Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Basic Wizard Guide. (By Nana3B)

Exclamation Basic Wizard Guide. (By Nana3B)

Welcome to the world of Wizard!

Since most of the WI guide these days are pretty out of date and doesn't explain small detail, I'm making a new Basic WI guide. After this I will make a more detail guide on Stat Distribution and Skills on each Rank-Up stage. But hope this will help you gasp a basic idea of how to build a good WI base while spending the least amount of alz possible.

Here are some short terms I use regularly, so you better get used to it before reading this guide:
    Atk = Attack
    Magic = Magic Attack
    Crit = Critical
    Rate = Critical Rate
    Def = Defend
    Dmg = Damage
    M.Amp = Magic Amp
    S.Amp = Sword Amp

PvP = Player vs Player
    PK = Player kill
    PvE = Player vs Environment

Dps = Damage per second (It’s basically means the damage you do in 1 second)
    AoE = Area of Effect

Mobs = Monsters
    BM = Battle Mode

After this basic guide, I will make a very detail guide on skills upgrades and stat distribution up until lvl 100, full Trans skill. But right now I’m a little lazy…
    So here goes…

================================

Overall about WI:

1. Pros:

- High Base Magic, which makes them break opponent’s Def much better compare to FA.
    - Very high range attacks, only second to FA.
    - Good dps.
    - Good AoE like any sword class.
    - Travel speed is about 1.5 times more than other classes thanks to Blink.
    - Godly SP buff. Once you reach 150+, every other class wants to do dungeon with you.
    - The only class with perfect stun lock combo to farm mobs.

2. Cons:
    - Extremely low Def. Have lowest Def base in Cabal. Make them very fragile and easy to die, especially when going dungeon.
    - Extremely low HP. Have lowest HP base in Cabal
    - Not a solo class.
    - Require very skillful player to control Wizard in order to be pro.
    - Not much buffs to help in dungeon, unless you’re going with a FA.

That’s basically it. If you prefer to be left alone, can’t control speed, easily rage when you die a lot, then WI is NOT for you.

=========================
    The WI Formula

Many people mistake that getting good gears is the only thing to worry about. I’m here to tell you, it’s not. To make a good character from the very beginning and save a bunch of extra alz, this is the order of what to worry first and last about when making a new WI:

Stat Distribution > Skills > Upgrade Skills > Gears > Weapons > Accessories

This guide is made base on the order above. If you get this order right, you will lower your cost of making a WI by a lot!

Basically, this order means:
    Step 1: Distribute your Stat point to Int, Dex, Str by the right amount.
    Step 2: Buy and Level up the right Skills.
    Step 3: Buy the right Upgrade skills to maximize your base.
    Step 4: Buy gears to be able to survive mobs.
    Step 5: Buy weapons to higher your damages.
    Step 6: Buy accessories (rings, amulets,…) as booster to reach highest possible potential.

Here is why you should follow this order:
    - Each Int, Dex, Str point gain you a different point on Magic, Atk, Def, Def Rate, Atk Rate. Stat is extremely expensive to fix, and get a lot more expensive when you throw in random points. But once it’s fixed to the perfect stat, it can follow you forever.
    - Buying a new skill is expensive, but every time you downgrade a skill, also it costs you a lot of money. Getting the right level for the right skills will save you extra alz for your new gears!
    - At lower levels, Upgrade Skills give you a lot more than gear could gives you. Also getting the right skill save you a bunch of alz!
    - Gears, weapons, accessories will change as you level up. And to achieve your dream gears it will take a long journey, so take it slow.
    - You have to be able to survive before you can hit anything, and before you can hit hard, so Gears > Weapons > Accessories.

==============================
    Stat Distribution

Here is the Stat Converter Chart for WI. Remember every class has different Stat converter so you can't use this chart for other classes.

per stat----STR----DEX----INT
    Attack-----0.20---0.10----0.10
    Magic-----0.00----0.10----0.35
    Defense---0.125--0.125---0.075
    Atk Rate---0.40---1.75----0.40
    DefRate---0.15---1.00-----0.40

- The main stat of Wiz is Int. The more Int the more Magic it gives you. Dex and Str should be as low as your gears/weapon require.
    - At lvl 109, a perfect stat build for war to be able to wear Topaz Orbs and Osm gears is 57 Dex, 113 Str and the rest of points goes to Int.
    - Remember, at each skill rank up you have extra Dex, Int and Str, which means even if you add point right, your Stat will still be a lot off compare to perfect stat. A WI can never achieve perfect stat unless use Extract Potion (which are extremely expensive, so the less you have to use the better).
    - If you already fulfill the next Rank-up Stat Requirement (hit C on your key board to check out your char's info and Stat Requirement), then do NOT add anymore point on Dex or Str. Only add point to Int from then on.
    - Do NOT worry about not having enough Dex or Str for higher gear. When you reach 100+ and have all Skill Rank-up, your Dex and Str will be waaaaay too high already without you adding more to it.

==============================================
    Wizard Skills

I make this part assuming you’re at least lvl 100 and full Trans, which means you can buy all of the following skills. I will make a detail skill distribution by Rank-up Guide when I’m done with this guide… But for now:

1. Magic Skills

Here are the main skills and levels that I currently use on my wizzies:

Terra Lance (lvl 20)
    Aqua Lance (lvl 20)
    Fire Lance (lvl 20)
    Freezing Lance (lvl 20)
    Stone Cannon (lvl 20)
    Energy Field (lvl 9)
    Vacuum (lvl 20)
    Hail Storm (lvl 20)
    Arctic Field (lvl 20)
    Extreme Dual Cannon (lvl 12)
    Meteorite (lvl 12 on my t2 wiz, and lvl 18 on my 16x wix)
    Space Collapse (lvl 20)

Magic Skills explanation:
    - All of the cannons and lances has to be lvl 20. They has very low casting time and cool down time. In combo, if you put them in lower lvl, you wouldn't re-cast it anyway, so might as well max it out for highest dmg possible.
    - Artic Field, Hail Storm, Vaccuum are only used while you're in BM2, so max it to lvl 20 to bring out its full potential.
    - Energy Field has lowest casting time plus 5sec of stunning, but it has very bad dmg, so only leave it at lvl 9 for stun.
    - Space Collapse is only used for stun or as finisher in combo, so lvl it to 20 to max out the damage given.
    - For Extreme Dual Cannons and Meteorite, you have choices of lvl 12, 15, 18 or 20. Here's why:
    + When pvp, you usually kill an opponent in around 6-10 combos, which means you only going to run through those two skills once (assuming they have same lvl and gears with you). Many people would like to put it at 18 or 20 to have highest damage possible when you run through it.
    + I personally put them at 12 on my t2 wiz (warring tier 2, lvl 109), because on war I usually has to repeat those skills many time, which means I need cool down low enough to not break my combo. Also Meteorite is the best dps skill of wiz, so I want to be able to use it as much as possible.
    + In my 16x wiz, I pvp a little more, so I put Meteorite at lvl 18 for it to give out more damage. But please note that if you comboTera>Fire>Aqua>Stone>Extreme>Meteor, at the 2nd time when you repeat that combo, Meteorite won't be cooled down. You would have to skip it and wait until the 3rd circle to be able to use Meteorite again.

==> Skills Combos
    a. Pve stun lock:
    Energy Field
    Meteorite
    Space Collapse
    Extreme Dual Cannons
    Artic Field
    (put at end as a filler in case those previous skill don't cool down on time)

This stun lock series is good for 1 vs many mobs in order to stun/down them and steal HP. You don't need to combo while using those skills. Very bad in 1 vs 1 because it has bad dps (damage per second).

b. Pve combo vs boss: (This is optional. You can use PvP or PvE combo o for boss, doesn't matter)
    Meteorite
    Stone Cannon
    Terra Lance
    Fire Lance
    Aqua Lance
    Freezing Lance
    (as a filler in case this combo doesn't cool down on time)
    Extreme Dual Cannons
    Space Collapse

c. Pvp combo:
    Extreme Dual Cannons (use at first to raise your chance of stunning the opponent)
    Terra Lance
    Fire Lance
    Aqua Lance
    Freezing Lance
    Meteorite
    (could be use as finisher)
    Space Collapse (could be use as finisher)

d. War combo:
    Terra Lance
    Fire Lance
    Aqua Lance
    Freezing Lance
    Stone Cannon
    Extreme Dual Cannons
    Meteorite
    Space Collapse

I made this combo especially for my t2 wiz, because pvp combo even though is strong, but very easy to break, especially when you're clumsy and always have lag like me.

Usually I would throw a Space Collapse at first to stun. Also it hits around 2.5k dmg, so usually my opponent would start running away after seeing that. ^-^ Then I do a normal combo from Terra Lance to Meteorite and repeat until break.

Also I usually use this combo while pvp with FA or WI with either one of the last skills as finisher.

e. Bm2 skills:
    Pretty much all of those listed skill throw in together, starting with Energy Field, Space Collapse, Meteorite, Extreme Dual Cannons and then follow by all the skills you have left.

Do NOT throw any cannons into your BM2 tab. Cannons have very high knock-back and will throw mobs off of your range, which give you higher change of dying.

f. Bm3 combos:
    At lvl 130, you can start doing quests to get Bm3. For the first stage, it requires 40 Stain Clones (quest item), which you can receive by doing quest of Minestra Traning Cubes.

In Bm3, we have 2 normal attacks that I’ll call A and B, and Fatal attack in 3 stages.
    There are 3 combos in bm3, and here is a rough explanation on what you receive on each combo you make:

Amp Combo: A A B A
    Lose: -300HP, - 300MP
    Gain: 10% Magic Amp

Crit Combo: A B A A
    Lose: -4% Def
    Gain: 30% Crit

Debuff Combo: B A A B
    Lose: -400 HP
    Gain: -25% Resist Crit for your opponent.

Fatal attack is used to activate the effect for those combos. You can either use Fatal at the end of each combo, or choose a random 2 combos or stack 3 combos together before hitting a fatal.

For exaple you could do:
    Crit Combo = (A B A A) + Fatal
    and receive 30% Crit while losing 4% def

or

Crit Combo + Amp Combo = (A B A A) + (A A B A) + Fatal
    and receive 30% Crit + 10% Amp while losing 300 Hp, 300 Mp and 4% Def

Basically you can see
    30% Crit > -25% Opponent Resit Crit > 10% Amp
    Which means Crit Combo > Debuff Combo > Amp Combo

In war, however, Debuff Combo target the opponent, which mean whoever hitting the same opponent as you also hit harder by 25% Crit (Just like a debuff). Help your nation kill faster.

Note that:
    - Fatal has no effect on the combo. The only thing it does is to activate combos. So it doesn't matter which Fatal you use. However a Fatal on each higher stage deal more damage by itself.
    - You can stack up to 3 positive combo effects or 6 negative effects.
    - Each effect only last for 8 sec. You lose 1.2 sec for each A or B attack, which means a total of 4.8 sec per combo, plus 2.0 sec per Fatal.

I personally use:
    (Crit Combo + Fatal) (Amp Combo + Debuff Combo + Crit Combo + Fatal) Repeat.

2. Buff Skills:
    Hardness (lvl 20)
    Force Increse (lvl 20)
    High Regenation (lvl 20)
    Mass Restore (lvl 20)
    Spirit Intention (lvl 20)
    Resist Intention (lvl 9)
    Raise Spirit (lvl 20)
    Sharpness (lvl 20, This is an optional skill. It does not give WI any good, but sword class people really appreciate it. I have it anyway since I run a guild and do a lot of dungeons with other people)

3. Debuff Skill:
    Weaken (lvl 20, This is an optional skill. You don't need it, but it's good for dungeon run)

4. Warping Skills:
    Blink (lvl 9)
    Fade step (lvl 9)
    Dash (lvl 9)

Thanks to spamming those 3 skills, WI running speed is around 1.5 times faster than other class. It saves you a lot of times, as well as save you in war and pk.

5. Upgrade Skills:
    Vitality Mastery
    Defensive Sense
    Force Control
    Ruling Force
    Damage Absorbs

The last slot can be filled by one of these two:

Mana Mastery (only if you are a war farmer)
    Sixth Sense (Can be use for both war and PvE)

==========================================
    Gears, Weapons, Accesorries

1. War Wizard Gears:
    A war WI focus on Booster (such as Amp, Crit, Rate). Also the more Magic and HP the better.
    Gear and Weapon:
    - Amp in boot, hand and suit with HP in slot. Helm could be either Amp or Crit. Some WI also use rate Crit Rate in helm.
    - Amp/Crit and Crit rate in Orbs.
    - The higher HP, Amp, Crit, Rate the better.
    Accessories:
    - Amulet of Pain+? or Amulet of Battler+?
    - Three Ring of luck +1 and one Critical Ring+1 or higher
    - Two Bracelet of Sage+? (Earring depend on your lvl)
    - Bike or board
    - Bell of Damp+? or Bell of Prevent+?
    - Epaulet of Sage+?

2. Dungeon Wizard Gears:
    - A dungeon Wiz can focus on Booster (same thing as war gear), Defend, or become Hybrid.
    - Booster gear like war gives a lot more damage, help killing much faster, but gives very little Def. You die a lot more and it almost impossible to run some dungeons with this gear.
    - Def gear has very low attack and mostly impossible to win pvp or war.

Booster gear:
    - Exact same gear as war gear
    Def gear:
    - Aim for full Forcy helm, boots, suit, hand , the higher lvl the bettter.
    Hybrid:
    - Half forcy, half osm/stit amp.

Accessories:
    - Vampiric Amulet +?
    - Two Vampiric Earring+?
    - Two Bracelet of Sage +?
    - Three Ring of Luck+1 and one Force Absorb Ring+1 or higher
    - Belt of Defend or HP+? (I forgot the names)
    - Bike or Board
    - Epaulet of Sage+? or Epaulet of Guardian+?

Hope you enjoy this ^-^ Working on my detail guide on Stat and Skill.
    Last edited by Nana3B; 06-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Server Mercury
    Nana3B NanaRekca NanaNyaa BuNhi MaBuw XiuXiu

Dungeon wizards should focus on damage or vamp before def/hp. As you stated, wizards have the lowest hp/def of all classes, and even with full forci we can't reach the same defensive stats as the other classes. We will always be squishy, so the best way for a wizard to survive in dungeons is vamping. Also, since we are squishy, the best way to make ourselves useful (especially in party dungeons) is to do damage. We shouldn't really have to tank.

I already mention having vamp in dungeon's stuffs, and as you can see, it's not an option for gears, but in must have Accessories. Sorry if I didn't make this clear, but when I say gears, that only include Helm, Boots, Suit, and Gloves.

I also listed the option of wearing Amp for dungeon, however that remain as an option, not the only choice. I, myself, wear full Osm 7% Amp +9 +10 +11 for dungeon, but I'm making this guide assuming readers are newbie and they don't have the kind of alz to buy these gears. That's being said, there is no way these guy can survive with a lame Osm set. Compare with +6 junk osm, a +1 set of Forcy 1 slot would win any day. And with a non-fixed stat, they should have way more than enough Dex and Str to be able to wear Forcy.

Also, vamping is good, but it's not enough. With 1 vs 1 opponent, such as boss, vamp is out of the question. Running dungeon with newbies made me realize this: I rather have them be able to stand there and do some damage, rather than have they die after hitting once, and run all the way back (which most of the time they can't), which does almost no damage at all.

Again, like I said, this is a very basic WI build guide, which gives them the option to build a decent WI base without having to spend unneeded alz.

^-^
    Last edited by Nana3B; 06-23-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Server Mercury
    Nana3B NanaRekca NanaNyaa BuNhi MaBuw XiuXiu

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlymonkey View Post
    Dungeon wizards should focus on damage or vamp before def/hp. As you stated, wizards have the lowest hp/def of all classes, and even with full forci we can't reach the same defensive stats as the other classes. We will always be squishy, so the best way for a wizard to survive in dungeons is vamping. Also, since we are squishy, the best way to make ourselves useful (especially in party dungeons) is to do damage. We shouldn't really have to tank.
    AGREED

i myself use vamp with bosses

if you cant survive ..range bm2 works well

even then u might get agro

freezing lance = bad dps...terra fire aqua stone cano fire canon instead of terra fire aqua freezing stone canon...makes no sense

Forcium
    Quote Originally Posted by ankoun2232 View Post
    freezing lance = bad dps...terra fire aqua stone cano fire canon instead of terra fire aqua freezing stone canon...makes no sense
    lol you stupid? freezing lance is 9 range bro

Banned
    In combo, Freezing Lance is still more dps than Stone Cannon

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    lol you stupid? freezing lance is 9 range bro
    SO WHAT
    u use it when a fb roots u ...wow such good use

even at that..if you want it so bad delete crap like weakness sharpness and then get it

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    In combo, Freezing Lance is still more dps than Stone Cannon
    negative

Forcium
    SO WHAT
    u use it when a fb roots u ...wow such good use

even at that..if you want it so bad delete crap like weakness sharpness and then get it
    fb roots and darkness you and that's the only skill you'll be using

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast