Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Redosmium GS > Forcium GS? (Rare case)

Redosmium GS > Forcium GS? (Rare case)

So...

I have a Redosmium Deathblow +9 10%Rate, 40 CD GS and a recently buyed a Forcium +10 40 CD GS, the stats on the Forcium are pretty neat and hit better than the Redosmium, but i noted something: I miss a lot more, and also, i dont crit often like before (I reconfigured the char with the Forcium Sword, to make up for the lose of the 10% rate)

With Forcium: 48% Rate
    With Redosmium: 50% Rate

I dont get why my crit rate s s... and like i said before, the Forcium one tends to miss A LOT, why? It has more attack rate, should be better. In BM3, the Redosmium setup do more damage because the overall miss rate is lower than the Forcium setup.

Any explanation on this or it just really bad luck?

Thanks for the input!

bump?

...because in the overall scheme of things, cr takes precedence over attk rate, meaning, the algorithm of our skill calculates 'if u r gonna crit or not' first before 'if u r gonna miss or not.'

...and if u think the 2% rate doesn't make much of a difference, tell that among the wa's who are terribly mentally (lol, notice their low INT?) and rate-challenged!
    Last edited by Andrea; 07-19-2012 at 08:34 AM.

your rates are pretty much similar with your adjustments so you honestly should not be seeing a difference unless you are checking your numbers wrong. The fact that you are seeing a correlation between lower crit rate and more misses is correct though. crit rate directly translates to more "hits". Im not going to get into the mechanics behind it, but basically your crit rate is like a guaranteed hit rate since crits do not miss. crit rate synergizes with attack rate in determining how often you hit.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteFalcon View Post
    your rates are pretty much similar with your adjustments so you honestly should not be seeing a difference unless you are checking your numbers wrong. The fact that you are seeing a correlation between lower crit rate and more misses is correct though. crit rate directly translates to more "hits". Im not going to get into the mechanics behind it, but basically your crit rate is like a guaranteed hit rate since crits do not miss. crit rate synergizes with attack rate in determining how often you hit.
    I see, makes sense for the crits (Even i have 1% less now, my pet got a rate slot ). But the thing is non-crits: In bm3, the Redosmium hits more often, while the Forcium misses a lot more. I was even thinking getting Attack Rate rune leveled up for searching a solution :S

Thanks for your input!

Shadow Titanium
    Well hopefully you're not using the eye test to notice what's going on....if you really want to know the difference and whether it's as huge as you think, then you have to compare hit/miss ratio over the course of a couple thousand hits for each weapon. I only wish there was a way to dump the damage into a log file to make things easier to calculate (with the use of a program to parse and calculate the damage/DPS..etc). I will say this though, without even changing weapons, I notice (eye test) that I miss a lot more with 47 CR compared to when I have 53 CR....so I'm sure you do notice a difference when losing 10 CR.

However, a good rule of thumb for me is when swappnig weapons (any gear actually) you "SHOULD" adjust other peices of gear if possible to make up for what you're losing from the other weapon.

For example...when you know the forcy doesn't have 10 CR, I would look and see if I could swap out another gear with one that gives more CR whether it be rings, helm, board..without losing a lot of damage or making the damage too close to what the other weapon already gave me (sometimes it's just not useful to switch weapons when you have to adjust too much of your build).

Otherwise what I would do is find a Forcy with the same slots and bonus in the craft slots...that way, your upgrading your damage without losing anything else...so in your situation It means finding a forcy weapon with 10 CR (good luck with that lol).

Overall though, come some time next year, EST seems as though they will do a complete overhaul of the game (mechanics and all)...so keep that in mind before you spend the next few months grinding/spending millions on gear that may be obsolete come next spring (or whenever NA gets the update).
    Last edited by Davynelord; 07-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    However, a good rule of thumb for me is when swappnig weapons (any gear actually) you "SHOULD" adjust other peices of gear if possible to make up for what you're losing from the other weapon.
    Otherwise what I would do is find a Forcy with the same slots and bonus in the craft slots...that way, your upgrading your damage without losing anything else...so in your situation It means finding a forcy weapon with 10 CR (good luck with that lol).
    I know, thats why i say in my first post the stats with Forcium Build, and Redosmium build. Right now its only 1 rate loss (I change the 10% rate in Sword for 8% rate in Helm + 1% rate in Pet). What i dont understand is why the miss appears more often (Forget the crits, im talking about non crits now), if the Forcium has a huge plus of attack rate than the Redosmium. Is more noticeable in BM3. I know that BM3 dont have a attack rate boost, but with the redosmium it hit every time (Or maybe 2 or 4 miss in whole BM), with the Forcium one, 1 of every 4 hit are miss. Maybe is just bad luck. Maybe its my impression.

And yeah, the idea of recording a "Hit/Miss Log" would be awesome for calculations