Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Cabal launching problems

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Needfix View Post
    Yeah I have a HP, and the other is HP, but is there a solution or I have to wait until cabal has a fix for this?
    Run disk management and then select your primary drive [c:] usually, right click the drive your using currently, and "shrink" the volume by whatever size you wish, I would recommend 20gb or 20,480mb(secondary windows install, you will be prompted which to launch at computer start up, will not affect your other install as long as you pick the new drives letter when installing windows).

Next click on the black unallocated space/green free space and create a "new simple volume", if you could do this and successfully install windows from your hp disc into that new partition you could pretty easily figure out if its operating system related or 3rd party software related, if the client won't run still on the freshly installed hp o/s; I would assume that would be indicative of the other 2 people that I was assisting with hp laptop designed o/s and could not launch, just result in windows error report with buffer overflow exception.

I did teamviewer with them both, one was able to resume playing the other never came back to forums I don't think, we both ran through the checklist of options to configure the o/s and elevate privileges but we were unable to launch, after 2-3 days and a reboot she notified me that it was working all the sudden, so I'm assuming its possible that there is some change in o/s designed for hp only hardware that results in problems with launching cabal, but its a very generic assumption probably.

I would attempt the new install of operating system for just cabal, if it fails to launch still you could either do teamviewer with me, or submit helpdesk ticket with bug report file attached. It would be epic if you could also obtain a normal copy of windows 64bit or 32 bit whichever, and test if cabal will function without any problems your experiencing on the current hp o/s. I used to have dell back in 2001 that came with dell designed o/s of windows xp, it was a pain with unique problems that other xp versions didn't have, not to mention the limitation to dell only parts which never have exactly been top of the line products.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 08-13-2012 at 03:32 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan