Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Erl* gameguard error.

Shadow Titanium

Erl* gameguard error.

Hey, a friend of mine has this error currently, they were on fine 2 days ago, everything was working. The next day they go to jump on and find that they have the erl* error which comes up after they click Start on the launcher. The game does not even start, they just get the GG error and a list of the Erl* files and are asked if they wish to send an error report which they have also done countless times. As far as we are aware nothing has beenupdated or such on the computer, a AV has been installed and a virus scan has been done, nothing was found.

After reading through countless forums on this issue and trying just about everything shy of re-installing windows, they still have the same problem.

It is an older computer which is running xp (yes its old but their comp is currently awaiting a new PSU) and they cant re-install windows or upgrade it due to it not been their comp.

Can anyone help or no solutions at all?

what has been done:
    -Re-installed cabal
    -deleted and re-installed GG
    -closed down all processors possible
    -had no AV and firewall is disabled
    -deleted cabal through the registry as well as GG and re-installed after that
    -restarted several times doing these things.
    -has been given my GG files same error.
    May have missed somethings, not 100% sure if thats the full list.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Hey i had this problems too

I have "IOBit Malware Fighter" and that was what was giving me the error, Im not sure if your friend has this too. But try closing anything Maleware fighter and add cabal to the exceptions of your antivirus.

Hope this helps

Shadow Titanium
    They dont have a malware fighter installed and the AV has cabal in exceptions.

Is the computer connected to router or directly to modem?

Also run msconfig.exe, check selective start up, navigate to "services' tab in msconfig.exe, and Click "hide all microsoft services" then click disable all, click apply and restart. It wouldnt hurt checking the startup tab on msconfig.exe to make sure nothing else is starting that isn't relevant to running the core operating system or cabal.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Shadow Titanium
    directly into a router/modem. and they will give that a go and ill post the result. thanks snow.

Shadow Titanium
    what you suggested to do snow did not work, any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    what you suggested to do snow did not work, any other suggestions?
    Sorry, I'm not exactly clear on what your saying; The computer was connected directly into which? The modem would be direct hub to the internet, a router would be sending/receiving the data through a secondary device that allows more then one ethernet/usb connection at a time. (colleges, family internet 3-4 pcs+ ect)

The problem persists directly connected to cable/dsl modem with ethernet cord? Above you already completely uninstalled any anti virus as well? Its either a 3rd party service like anti virus, or a connection issue with closed port in a router. Try checking "advanced firewall" instead of normal firewall, check Private profile, Domain profile, and Public profile are disabled as well if there is no router supplying access for more then one/two pcs.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 08-13-2012 at 03:30 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

i got same problems as well..i already re-downloading gameguard/flushdns/clear cache/temp/prefetch folder/turn off firewall/anti-virus/install new fresh cabal.exe/whut else i left? still cant login cabal..gameguard seems being blocked by something...plz help me