Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Noob question about freestyling(FA).....

Smile Noob question about freestyling(FA).....

Uhhh so the other day in ch20 I was fighting an FB and when he tried to run away I attempted to chase him but I broke my combo(after 11) but I didn't know my auto-attack on so suddenly critical shot was used and the FB was "down'd" O.O it was my chance to use combo again and I dashed to him to finally kill him....at that moment I realized can't we just use the "knock back attribute" that FA has, to gain some range from other players?
    Since there are no mobs in BI town you can't really click on anything else to dash combo on except the player you are fighting with. Plus it's a pain to gain some range between you and him and It's annoying that they keep saying "eewww noob running away from me".

Anyways, my real question is....Is it really freestyling?
    Because your using your skills without combo first and trying to "down" the opponent first then finally gain range to dash to them and start killing them.

I've tried it it out on people who won't give me a chance to gain range and it works using that video Miavii posted in youtube "FA movement" while trying to down them. The opponent will have two choices.
    1) he/she will try to to chase you because they will think "I'm running away", and by the time they get up and dash to you, you will already be killing them.
    2) they will run to heal themselves for a bit, but that would be a mistake too because you will already be doing dash combo chasing them while killing them off running away to save themselves from the inevitable.

If your going to ask why don't you just dash+fade combo when their trying to run away, it's because I don't have a fast net to fade combo xP yet

Banned
    well what i'll tell u is something that will infuriate most sword classes but all you need to do is start combo and use a 11 range skill, then fade to the left or right and use your next highest range skill, fade to left or right, and so on. all while in one combo ofc. you will never get hit as long as your enemy's fk is on cool down

and as for the whole running away thing, try not to just hit and then move back every time your opponent gets near you, its wasted sp and time, the idea is to stay in one combo while fading to make them lose target and while doing as much dmg in the shortest amount of time possible

Oh that is old school. That dont work these days, well I guess it did when you tried since youve said it worked for you. It dont work anymore for me, well with the people that I play with these days. Nope it dont work nymore.

Before when I was young wild and free. I moved like Beethoven's music.

Now its different! :< lol but youre right on one thing. Use range dont give your enemy an opening to start combo. In freestyle you must move and act quick to be one step ahead and read the opponent before he reads you.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Thats freestyle for pk btw! no rules! youre free to do anything to kill ur target.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    Thats freestyle for pk btw! no rules! youre free to do anything to kill ur target.
    lol xD Thanks for clearing it up. The thing about that is, people always flame me for "running away" and I keep telling them it's channel 20, expect to be hit. Then they go on about whatever, but anyways I guess it only worked because the people I was fighting with probably weren't as pro as the people you fight with. lol I'm still learning soooo yea like my sig says.

by the way Miavii, Valdoroth says he never got to PvP you yet xD He wants a match before you quit.

Quote Originally Posted by SellMyChar View Post
    well what i'll tell u is something that will infuriate most sword classes but all you need to do is start combo and use a 11 range skill, then fade to the left or right and use your next highest range skill, fade to left or right, and so on. all while in one combo ofc. you will never get hit as long as your enemy's fk is on cool down

and as for the whole running away thing, try not to just hit and then move back every time your opponent gets near you, its wasted sp and time, the idea is to stay in one combo while fading to make them lose target and while doing as much dmg in the shortest amount of time possible
    I see....Thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    lol xD Thanks for clearing it up. The thing about that is, people always flame me for "running away" and I keep telling them it's channel 20, expect to be hit. Then they go on about whatever, but anyways I guess it only worked because the people I was fighting with probably weren't as pro as the people you fight with. lol I'm still learning soooo yea like my sig says.

by the way Miavii, Valdoroth says he never got to PvP you yet xD He wants a match before you quit.
    There will always be people who'd comment when you do that. But like what you said "it's channel 20", youre free to do w/e you want.