Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No problem with Daikatana

Titanium

No problem with Daikatana

Copied from EU forums, credit goes to Zetsuro. I agree with this post and you guys should know this too.

Hey guys, I am just letting you know that it will NOT kill your stats if you decide to use a daikatana. In fact, it may be better in the end.

Okay, so, this is just based off of straight numbers, no bias in any ways. I have just heard that using a daikatana is detrimental to a WA's attack which is far from the truth.

First, we'll take a Mith GS+9 and a Mith DAI+9,
    (after +7 i believe it does not require any more points to use a gs or dai of a higher grade; GS and DAI+9 have same stat requirements for GS and DAI+15 for example.)

Next, look at the stats to use each.
    The GS needs 612 STR, 68 INT and 68 DEX
    The Dai needs 476 STR, 68 INT and 204 DEX

For a WA, a point in STR = 0.30 ATTACK, while a point in DEX = 0.20 ATTACK. INT = 0 so we don't count it.
    Some simple calculations;

GREATSWORD:
    612x0.30 = 183.6 ATTACK
    68x0.20 = 13.6 ATTACK
    +3 ATTACK for being a GS
    Total = 200.2 ATTACK - rounded to 200 attack

DAIKATANA:
    476x0.30 = 142.8 ATTACK
    204x0.20 = 40.8 ATTACK
    Total = 182.8 - rounded to 183 attack

As you can see, we find that the so called blasphemy to the WA class, the Daikatana, holds it own and only has 17 less attack than the Greatsword.

However, we all know that Daikatanas are much cheaper when it comes to price. I got myself a 52dmg Mith Dai (haven't +'d yet) for only 500kk (I PLAY FROM NA), while a GS of that sort would cost upwards of 1 Bil, if there were any even on the AH.

With the extra cash I'd save from buying a Dai instead of a GS, I could improve my other parts which would consequently be more effective than the 17 lost attack.

TL;DR - The GS only holds about 17 more attack than the DAI at the mithril grade. Give or take a few attack, the Dai costs much less and therefore it can be on par if not better in the end.

Thanks for reading...happy hunting :P

Osmium
    Using a daik over sig = waste if u ask me (unless u got bumba's ). GS will always be better stat wise since your stats transfer into NW, even if the difference is minor.

P.S. I use a daik

HP broke VRS stat ceiling again >.<

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boredom View Post
    Using a daik over sig = waste if u ask me (unless u got bumba's ). GS will always be better stat wise since your stats transfer into NW, even if the difference is minor.

P.S. I use a daik
    are you saying you got bumba's daik? :>

Osmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    o.O!!

P.S. I use a daik
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    o.O!!
    I don't think he has bumba's daik... He'd easily have over 1.3k attack. Then that 60 rate can only come from 14/80 red osm diak with 7/40 helm and rate in pet. But if he does have Bumba's diak then he has a rated and dmg RW3 along with a 15/24 helm.

Then the new bracelets can come into play so it's hard to say. But with a +15 forcy a WA should easily break 1.3k attack if he's 180+ np.
    Like MJ I'm a team player, so imma fuck her friends too.

Titanium
    Using a daik over sig = waste if u ask me. GS will always be better stat wise since your stats transfer into NW, even if the difference is minor.

P.S. I use a daik
    lol did you even read? he said that it will have a better atk, not by much, but its there

and anyways thats NW...which is a small % of the game. Between open world pking, pvp, pve, chaos arenas...it's not a waste. Besides, that money you save can go towards better things for NW anyways, like hp upgrades.

Osmium
    why would u want hp in war? resist rate and def scales so much better.

Titanium
    why would u want hp in war? resist rate and def scales so much better.
    it was just an example, sure, go for resist rate and def then. either way you slice it they beat out atk.

Shadow Titanium
    retards and future retards will pay attention to this thread.

17+3=20 attk, looks to me like a cape tier apart. stick with ur daik, i'll stick with gs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast