Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: When taking a break/going on vacation...

RedOsmium

When taking a break/going on vacation...

K so when taking a break from cabal or going on vacation or anything that's gonna make u inactive and u want to keep ur gear/items/alz safe u can somehow have some sort of locker to give [GM] these for them to keep these for u till u come back and u can claim them with ur password u agreed with them to get ur items back so ur character would be naked because u gave [GM] ur gear/items/alz to hold for u so if u get hacked it doesnt matter cuz gms got all ur stuff safe for u. Sigh this is stupid >.> anyways just something I thought up.

wouldnt work because how can a GM hold thousands of people's items? even if they had a storage of some kind people would abuse and file complaints that they had stuff the GM didnt give back (aka lie about what they had) and who's to say a GM woulnt go corrupt (not saying they would) but they could have all your stuff transfered to another character on another account for it to be sold or used. also if you think you're gonna get hacked make better passwords and sub-passwords and place your items in the personal storage and put a password on that as well or even go further and leave your stuff equipped and lock the character item interchange with a sub password (i know you can lock it but i dont remember if you can actually put a sub on that, wasnt sure so said it anyway `-`)

your gears would be safe even if you are gone for along time .
    *Removed by GM* Troll on the loose

Banned
    Your locker is supposed to be your Storage. And you can set a password on it lol. So yeah... this kind of already exists.

sub passes are easily broken i learned the hard way

the acct you go on vacation mode could be locked down like ban and the only way to take it off vacation mode would be a secret pass through HD or say proof of identity before and after vaca mode?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmEvil View Post
    sub passes are easily broken i learned the hard way

the acct you go on vacation mode could be locked down like ban and the only way to take it off vacation mode would be a secret pass through HD or say proof of identity before and after vaca mode?
    what would proof of identity be? a security question? another password? "PROOF" of identity doesnt really exist on the internet

well there doing it now for those people who cant remember info to an acct when they reset everyones stuff think they ask for copy of your drivers license so they could get something like that and maybe a security question

Quote Originally Posted by IAmEvil View Post
    well there doing it now for those people who cant remember info to an acct when they reset everyones stuff think they ask for copy of your drivers license so they could get something like that and maybe a security question
    sure why not they can have a copy of my license, should i give them a copy of my birth certificate and my social security number too? theres no need for anything like that. no personal information such as that needs to be given out

inb4 server leak shiet gets stolen anyways.

proof of id is a very simple thing you do it at a store when buying liquor and the clerk asks for it people are such downers its like everyone seems to think everyones out to get them why so paranoid