Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower lvl skills & Upgrades Question

I'm reposting this dps calculation which I already did for you at the other post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nana3B View Post
    Freezing Lance = 65% Amp. 131 Add Atk. 1.8s Casting Time.
    Fire Cannon = 85% Amp. 154 Add Atk. 2.0s Casting Time.

1,000 Magic, 50% Amp => Base Magic = 1,000 x (1 + 50%) = 1,500
    Freezing Lance dps = [1,500 x (1 + 65%) + 131] / 1.8 = 1447.78
    Fire Cannon dps = [1,500 x (1 + 85%) + 154]/2 = 1464.5

It's a 17 dps differences with mobs with a magic base of lvl 160+. With human, damage/4 which means it's only around 4-5 dps differences. In a combo, you have 0.2 sec faster to use your Finisher. Your finisher can handle even 100 damage, so that's just mean you kill your opponent faster.

[...]

I have Fire Cannon, I just end up never use it, so I don't include it in here. With mobs it knock-back and throw those mobs off and scatter everywhere. With PVP lances always win faster, if you lose, you lose, lances or cannon doesn't matter. In war you can usually kill an opponent on 11 combo, which mean fire cannon won't get repeated for it extra 17 dps anyway.

Now adding Aqua Cannon and Lighting Cannon dps:

Aqua Cannon = 85% Amp. 146 Add Atk. 2.0s Casting Time
    Lighting Cannon = 95% Amp. 190 Add Atk. 2.3s Casting Time.

Freezing Lance dps = [1,500 x (1 + 65%) + 131] / 1.8 = 1447.78

Aqua Cannon dps = [1,500 x (1 + 85%) + 146]/2 = 1460.5
    Fire Cannon dps = [1,500 x (1 + 85%) + 154]/2 = 1464.5
    Lighting Cannon dps = [1,500 x (1 + 95%) + 190]/2.3 = 1354.348

Lighting Cannon too low, out of question.

Again: It's a 17 dps differences between Freezing Lance and Fire Cannon with mobs with a magic base of lvl 160+. With human, damage/4 which means it's only around 4-5 dps differences. In a combo, you have 0.2 sec or more faster to use your Finisher. Your finisher can handle even 100 damage because usually there is no way to cast finisher at it full damage.

So that's mean you kill your opponent faster with Freezing Lance.

Who don't know what who is talking about? What?
    Last edited by Nana3B; 06-25-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Server Mercury
    Nana3B NanaRekca NanaNyaa BuNhi MaBuw XiuXiu

Banned
    i didnt take the time to read this whole thing but heres what i have to say

- weaken is useless
    - ice lance isnt useful unless there is some team of fb and fa where the fb roots while the fa ranges u, otherwise the other guy will inevitably end up in your face
    - you do need cannons in your bm2, if you can't anticipate the mobs moving back then you shouldn't be playing this game. and i don't see what you mean about not being able to vamp as much since lances generally won't hit more than 1 or 2 mobs anyways
    - stun lock is pointless unless you're trying to ic2 or something at like lvl 130
    - energy field only needs to be lvl 1, if you don't know why then I guess you shouldn't have made the guide
    - dig bomb can be deleted at lvl 40, freeze can be deleted at lvl 10, burning hand can be deleted at lvl 10 or maybe 20

thats all i remember, if i decide to spend an hour and read all this ill add more

Forcium
    Quote Originally Posted by SellMyChar View Post
    - weaken is useless
    - ice lance isnt useful unless there is some team of fb and fa where the fb roots while the fa ranges u, otherwise the other guy will inevitably end up in your face
    wow another baddie :|

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    wow another baddie :|
    enlighten me if you want, i am open to criticism

the way i see it, in a 1v1 in war by the time u cast weaken and then start combo (unless you cast in combo, which is a different story) you have lost enough hp to make up for the hp you save by using weaken, if that makes sense

and i honestly don't know why you would use ice lance, but like i said, i'm open to ideas

and on a side note, lightning cannon is in the top 4 best dps skills for bm2 so not having it is just stupid to me

- weaken is useless
    - you do need cannons in your bm2, if you can't anticipate the mobs moving back then you shouldn't be playing this game. and i don't see what you mean about not being able to vamp as much since lances generally won't hit more than 1 or 2 mobs anyways
    - stun lock is pointless unless you're trying to ic2 or something at like lvl 130
    - energy field only needs to be lvl 1, if you don't know why then I guess you shouldn't have made the guide
    - dig bomb can be deleted at lvl 40, freeze can be deleted at lvl 10, burning hand can be deleted at lvl 10 or maybe 20

thats all i remember, if i decide to spend an hour and read all this ill add more

You obviously didn't read any reply. That's why you still bring out such invalid points. And obviously from what I see, you don't play WI and look at WI from different class point of view. Most of your points are already replied with full explanation and example. I don't even know why you're still here.

Ofc weaken is useless to you cuz you play fb, and fb have all the coolest debuff, so why would you want your weaken on FB. Oh wait, but we're WI. Lengthen our life in anyway is totally worth it cuz we have bad def and Hp. And yet, you still can't read what is listed as Optional.

Read explanation about Freezing Lance again, and if you still can't understand then you shouldn't be here.

Lol Freeze and Burning hand deleted and you skill by what? Lances? or Space Collapse? So that you eat up 600mp pots every 30mi? Real smart move. If you don't play wi of course you can't see this. I don't even know why you're here.

Lighting Cannon, good dps, really?

Stun lock is pointless? Try going thru RS with y gears and cannon at lvl 75 and see if you can survive. Oh wait you're too rich, so you wouldn't know anyway.

Energy field only lvl 1, and what? Please explain.

Dig Bomb was said to be deleted whenever a person need space. Obviously you can't read.

=========================

I didn't want to be mean but I don't like the way you attack other people. And I shouldn't be here wasting time arguing, but I made this guide with good intention to help directing new player to the right path without making a big mess. But I guess such a big spender and ignorance person like you wouldn't know how bad it is to make a right char at the first time without any guidance. You just like to come in and mocking people for stuff that's obviously because of your lack of info. rofl

At least cabal still have nice people around. So full of jerks already.
    Server Mercury

- weaken is useless

You obviously didn't read any reply. That's why you still bring out such invalid points. And from what I see, you don't play WI and look at WI from different class point of view. Most of your points are already replied with full explanation and example. I don't even know why you're still here.

Ofc weaken is useless to you cuz you play fb, and fb have all the coolest debuff, so why would you want your weaken on FB. Oh wait, but we're WI. Lengthen our life in anyway is totally worth it cuz we have bad def and Hp. And yet, you still can't read what is listed as Optional.

Read explanation about Freezing Lance again, and if you still can't understand then you shouldn't be here.

Lol Freeze and Burning hand deleted and you skill by what? Lances? or Space Collapse? So that you eat up 600mp pots every 30mi? Real smart move. If you don't play wi of course you can't see this. I don't even know why you're here.

Lighting Cannon, good dps, really?

Knock back doesn't push all of them back all together, but scatter them all different direction. Another point saying you're not playing WI.

Stun lock is pointless? Try going thru RS with shiety gears and cannon at lvl 75 and see if you can survive. Oh wait you're too rich, so you wouldn't know anyway.

Energy field only lvl 1, and what? Please explain.

Dig Bomb was said to be deleted whenever a person need space. Obviously you can't read.

=========================

I didn't want to be mean but I don't like the way you attack other people. And I shouldn't be here wasting time arguing, but I made this guide with good intention to help directing new player to the right path without making a big mess. But I guess such a big spender and ignorance person like you wouldn't know how bad it is to make a right char at the first time without any guidance. You just like to come in and mocking people for stuff that's obviously because of your lack of info. rofl

At least cabal still have nice people around. So full of jerks already.
    Last edited by Nana3B; 06-26-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Server Mercury

Forcium
    enlighten me if you want, i am open to criticism

the way i see it, in a 1v1 in war by the time u cast weaken and then start combo (unless you cast in combo, which is a different story) you have lost enough hp to make up for the hp you save by using weaken, if that makes sense

and i honestly don't know why you would use ice lance, but like i said, i'm open to ideas

and on a side note, lightning cannon is in the top 4 best dps skills for bm2 so not having it is just stupid to me
    in a 1v1 u shouldnt even be losing as a wiz unless ur going against a fb thats in aura bm1/ bm3 -- and even if there was a fb like that ur first instinct should be to run away unless ur bad. in a 1v1 pk weaken will reduce their attack by 50 or some shiet which is the difference between a +15 weap and a +9 weap. so weaken will make it seem like their +15 is like +9 get it? you know how much of a difference that makes? freezing lance is useful in pk and freestyle as it has the longest range as well as makes a good harassing skill and you can still cast it while darknessed and rooted

if you can't comprehend still why those 2 skills are so important, you're more retarded than jimbo

Banned
    k i'll start by saying i didn't mean to come across like i did. i was just critiquing compared to the way i play wiz, and yes, i have played wiz for a long time and still have one in t2 for fun. just not playing one right now.

so

yes lightning cannons bm2 dps is very high because since all cast times are the same anyways all you need to do is look at the add att and amp

the way mobs are typically pushed back still leaves them within a good range to hit because of your aoe

when i was building my t2 wiz i wore the free mob gears at +0 with my only "good gears" being my pet and k-red and i was able to solo the buffalos with very minimal deaths (2 or 3 per run) until lvl 85 or so when it became easy. all you need is a cheap vamp ammy and some of the free hp steal from the bi mob and maybe a fr1 from the pl alchemist and its no problem

energy field being lvl 1 is used for dash/link/fade combo and thats it, its dps is low and isn't useful to me in any other way

and theres no point arguing when skills should be deleted because its up to the person i suppose.

thats all i have to critique, i'll accept your feedback with an open mind but this is how i play wiz and it works well for me

as for xi, i would rather use wind cannon as a 9 range skill since it can used in bm2 as well. that just makes more sense to me
    and i see your point about weaken, i have never had any space for it in my magic skills so i guess i never really tried or even payed much attention to it.

Forcium
    k
    as for xi, i would rather use wind cannon as a 9 range skill since it can used in bm2 as well. that just makes more sense to me
    and i see your point about weaken, i have never had any space for it in my magic skills so i guess i never really tried or even payed much attention to it.
    freezing lance is better dps in combo than wind cannon, and you can loop cannons and lances if you put it as the following below. but i can see where ur coming from with the wind cannon
    tera lance > fire lance > stone cannon > fire cannon > aqua lance > freezing lance is an infinite loop where you don't have to rotate with edc or meteor

Banned
    I like freezing lance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12