Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Balder assistance required

Exclamation Balder assistance required

Okay I'm a long time player first time decent Blader though and I'm having slight issue with my blader. I've tried war and pvp a couple times and I seem to just get roflstomped. The Force Archers and Force Bladers I seem to drop pretty decently even with bad combos, but Force Shielders give me more than a bit of trouble (without Shadow Shield or AoD), and Warriors? they 2-3 hit me no issue. I barely get them to half hp if I'm lucky.I haven't run into a Blader or Wizard in war or pvp yet so idk about my outcome there yet. Maybe my gear isn't as good as I'd hoped or maybe I'm using the wrong skills or combos. Any advice could help though.

(Edit) I'm Level 105

Gear:
    Osmium Martial Gloves Outrageous +6 (7%amp)
    Osmium Martial Boots Outrageous +5 (7%amp)
    Osmium Martial Suit Outrageous +6 (7%amp +50 hp)
    Osmium Martial Headpiece of Deathblow +5 (20% cdi 4% rate)
    Redosmium Katana of Deathblow +5 (20% cdi 3% rate)
    Redosmium Katana of Deathblow +6 (20% cdi 3% rate)
    EoF +6
    Board Card of Phantom Fera
    Rol +1
    Mergaheph ring
    Crit Ring +1
    Crit ring +1
    Ammy of pain +3 (max crit rate +4)

stats

No skills Selected
    40/54 rate
    101 cdi
    24 amp

Old Combo 1 (doesn't work anymore) Fk (9) -> Assault(20) -> Double Slash(20) -> VI (18) -> Impact Stab(20) -> Storm Grind(20) -> LS (9) -> Blade Scud(9)
    Combo 2 (Better than Combo 1) FK (9) -> Impact Stab(20) -> Death Tempest (9) -> Lightning slash (9) -> Double Slash(20) -> VI (18) -> Assault(20) -> Blade Scud(9)
    Combo 3 (What I used in War) Death Tempest (9) -> Lightning slash (9) -> Blade Scud(9) -> VI (18)

I know I need better bracelets I'm working on getting the alz and honor, and I don't know what to get for earrings or belt.
    Last edited by sessuro; 07-16-2012 at 04:41 AM.

RedOsmium
    Put force kick to level 18.

You need more rate, work on better gear and leveling overall.

Belt of damp for pvp/war, belt of rapid for pve.

Vamp earrings for pve, drosnins or force regen for pvp.
    My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tjxs?feature=mhee
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Banned
    assault is useless except for chasing

Would you suggest me getting more rate outta a better helm, ring or weapon? (also with skills like DT, BS, and LS my rate is 45-50/54)
    I can't wear drosnins til 130 so that's a ways off, I'll look into the force regen.
    Belt of damp it is ^^
    I'm waiting for friends to catch up to my lvl (taking forever) so I'm staying T2 until then so it limits my max potential a bit.
    Last edited by sessuro; 07-17-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plzbuffme View Post
    assault is useless except for chasing
    Back when I made my first blader a lvl 150 told me I should have it lvl 20 as filler and chase. I only used it back in ogp days now whenever i try to use long combos i tend to get my face wrecked.

RedOsmium
    I don't use assault, but if you want more dps skills it's going to be one to keep. The problem with using it as a chase skill is it has no down or stun on it, so when you hit someone with it they can just keep running and you lose more time while they gain more distance.

Quote Originally Posted by sessuro View Post
    Would you suggest me getting more rate outta a better helm, ring or weapon? (also with skills like DT, BS, and LS my rate is 45-50/54)
    I can't wear drosnins til 130 so that's a ways off, I'll look into the force regen.
    Belt of damp it is ^^
    I'm waiting for friends to catch up to my lvl (taking forever) so I'm staying T2 until then so it limits my max potential a bit.
    The more rate/max rate you can have the better, I suggest getting as much as you can over just about anything else. I would look for 8% rate 2 slot helm, or try to get a 15 rate 24 damage helm. Change your amulet to a +4/5, you don't need your max rate that high unless you can actually use it. Maybe use a ring of champion+1-5 or another ring of luck +1 over a crit ring +1 when you are in battle mode 2/3 to get the 5-7% you're missing on rings.

The people that are smashing you are probably just farming that war with the best possible gear for the level.
    Last edited by chainlock; 07-17-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tjxs?feature=mhee
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Forcium
    For balder's temple, I recommend getting crit rate scrolls for the last boss before the room goes completely dark. You need to full out dps the boss when he hits the 39% mark. Good luck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sessuro View Post
    Back when I made my first blader a lvl 150 told me I should have it lvl 20 as filler and chase. I only used it back in ogp days now whenever i try to use long combos i tend to get my face wrecked.
    cabal's changed a bit. for most part if its all about if you can land a crit on trans/completer/gmaster. dps-wise, assault is actually one of the lower dps moves for bladers and i think it was actually lower than lightning slash at lvl 9, lol. back in ogp days people used shorts, which made short skill much more ideal, hehe.

chasing doesnt really occur as much since storm grind and death tempest will occupy most battle time imo

Banned
    Death Tempest (9) -> Lightning slash (9) up to lv12 both VI lv20 and u combo is a sh1t xD so u need a better combo and more lv,rate,dmg,amp...... lol