Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower lvl skills & Upgrades Question

Lower lvl skills & Upgrades Question

Ok,I know what skills I need at Lvl 100,but could someone plz let lower lvl players know what skills & upgrades they should have or do?I just restarted my wiz and am truly stumped about what skills I should use & what skills I should upgrade.Plz help.

Hi Sky >"<

I was about to make a detailed guide for WI on skills and stat distribution later, but you asked a little too early so not sure if I can pull this off ._. But anyway, here is some basic things you should know:
    -The higher level a skill is, the more Skill Point it required to level up. Here is the chart of Skill Point require for each level:
    Lvl 1-9 : used 1 skill point per lvl
    Lvl 10-12 : used 2 skill point per lvl
    Lvl 13-15 : used 3 skill point per lvl
    Lvl 16-18 : used 5 skill point per lvl
    Lvl 19-20 : used 10 skill point per lvl

Which means, in order to max a skill, you need 58 Skill Points in total.
    - Your cool down time for each Magic Skill will change as you level it up. The fastest cool down time is at lvl 9.
    - Every time you level a skill up, it will cost more MP to activate it.
    - When you reach Transcender, you will have a total of 26 Skill Slots in Magic Tab, and 21 Skill Slots in Sword Tab.
    - Remember, quests also give you skill books, so does weaken dungeons, so don’t try to buy every skill right away or you will find yourself having 2 same skill books and end up throwing one away.

I was going to do how many slot added you get per Skill Rank-Up and how many point per Rank, but personally, I don’t remember… Which means, to fill it out, I would have to remake a totally new WI, which right now I don’t have time to. So if you find yourself getting short on slot or point then it’s my bad.

From level 1-100, it’s best for you to find a high level WI or FA (lvl 100+), and ask them for the following Buffs:

WI Buffs:
    Hardness (Strengthen Equipments) – Gives 29 Def
    Force Increase (Strengthen Spirit) – Gives 315 Hp and 315 Mp
    High Regeneration (Strengthen Body) – Gives 70 Hp auto restore every 2 sec

FA Buffs:
    Mana Condense (Strengthen Spirit) – Gives 29 Magic
    Precision (Strengthen Atk Skill) – Give 400 Atk Rate
    Vital Force (Strengthen Body) – Give 315 Hp
    Offensive Bless (Strengthen General Attack) – Gives 20 Magic, 20 Atk, 300 Atk Rate
    Repulsive Armor (Strengthen Equipments) – Gives 240 Def Rate

Remember that two skills with the same “Strengthen” cannot be used together until you’re lvl 140+
    If you have both FA and WI buff you, only get Hardness from WI, and get the rest of buffs from FA except for Repulsive Armor.

======================================

And here come your skills to get each time you reach a Skill Rank

Skill Rank: Novice (lvl 1-10)
    Burning Hand (Magic Skill) – This will be you Dummy Skilling skill later, which is why it will follow you until you’re max Transcender. Get it to lvl 9 and use it to hit for now. When you’re max Trans, delete this.

Freeze (Magic Skill)
    – Same as Burning Hand

Regeneration (Buff Skill) (Strengthen Body)
    – This skill will not do you any good once you reach lvl 50+ or so, but for now it helps a lot. Get it to max as fast as you can, and use it as much as you can, unless you have a high level buff from other people (lvl 4 is the max for it)

Fade Step (Warp Skill) – This is a Sword Warp Skill, which will go to your Sword Slots and doesn’t affect your Magic Slots. Get this to max 9 as quick as you can (lvl 9 is max for any Warp Skill), and leave it there until you’re at least lvl 30. At low level, using Warp Skill will eat up a lot of your MP and you will end up spending a lot of alz just for MP.

Skill Rank: Apprentice (lvl 10-30)
    Big Bomb (Magic Skill) – Get this because it’s your only AoE skill for now. Leave it at lvl 1 and delete it later on any time you need slot for other skills.

Dash (Warp Skill) - This is a Sword Warp Skill, which will go to your Sword Slots and doesn’t affect your Magic Slots. Get this to max 9 as quick as you can (lvl 9 is max for any Warp Skill), and leave it there until you’re at least lvl 30. At low level, using Warp Skill will eat up a lot of your MP and you will end up spending a lot of alz just for MP.

Skill Rank: Regular (lvl 30-40)
    Weaken (Debuff Skill) – This is an optional skill, which means you don’t have to have it. But it helps a lot in Dungeon and War so I have it anyway. Get it to lvl 20 if you decide to have it.

Tera Lance (Magic Skill) – Get this up to lvl 9 and use it right away. Forget about Big Bomb, Burning Hand and Freeze once you got this skill. You can level it up to 12, 15, 18, 20 anytime you feel like you need more damage, but my advice is not before you reach at least lvl 70.

Fire Lance (Magic Skill) – Same as Tera Lance

Aqua Lance (Magic Skill) – Same as Tera Lance

This leaves you Freezing Lance (Magic Skill) to add later on when you’re max Trans, lvl 100+. Max it to lvl 20 when you get it.

Skill Rank: Expert (lvl 40-50)
    Hardness (Buff Skill) (Strengthen Equipment) – This is the one of the two main buff of WI. Get it as fast as you can and level it up to max as quickly as you can.

Stone Cannon (Magic Skill) – Get this up to lvl 9 and use it right away. You can level it up to 12, 15, 18, 20 anytime you feel like you need more damage, but my advice is not before you reach at least lvl 70.

Skill Rank: A. Expert (lvl 50-60)

Energy Field (Magic Skill) – This will be the first of your stun lock combo. Get it to lvl 9 as fast as you can, and leave it at 9 forever for quick stun.

This leaves you Vacuum (Magic Skill) to get when you’re max Trans lvl 100+. Max it to lvl 20 when you get it.

Chain Explosion (Magic Skill) – This is an optional skill. It could stay in your skill later on depend if you have extra Slot and Point. You could get this skill now and leave it at lvl 1, it would be a big help for now.

Sharpness (Buff Skill) (Strengthen Weapon) – This is an optional skill. You could get this later on, when you have extra Slot and Point, not now. It doesn’t do WI any good, but you can use it to buff for sword class people.

Skill Rank: Master (lvl 60-70)
    Hail Storm (Magic Skill) – This is a must have skill for your Bm2. Get it to 9 for now, and when you’re 100+ max it to lvl 20.

Blink (Warp Skill) – Upgrade it to max and use it right away. Save you a bunch of time to travel, however will eat up a lot of your Mp.

Force Increase (Buff Skill) – This is the main buff for WI. Get it to lvl 20 as fast as you can and use it.

This leaves you Resist Intention (Buff Skill) (Strengthen Spirit) to get when you’re higher level. In fact, don’t bother about this skill until you’re level 140 and above.

Skill Rank: A.Master (lvl 70-80)
    Arctic Field (Magic Skill) – For me, this is a must have skill for Bm2, however, a lot of people leave it out. If you decide to get it, upgrade it to lvl 9, and later on when you’re full trans lvl 100+ then max it to lvl 20.

High Regeneration (Short Buff Skill) (Strengthen Body) – This buff doesn’t last long, but very useful. Get it to lvl 20 when you can.

Skill Rank: G.Master (lvl 80-90)
    Extreme Dual Cannon (Magic Skill) – One of the magic attack that you will use the most.

Spirit Intention (Party Buff Skill) (Strengthen General Attack) – This buff does nothing for dungeon, but extremely useful in war or pk. Also you cannot use this skill unless you’re in a party and your party member is within its range. My advice is don’t buy this until you are full Trans.

Skill Rank: Completer (lvl 90-100)
    Space Collapse (Magic Skill) – Get this right away and leave it at lvl 9 until you are max Trans. Then level it up to 20.

Mass Restore (Short Party Buff Skill) – This buff is very useful, but can’t be used unless you’re with and party member is in its range. Unless you go with party a lot, don’t get it until you’re full Trans.

Skill Rank: Transcender (lvl 100 and above)
    Meteorite (Magic Skill) – Get this right away. This is the best dps skill of WI. Get it to either 12, 15, 18, 20, it’s your choice.

Art of Force Control (Short Buff Skill)
    – Get this right away and max it out. This buff gives you a lot but it doesn’t last long.

Raise Spirit (Short Party Buff Skill) (Strengthen Attack Skill)
    – Here come your godly SP buff. Everyone want to party WI just because of this. Max it to 20 as fast as you can.

Now you’re full Trans, you could delete Burning Hand, Freeze, and Big Bomb, and then add the missing skills in. Your skills Slot should look something like this:

1. Magic Skills

Terra Lance (lvl 20)
    Aqua Lance (lvl 20)
    Fire Lance (lvl 20)
    Freezing Lance (lvl 20)
    Stone Cannon (lvl 20)
    Energy Field (lvl 9)
    Vacuum (lvl 20)
    Hail Storm (lvl 20)
    Arctic Field (lvl 20)
    Extreme Dual Cannon (lvl 12)
    Meteorite (lvl 12 on my t2 wiz, and lvl 18 on my 16x wix)
    Space Collapse (lvl 20)

2. Buff Skills:
    Hardness (lvl 20)
    Force Increse (lvl 20)
    High Regenation (lvl 20)
    Mass Restore (lvl 20)
    Spirit Intention (lvl 20)
    Resist Intention (lvl 9)
    Raise Spirit (lvl 20)
    Sharpness (lvl 20, This is an optional skill. It does not give WI any good, but sword class people really appreciate it. I have it anyway since I run a guild and do a lot of dungeons with other people)

3. Debuff Skill:
    Weaken (lvl 20, This is an optional skill. You don't need it, but it's good for dungeon run)

4. Warping Skills:
    Blink (lvl 9)
    Fade step (lvl 9)
    Dash (lvl 9)

5. Upgrade Skills:

Defensive Sense
    Vitality Mastery
    Force Control
    Ruling Force
    Damage Absorbs

The last slot can be filled by one of these two:

Sixth Sense (Can be use for both war and PvE)
    Mana Mastery (only if you are a war farmer)

The reason I didn't mention about Upgrade Skill earlier is because it's depend on your budget to get Upgrade Skills. If you don't have enough, don't worry about it yet. But you will have to fill them in eventually. The order above is the order of what you should get first to last in Upgrade Skills.

===============

Finally done T-T it takes longer than I thought but hope this help.

Read my Basic Wizard Guide here http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...e.-(By-Nana3B)
    Last edited by Nana3B; 06-24-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Server Mercury
    Nana3B NanaRekca NanaNyaa BuNhi MaBuw XiuXiu

Thx alot.That helps some but what should I do about Magic Arrow?Should I upgrade it or not?And do I get magic blast or magic lance?This is the spell I'm stumped on.Or should I go with fire arrow or any other arrows?Plz help with this.:>)

Do not get any of those skill. Did you not read the guide...

I already listed what to get every time you reach a new skill rank. All of those skills above that you see are the one you need. Forget about everything else.
    Last edited by Nana3B; 06-24-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    Server Mercury

SMH WHERE IS FIRE CANON AND AQUA CANON???

ur supposed to have terra lance, fire lance, aqua lance, stone canon, fire canon, aqua canon and lightning canon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if ur gonn get weaken dont bother with anything higher than level 9
    its mainly meant for mobing.

SC 20 TAKES WAY TO LONG TO COOL

WE DONT NEEED MANA MASTERY
    upgrade skills are 2 matk 1 hp 2 def and 1 def rate ....or 1 def 2 def rate.
    Last edited by ankoun2232; 06-25-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: blah

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ankoun2232 View Post

ur supposed to have terra lance, fire lance, aqua lance, stone canon, fire canon, aqua canon and lightning canon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With bm3, why even bother with bm2 cannons. Skill points are now better off for optimizing your combo than your bm2.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    With bm3, why even bother with bm2 cannons. Skill points are now better off for optimizing your combo than your bm2.
    it doesn't matter anyways, if u know what you're doing your combo and bm2 can both be at their max power. that nana3b or w/e doesnt really know what he/she is talking about, sorry

Forcium

who is this guy? he acts like he's the best wiz but i've never heard of him?
    this guy seems p bad

Ok,thx alot.Sorry for being a pain,but this is the 5th time I've tried a wizard.I usually wind up quitting,but I wanna keep this one.:>)Thx:>)

WE DONT NEEED MANA MASTERY
    upgrade skills are 2 matk 1 hp 2 def and 1 def rate ....or 1 def 2 def rate.
    Seriously, can you see what's listed as OPTIONAL?

Mana Mastery is really good for t3 war and lower, save yourself from getting Mana Freezed.

Weaken at lvl 9 does nothing. At 20 gives you -39 attack. Save you from getting 1 hit from boss. It also means that the opponent hit you at least 39 hp lower (80 or more if he crit and depend on his amp) Which means you save 400-1000hp or more after 10hit.

Why would you get lighting cannon? Casting time 2.3 sec, worse dps ever. You would never use it in any combo. Ever.

Space Collapse only meant to be finisher in PvP. It has very bad dps compare to Extreme Dual Cannon and Meteorite. And even at lvl 20, in your stun lock combo it's always cool on time. Leave it at lower lvl for what? less damage?

If you play WI you can see there are only 22/26 slot were filled in Magic Tab and that has counted Sharpness and Weaken. You can fill in whatever you want in there.

Quote Originally Posted by SellMyChar View Post
    it doesn't matter anyways, if u know what you're doing your combo and bm2 can both be at their max power. that nana3b or w/e doesnt really know what he/she is talking about, sorry
    I would like for you to enlighten me. You don't give any real guide or changes but just jump in and criticize out of no where. If you have something better to say I'm all ear, if not then don't come in. Thanks

You NEVER throw cannons into Bm2. It gives you knock back which throw your bunch of mobs scatter every where. Means you have less hp steal, less chance to stun and more likely to be killed.
    Last edited by Nana3B; 06-25-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    Server Mercury

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast