannons combo set#2. Lances work but I noticed cannons hold/lock them more effectively so I only use lances in a pt grind. and in combo mode.

I dont use shootingstar unless the skill is enough to finish the monsters hp (like a finisher), using it as vamp is dangerous when ure out in combo mode especially with thrusting arrow on, its a messy skill for me because its scatters the mobs thus should be only use as finisher.

and nope. The defense rate of sixth sense wont save you against a player target whos in combo mode. Even in pve you'll still be hit, And we would like to use GD and SS in pk while withstanding mana freeze so Id rather advice to focus on getting higher mp for SS and GD to work. You may not be hitting the fb but another target instead, and you wouldnt like that fb's mf ruining your combo mode do you? I happen to believe that If I dont use combo mode in pk you aint killing anyone especially against WA's and FA's. btw at lvl 157 its not possile to get over 1.4 mp w/o mp upgrade or mp rune.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    If Im in solo mode I stick with the GD (only to hold them and for good vamp) >shadow> 3 lv. 12 cannons combo set#2. Lances work but I noticed cannons hold/lock them more effectively so I only use lances in a pt grind. and in combo mode.

I dont use shootingstar unless the skill is enough to finish the monsters hp (like a finisher), using it as vamp is dangerous when ure out in combo mode especially with thrusting arrow on, its a messy skill for me because its scatters the mobs thus should be only use as finisher.

and nope. The defense rate of sixth sense wont save you against a player target whos in combo mode. Even in pve you'll still be hit, And we would like to use GD and SS in pk while withstanding mana freeze so Id rather advice to focus on getting higher mp for SS and GD to work. You may not be hitting the fb but another target instead, and you wouldnt like that fb's mf ruining your combo mode do you? I happen to believe that If I dont use combo mode in pk you aint killing anyone especially against WA's and FA's. btw at lvl 157 its not possile to get over 1.4 mp w/o mp upgrade or mp rune.
    Ah I see you have a different PvE style than I do. They both work I believe but my GD is 20 so I can't stunlock.

I'm 148 and have 1,477 MP, with only a level 7 MP Rune. And that's actually enough for 10 seconds in war and PvP/Pk. It isn't impossible to pause the combo bar while MF is in place and just avoid them. I noticed a difference in PvE when I got sixth sense. Just my experience. And in BM2 there is no combo

IGN: Angel

Ive practiced too much with nipperlugs in BI. I can pretty much do it. Now Im trying to apply it with real people in pk and it just gets more harder especially for those who fades excessively. But IT IS INDEED helpful with chasing enemies down.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast