Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutting Profits, Raising Cost!

Shadow Titanium

Cutting Profits, Raising Cost!

Why oh why does EST keep wrecking the game with each new update? What I mean is they keep making it harder to progress, advance or gain items and such.....for instance, they increase cost of materials to craft BM3 and at the same time cut the earnings you get from selling gear to NPC's to 1/10 of what we get now. If I understand right, that means when I use to get about 100k for selling a suit to NPC's, I'll only get 10k for it after the update. This is not good because the economy (at least in NA and on Venus) is screwed up already. I'm wondering when they do these updates if they even bother to assess how things are different in different servers and countries.

Are you kidding me? This game is becoming more and more of a joke in difficulty with every update.

Shadow Titanium
    yeah back in the day it was alot harder

Shadow Titanium
    I'm not talking about difficulty in playing the game (though it's boring when most of the game consist of nothing but grinding for everything)...but the way in which to make alz...more and more over the years EST is cutting into basic ways to make alz and either keep raising prices or adding new items that cost lots of alz into the game. I've been here since day one...I know exactly how hard it was in cabal back in the days...but alz wasn't as hard to come by like they are now. Back then, I only needed to put the time in to earn the alz...today, you can put the time in and still can't earn the alz because server population has dried up, which means less dungeon runs, less drops, higher prices due to less drops making the drops you do get more rare than they should be...etc.

Cutting selling price to NPCs down by 90% (unless I misunderstand the translation) was not something that needed to be done...what exactly was the reason such changes were approved and why do anyone think you need to give players longer dungeons, increased drops of junk items and less money back for selling those items.

Overall, this just makes it harder and harder to earn anything...for people like me, the NPC change will cut into my profits even more because I'm the type of player that keeps and sells everything that drops (unless I have no room to carry it all).
    Last edited by Davynelord; 08-12-2012 at 07:07 AM.

I laughed when you mentioned prices of aion end game pieces. You can't buy end game items in aion period.

Shadow Titanium
    Yeah I realized that....edit my post as most of it was irrelevant to my point...but in terms of aion, I was referring more to the point that the gear you need at certain LEVELs is buyable for a lot less compared to cabal...I didn't mean end-game as in final, thats it for the whole game....I meant in that gear is level locked so that if you don't plan to go past say level 40, you can buy top notch gears for level 40 and still be competitive...it all doesn't cost you an arm and a leg like in cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    Yeah I realized that....edit my post as most of it was irrelevant to my point...but in terms of aion, I was referring more to the point that the gear you need at certain LEVELs is buyable for a lot less compared to cabal...I didn't mean end-game as in final, thats it for the whole game....I meant in that gear is level locked so that if you don't plan to go past say level 40, you can buy top notch gears for level 40 and still be competitive...it all doesn't cost you an arm and a leg like in cabal.
    Once again, bad comparison. On Aion it if you want to stay at lvl 40 and get the best gear, that's practically impossible unless you have a higher level character to earn the funding for the twink.

Maybe its an attempt to stop bots from gold farming by reducing their efficiency at making alz through npc's.
    Or theres too much alz circulating through the market and the developers decided to limit the amount of alz gained by NPC'ing stuff.
    Or they're just making our life difficult.
    Who knows
    Fear is an Illusion

Titanium
    why would any company make their game easy when they're not making profit? that's why there's item shop to help u stay "legit" n by consuming real usd off their customers hands they fasten their new patches to make things interesting btw ur lucky to even log in to the game n play for free "its a privilege not a right" im not against u nor with u, its just a fact that they dont care

Banned
    to be on the fair side people been complaining about economy being messed up ever since cabal was first open lol

but i do remember the good old days when LiD used to drop osmium drops and one quick run would net about 5mil....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast