Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabal launching problems

Quote Originally Posted by Needfix View Post
    Yeah I have a HP, and the other is HP, but is there a solution or I have to wait until cabal has a fix for this?
    Run disk management and then select your primary drive [c:] usually, right click the drive your using currently, and "shrink" the volume by whatever size you wish, I would recommend 20gb or 20,480mb(secondary windows install, you will be prompted which to launch at computer start up, will not affect your other install as long as you pick the new drives letter when installing windows).

Next click on the black unallocated space/green free space and create a "new simple volume", if you could do this and successfully install windows from your hp disc into that new partition you could pretty easily figure out if its operating system related or 3rd party software related, if the client won't run still on the freshly installed hp o/s; I would assume that would be indicative of the other 2 people that I was assisting with hp laptop designed o/s and could not launch, just result in windows error report with buffer overflow exception.

I did teamviewer with them both, one was able to resume playing the other never came back to forums I don't think, we both ran through the checklist of options to configure the o/s and elevate privileges but we were unable to launch, after 2-3 days and a reboot she notified me that it was working all the sudden, so I'm assuming its possible that there is some change in o/s designed for hp only hardware that results in problems with launching cabal, but its a very generic assumption probably.

I would attempt the new install of operating system for just cabal, if it fails to launch still you could either do teamviewer with me, or submit helpdesk ticket with bug report file attached. It would be epic if you could also obtain a normal copy of windows 64bit or 32 bit whichever, and test if cabal will function without any problems your experiencing on the current hp o/s. I used to have dell back in 2001 that came with dell designed o/s of windows xp, it was a pain with unique problems that other xp versions didn't have, not to mention the limitation to dell only parts which never have exactly been top of the line products.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 08-13-2012 at 03:32 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Getting complicated, but I'll try it. I probably can get a normal copy somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Needfix View Post
    Getting complicated, but I'll try it. I probably can get a normal copy somewhere.

Na its not complicated you can google how to create a new partition if the above directions were bland, then just install a 2nd fresh copy to that, if problem persists you could try using a normal version and see if you can produce successful launch with normal non hp designed operating system.

Create new partiton of 20gb/20,400mb
    label/assign a letter to newly created partiton (E, F, G ect ect) that just you shrunk off the other main partition your using now
    select new drive partition as windows install destination using cdrom boot at start up
    when started with 2 versions, it will ask which operating system you wish to use; can always delete the fresh install one later if it doesn't give you any progress.

If problem persists even after install of new hp operating system copy, you can be pretty sure its not something your downloading/installing thats causing the problem, not sure if hp o/s come with pre-installed software like anti virus ect either.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 08-13-2012 at 04:46 AM.

All I need now is a non-hp verison of windows, I have the new volume, but I cant get it to 20gig, is 4 gig enough?

Don't think 4gb will be enough to dl cabal and install after installing new windows, id try to free up atleast 20 gb so you dont run outta space. You got unusually small hd or somet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12