Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Freestyle PVP

both types of freestyle match requires strategy, theres just more freedom in pk than countdown duel.

when they allowed fade on cursor, i didnt think of freestyle as pro stuff anymore. back in the day, like that video of me and xi, we were among the few ones who could use fade to move in pk like a bawss... now almost everyone can.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Forcium
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    both types of freestyle match requires strategy, theres just more freedom in pk than countdown duel.

when they allowed fade on cursor, i didnt think of freestyle as pro stuff anymore. back in the day, like that video of me and xi, we were among the few ones who could use fade to move in pk like a bawss... now almost everyone can.
    yeah and my wiz was 100x better cause when people ran away they just used dash haha, so easy to catch up to them... also even if they could fade in the same direction, it would always be a bit crooked unlike now -- everyone can fade dash same direction in a straight line maximizing the distance

Banned
    so damn , theres no skill at show in this video ill make one for freestyle pvp or pk n post it . if u thats how u guys fight in mercury then u guys hardcore goddamn that was awful i dont know why i even watched it until 30 seconds of the time! O_O

Forcium
    reminiscing back on the past, i feel as though freestyle pvp has really gone downhill tbh. freestyle pvp nowadays, like that person on page 4 said, are really just gear fights in the end. if you're smart enough and know you can win against the other person in a standing pvp, it's easy to freestyle them cause you can just play super aggressive. however, this only shows how good your gear is. back in the day i used a noob lvl 139 wiz with stit/ osm gear and freestyle pvped the best - in this case was spur (who was way higher lvled and geared and extremely skilled at the time) a crap load. sure i might i have lost the majority of them, but that's the key word - "majority." this means that i won at least some and eventually got better in handling freestyle pvps against people way better geared than me. even if i still lose half of the pvps, it'll mean i won half of them against overgeared/lvled people.

at my current point in time of typing out this post, i'm going to admit that i've gotten extremely worse over the past year due to inactivity and playing with different classes. but, mostly due to playing different classes. when i started playing warrior, i first played it how i would play a wiz. i would get free hits in freestyle pvps, and force the other person to make mistakes - the usual wiz stuff. from doing this, i could beat anyone on merc with some effort. however as time went on, i started feeling over confident/ c0cky about the power of a wa. using my new mindset of not having to have much strategy and just facerolling my opponent, i became lazy. this is where my decline began. it wasn't "outsmart the opponent, get free hits, force them to make mistakes" anymore, it was "wait for them to start combo, then start my combo and just face combo them."

so then earlier today, i tried playing a wiz again. needless to say, i'm not even 1/3 of how good i was back then. but it's not only that, people are picking up on the aggressive play style that they can simply combo the other person down if they outgear the other person. sure freestyle pvp can be good since there's no z retarget, but nowadays it seems as if there's no deeper strategies involved.

tl;dr, i'm pretty bad at this game now due to actually using "good" gear. hope you enjoyed a part of my cabal life story

inb4nolife

EDIT: if u guys want my honest opinion, romp has gotten extremely good the past few months/ last year. i was actually disappointed how badly romp fought against dromar... but overall if romp practices a lot more he will probably be as good/ better than i was seeing as he would also have the stats i never had. the only problem is romp right now has no clue how to fight against better gear, which is a problem. even if u have the best gear for wiz, a lower geared wa or something will still win sometimes in terms of standing pvp. so i'm trying to teach romp that if he can pvp against better gear, he shouldn't even drop a loss against another person with the gear he has now (in other words minimal damage taken)

EDIT 2: honorable mention to distrox for also getting a lot better
    Last edited by Sprite; 06-14-2012 at 12:21 AM.

why the essay reply....

Forcium
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    why the essay reply....
    cause I can actually type something people can understand? refer to my sig bic boi

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    reminiscing back on the past, i feel as though freestyle pvp has really gone downhill tbh. freestyle pvp nowadays, like that person on page 4 said, are really just gear fights in the end. if you're smart enough and know you can win against the other person in a standing pvp, it's easy to freestyle them cause you can just play super aggressive. however, this only shows how good your gear is. back in the day i used a noob lvl 139 wiz with stit/ osm gear and freestyle pvped the best - in this case was spur (who was way higher lvled and geared and extremely skilled at the time) a crap load. sure i might i have lost the majority of them, but that's the key word - "majority." this means that i won at least some and eventually got better in handling freestyle pvps against people way better geared than me. even if i still lose half of the pvps, it'll mean i won half of them against overgeared/lvled people.

at my current point in time of typing out this post, i'm going to admit that i've gotten extremely worse over the past year due to inactivity and playing with different classes. but, mostly due to playing different classes. when i started playing warrior, i first played it how i would play a wiz. i would get free hits in freestyle pvps, and force the other person to make mistakes - the usual wiz stuff. from doing this, i could beat anyone on merc with some effort. however as time went on, i started feeling over confident/ c0cky about the power of a wa. using my new mindset of not having to have much strategy and just facerolling my opponent, i became lazy. this is where my decline began. it wasn't "outsmart the opponent, get free hits, force them to make mistakes" anymore, it was "wait for them to start combo, then start my combo and just face combo them." so then earlier today, i tried playing a wiz again. needless to say, i'm not even 1/3 of how good i was back then. but it's not only that, people are picking up on the aggressive play style that they can simply combo the other person down if they outgear the other person. sure freestyle pvp can be good since there's no z retarget, but nowadays it seems as if there's no deeper strategies involved.

tl;dr, i'm pretty bad at this game now due to actually using "good" gear. hope you enjoyed a part of my cabal life story

inb4nolife

EDIT: if u guys want my honest opinion, romp has gotten extremely good the past few months/ last year. i was actually disappointed how badly romp fought against dromar... but overall if romp practices a lot more he will probably be as good/ better than i was seeing as he would also have the stats i never had. the only problem is romp right now has no clue how to fight against better gear, which is a problem. even if u have the best gear for wiz, a lower geared wa or something will still win sometimes in terms of standing pvp. so i'm trying to teach romp that if he can pvp against better gear, he shouldn't even drop a loss against another person with the gear he has now (in other words minimal damage taken)

EDIT 2: honorable mention to distrox for also getting a lot better
    sorry for the double post but I have gotten better by trying different classes, cause when i just had wa I just tanked didnt fade or nothing just stood their, but sense i went to squishier classes like fb and fa i learned how to get free hits as you said instead of just siting their
    Last edited by jimbo; 06-14-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    It's not "good" gear dude. It's "super ownage over power" gear.

This is what I said about Han vs. the Korean FA in the FA section. Having super epic char is not always good.

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokijones1 View Post
    so damn , theres no skill at show in this video ill make one for freestyle pvp or pk n post it . if u thats how u guys fight in mercury then u guys hardcore goddamn that was awful i dont know why i even watched it until 30 seconds of the time! O_O
    you talk big for a noob. i wanna see you come to merc and talk after half the people there are done with you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash View Post
    you talk big for a noob. i wanna see you come to merc and talk after half the people there are done with you
    +1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast