Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Equipment and Warehouse Subpasswords - Ineffective

Equipment and Warehouse Subpasswords - Ineffective

(Like the idea? Suggest it at the help desk. Send it to the staff directly. ;o)

So, two quick stories:

1. I've been hacked before. I don't know how since I had "quit" the game, but I didn't have my sub-passwords set on my equipment and warehouse; then again, nor did I share my info at all.

2. I just finished (re)gearing my main character with non-character-binding equipment which allows me to resell when I get "perfect" gears, but a guildie noted that they're ripe for taking by hackers who could easily trade them

Then I came to a realization: the equipment and warehouse sub-passwords are simply ineffective.

Let's look at the account sub-password (A-Sub) which appears after selecting a character. It nearly always prompts for the password, and gives the option to "delay" the need to input the password again in the event that the player is sitting down to play for while. For the average player, setting this isn't too much of a hassle, and the argument to use it is reasonable as it protects everything.

Likewise, the argument for the equipment (E-Sub) and warehouse (W-Sub) sub-passwords is also appealing, especially in the case of hackers piercing into your account and characters, but are unable to take your valuable gears and stored alz. But many people I've talked to say they don't use it, and I can guess why.

The reason is because E-Sub and W-Sub don't use A-Sub's "auto-lock" feature. Every lock and unlock is completely manual, which means more busy work for the players. In my case, I don't like the idea that it is up to me to lock my warehouse and equipment every time I need to pull something or change equipment, or at the very least when I log in and out, when the game has proven to me it has the ability to auto-lock the entire account. To say the least, it's frustrating busy work which turns player off from using what could be a very useful system. In addition, it's prone to the player's neglect as they might forget to lock it now and again when logging out, potentially opening their items to theft.

Thus, I suggest the following:

- The E-Sub and W-Sub should be given the same "auto-lock" function as the A-Sub. If a player sets a password, then every time they first log into a character and change equipment or use the warehouse, they can enter the sub-password once to open it for a duration set when unlocking (1-3 hours). After this duration, logging into the character again will result in both being locked again, and prompting the sub-password 1 more time.

- The equipment sub-password, under this auto lock, should extend to include the entire inventory, not just equipped items. Many players carry multiple sets of equipment with them, and they too should be locked down first before being accessed. This way, every item a player owns is guarded by a sub-password.

These changes would not only make the system more complete, but would make it more convenient for players to use, more than likely prompting many more to use it.

ive had all these set before and you can still get hacked since when they get in they reset your sub pass which effects all 3 subs so the 2 in game are pretty much for show

If your too lazy to take the 5 sec to set it before you log that's your prob
    Personally I'd rather not have it auto lock
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids