Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabal too hard on the beginners?

Banned

Cabal too hard on the beginners?

before you guys go "NO! cabal is so much easier!", i know, i know.. ive been playing since 2005. i know that the game's gotten so easy that its a joke compared to what the game first used to be...

one of my friend who i just got started on playing this game few months ago started complaining to me recently about how hard the game was. pve, no problem - it was when he hit nation war that he started talking about how ridiculously overpowered some of the players who created "twinks" were, and how he had really no chance.

thinking about it, i really cant help but seeing that he's pretty right. lots of the older players had the advantages of:
    1. high honor/crit rate resist (whiich they rightfully deserve)
    2. +15 sig gears, which the new players will never really have the chance to jump on until the next sig event/sgh release
    3. biggest kicker, no rol+2 - no matter how much he plays, a rol+2 will never drop for him, much less rol+3 because we all got them when they were char-binding craftable items

he's a level 164 now, and he doesnt really think the game is gonna be much fun for him unless he is forced to put insurmountable time to even be considered "able", much less competitive. i cant help see his point of view because even that 5% extra rate from rol+2 vs rol+1 is big towards end-game.

in the end, for people starting off from scratch with no friends to help will continuously get rolled until he/she buys USD is how my friend felt.

does he have a valid argument?

Banned
    it's pretty much true, but then anyone can just say, "it took me 5 years to get to where i am, time for you to start that 5 year journey"

it also depends on knowledge and skill. i spent 80m to gear a t2 wiz in 3 amp osm and can still place in the top 3 without using sp packs or trying very hard, and im not trying to brag but ya, it is possible to be good without alz. xi is another example of that.

i do agree with that. i'm a player from open beta times but i don't end game gear. i don't have rol2 or even a +7 eppy. but i know how to bring the best out of my char and i'm used to nation war. it all comes down to how experienced a player is when it comes down to nation war. even a new player with that type of gear would not do so well in nation war cause they don't really know how to bring the best out of their char. once he gets some more experience under his belt i'm sure he will do fine in nation war.

He has a valid argument however that's how many MMORPG's work, time and experience are huge parts of these types of games. As for the USD thing there are obviously going to be people that will go above and beyond to be the best or just want a short cut, either way there's nothing we can do about that. He is just going to need to put in the time to play the game and find ways to make a good profit(which often takes time and experience).

SIG Char bind gears are cheap and are just as good as event sig even if they are at +11.
    Box7 are dropping in price, Box3 slot is cheap and just as good as box6.(Bracelets damage difference are very low)
    2 Slot forcium weapons are like under 100mil.(Uchh are also like 1m to 1.3mil?)
    Earings have dropped in value so much getting a decent one is very easy.
    Eox7s are cheap these days if he's a magic class it should be very cheap for him.
    Most runes are cheap cept for Amp/HP Steal, hp is down to 60mil.
    Helmet and Rings are costly however you get 3 free rings. So be thankful.

That's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by ForumHavoc; 06-17-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    in most F2P there always is a make ur junk OP sale aka for this game is sig events

Wait for Cabal 2 to come out and start. Best advice ever!!!!111

Shadow Titanium
    cabal 2 seems like it'l be over hyped and then

like diablo 3

Banned
    ive actually watched him from the back as he was playing, and he's actually quite good about positioning, right skills to play, etc.

when he read this thread, he looked at me and said "i got all that, but i need at least 1 bil to get a char-binding sig amp gear. where the hell am i suppose to get that? selling upgrade cores that i farm from dungeons? yeah, maybe after two years i'll have a full amp sig which will probably be outdated by then."

tis hard to be a noob =b

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by plzbuffme View Post
    ive actually watched him from the back as he was playing, and he's actually quite good about positioning, right skills to play, etc.

when he read this thread, he looked at me and said "i got all that, but i need at least 1 bil to get a char-binding sig amp gear. where the hell am i suppose to get that? selling upgrade cores that i farm from dungeons? yeah, maybe after two years i'll have a full amp sig which will probably be outdated by then."

tis hard to be a noob =b
    I'm sorry, let us all swap back to nooby gear even though *some of us* spent years getting it. Cabal was so much harder when other people started to play, he has the benefits of easier dungeon running, bm3 earlier (in terms of getting it at 130 making dungeons easier at that lvl) and quests which are much better/give better rewards.

Titanium
    go solo ft1-ic1 if u can, they drop epics as well as cores which u can sell. Buy level booster and train in PI for map drops.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast