Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Combo Usage?

Question Combo Usage?

I really need help understanding how Combo works.I think I get the gist of it,but then I see in the class sections what skills to be used in Combos and I can't figure out what they are talking about.Also,after I hit Combo the first time,do I hit it again or hit a skill?If someone could explain it to me,I'd really appreciate it.Usually I don't use Combo because I'm confused on how to use it.Ty for any help

When you start combo (1), a combo bar ui will pop up (3).
    You want to use a skill or press the combo key again when the bar is in between the two bars (3).
    Bad, Good, and Excellent are different (2):

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfeather62 View Post
    I really need help understanding how Combo works.I think I get the gist of it,but then I see in the class sections what skills to be used in Combos and I can't figure out what they are talking about.Also,after I hit Combo the first time,do I hit it again or hit a skill?If someone could explain it to me,I'd really appreciate it.Usually I don't use Combo because I'm confused on how to use it.Ty for any help
    You can continuously hit the combo button, and what'll happen is it'll use the skills in the order that they are on your skill bar. Or you can manually hit a skill and it'll just use the one that you hit.

What the people said above but i'll throw in some random useless knowledge.(maybe not useless?)
    Combo NEVER misses (long as you dont fail at pushing the skill at the right time) meaning someone with 95% evasion rate, you still hit them (Special occasions can make you miss, such as fighting the 1st fire boss in Hellfire lava cave when the minion is alive will cause you to miss even in combo)
    During combo, some skills occur faster than being normally used (meaning that when you use a skill that normally takes 4 seconds, like shield splinter, the cast time is really more like 3.4~3.5ish before the next skill can be casted in the combo bar. Memorizing the feel of when you can use the next skill comes naturally after countless use of the same skills.)
    People like to show off their combo ability by getting high combos. In reality it doesn't really do anything, only saves you some SP so you don't have to beat yourself up if you fail combo #12.
    I'm bored so I wrote this >_>
    Fear is an Illusion

Hey guys,thx for the help.I really appreciate it.I believe I understand a little better now.

In terms of "saving SP" for a higher combo, depending on your skill exp rate, determines how much SP you gain back (PVE only) so with only a combo of 8 or 9 sometimes you gain all the SP you spent to start combo, and additional sp gained afterwards, allowing you to never run out of SP essentially. Though premium with the 25%+ skill exp bonus does aid in this a bit i think. Not certain. I'll test it as soon as my premium runs out.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Premium states that "SP recovery speed up" meaning that the amount of SP regained from using skills is more than when you don't have Premium
    Fear is an Illusion