Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabal launching problems

Hybrid View

Cabal launching problems

Alright so i have installed Cabal, but theres 2 problems. The first one is launching the cabal starter with the play button, check file, etc, I click the Cabal Online shortcut on my desktop and the only thing that happens is the update.exe in my taskmanager which does nothing at all but waste my time. When i can get tot the launcher and click play, nothing happens, everything terminates. I have done port fowarding, DEP, exceptions in virus program, and windows trouble shooting. Trouble shooting tells me that Cabal is incompadable with my computer, Windows 7. There is no guide that has helped me so far.

Also tried reinstalling without firewall/antivirus, and Combofix. Nothing works.

Osmium
    http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...Happens-README.

This thread pretty much sums up everything i would tell u to do. But it sounds like you are missing files. If you can use your check files or just try another re-download and make sure NOTHING is blocking files from being downloaded. Or try a download in safe mode with networking. And in DEP make sure u got the updater.exe/cabamain.exe/cabal.exe in the exception list.
    Last edited by ROFLwiz; 08-09-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Doesnt work for me, tried cabal on a different computer and still doesnt work.

Cabal works fine on win7, and using clean boot from msconfig.exe selective start up with no 3rd party services running, only microsoft related ones would be a good way to diagnose 3rd party services conflicting with the execution of cabal, also if your client doesn't even launch after clicking play now does it show 100% on downloaded information before you click play now, so the connection to the launcher successfully does the little mini update without any errors or "please restart launcher" message?
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

I tried a clean startup and i get the same crap. I get the launcher but it just crashes cabalmain.exe when i press start, or update.exe just stays in my taskmanager when i click on cabal online on the desktop. If i troubleshoot cabal, it says that the program is incompatible. WerFault.exe pops up in my taskmanager telling me that cabalmain.exe crashed. I installed around 4 times with run as admin and virus/firewall off, and I should have no corrupt files.

Quote Originally Posted by Needfix View Post
    I tried a clean startup and i get the same crap. I get the launcher but it just crashes cabalmain.exe when i press start, or update.exe just stays in my taskmanager when i click on cabal online on the desktop. If i troubleshoot cabal, it says that the program is incompatible. WerFault.exe pops up in my taskmanager telling me that cabalmain.exe crashed. I installed around 4 times with run as admin and virus/firewall off, and I should have no corrupt files.
    I had one person experience this before as well, she was using hp laptop with a hp version of windows not a generic store bought version.

Thread links:
    http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...28Laptop-PC%29

Are you getting the same Exception code: 0xc0000005? It appeared to be BEX (buffer overflow exception) everytime she tried to launch the client on the hp laptop operating system. After messing around and troubleshooting I gave up, she rebooted and it was working 2-3 days later so not sure what happened there...

If you already elevated privileges on the executable of cabal, and launcher; aswell as turned DEP off for all non microsoft services, disable UAC, and clean booted, then I would partition another 30-40gb of space into a logical drive(dont need 2, just split some gb from the main partition) then install a fresh copy of your windows to that drive just to see for sure if there is any possible changes to that o/s your using that was made by other software/services or user settings. Generally speaking most people don't have problems with w7 and cabal, what are you using 32 or 64 bit? I keep a second copy of windows installed on logical drive just to test new install ect make sure nothing I have on my normal windows is conflicting, its pretty quick and sure way to troubleshoot without having to clean boot, ofc at start up you'll always have to select which w7 you want to load, but other then that its worth it to me.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 08-11-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

redownload cabal from the website again
    *Removed by GM* Troll on the loose

Still does not work, theres some problem with the program and my computer where cabal is not compatible, and every solution does not work for me.

Yeah I have a HP, and the other is HP, but is there a solution or I have to wait until cabal has a fix for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast