Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NA Cabal: Why is the worst of the 3?

i have been playing since Open beta and only got one drop thats even worth saying. Osm martial gloves with s.amp. thats it. GG NA your drops are epicI love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ness.

Name After Merge xAshes
    Venus---Blader---Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by vicious43774
    Americans are lazy sobs, cunts and retards. That's why.
    Racist much? Can't even quote your name without being filtered.

Quote Originally Posted by EterNity View Post
    The drop rate sux for Cabal EU, too. It is NOT the reason why people quit.

The high population is the key to counter-balance the low drop rate.

As Cabal lost more and more players, it made the situation worse.

These are the reasons why people quit in my opinion...

1. Lack of contacts. The period between each update is too far apart.
    2. Alz ripping about years ago.
    3. The large amount of bot/hacker.
    4. Poor management of the old hosting company.
    /Agreed

Cabal [at one time] had one helluva large community full of crafters, dungeon farmers, and avid pvp'rs.

OGP killed the game, period.

1.Lack of account security, as your account name was your forum name which showed in member list regardless of whether or not you ever posted in the forums.
    2. GM's were present in the beginning, but by the end you never saw them.
    3. Rampant botting, high level players getting caught botting [fraps] but not being banned because they were cash shop hoes [hours worth of fraps on Sherminator who even ADMITTED it but wasn't banned.]
    4. Every other day half of the server was locked out of game for 48 hours due to hackers trying to guess passwords, as they already knew account login from forum.
    5. No fee for putting items on auction till after you sell it, so prices on everything got screwy once no one was in a hurry to sell anything anymore.
    6. Half the server eventually logged in to find everything on their account that wasn't bound was gone. OGP laughed at you if you asked for assistance cause their account security was crap.
    7. Prices on cash shop items were [and still are] completely outrageous. Most games only charge between 150 to 400 CS coins for a TEMPORARY costume. $13.00 for a temp and 30.00 for a perm? wtf?!?

OGP dropped the ball once they had squeezed as much $$ out of it as they could with the least amount of effort, EST is trying to salvage NA Cabal after OGP already lost 75% of the fan base.

I am coming back after a 2 year vacation from Cabal. I will say I like most of the changes, the increased account security, and the separate forum/account names. Sad to see the community and player base in shambles tho.
    Last edited by Raveiyn; 05-18-2010 at 01:23 AM.

idc about drop rate being low or upgrade rate being low. atleast this makes people play their chars w/ skills not w/ gears.

Dont forget the alz glitch inflating the economy to near double the prices. We are just now seeing the prices slowly coming back down.
    As for the botters. Without an NPC to provide and regulate crafting materials these are actually quite useful at stimulating the economy by doing the endless grinding players shouldn't have to do. True that is where a good portion of internet alz buying is supplied from but they did fill a crutial void in the crafting market by suppling cheap abundant materials.
    If they are going to push anti zombots then they should put in daily " merchant " quests or some sort of materials NPC to stablize the economy and promote crafting.
    ATM your lucky if you can find a crafter who will turn over a PC for a decent price if they are willing to turn it over at all.

Most of what left of the community are just plain greedy, More worried about making alz/gear for bragging rights and do nothing with it then making an effort to improve gear/player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveiyn View Post
    Racist much? Can't even quote your name without being filtered.

/Agreed

Cabal [at one time] had one helluva large community full of crafters, dungeon farmers, and avid pvp'rs.

OGP killed the game, period.

1.Lack of account security, as your account name was your forum name which showed in member list regardless of whether or not you ever posted in the forums.
    2. GM's were present in the beginning, but by the end you never saw them.
    3. Rampant botting, high level players getting caught botting [fraps] but not being banned because they were cash shop hoes [hours worth of fraps on Sherminator who even ADMITTED it but wasn't banned.]
    4. Every other day half of the server was locked out of game for 48 hours due to hackers trying to guess passwords, as they already knew account login from forum.
    5. No fee for putting items on auction till after you sell it, so prices on everything got screwy once no one was in a hurry to sell anything anymore.
    6. Half the server eventually logged in to find everything on their account that wasn't bound was gone. OGP laughed at you if you asked for assistance cause their account security was crap.
    7. Prices on cash shop items were [and still are] completely outrageous. Most games only charge between 150 to 400 CS coins for a TEMPORARY costume. $13.00 for a temp and 30.00 for a perm? wtf?!?

OGP dropped the ball once they had squeezed as much $$ out of it as they could with the least amount of effort, EST is trying to salvage NA Cabal after OGP already lost 75% of the fan base.

I am coming back after a 2 year vacation from Cabal. I will say I like most of the changes, the increased account security, and the separate forum/account names. Sad to see the community and player base in shambles tho.
    i agree entirely with this. however the low drop rate and upgrade rate is indeeed a factor on wich y na isnt as "good" as the others. in eu and kor more people have better stuff so its wayy more mopetitive. in na however some people play for years and dont ever get a good drop. i think the drp rate system should increase the more dungeons u do. Instances in wich poeple do 100 runs and not get anything good while others do 1 and they get an epic drop are just ridiculus. look at games like Wow one of the reasons there succesfull is because when dungeons are ran epic items are on some dungeons guaranteed. This means their efforts to do the dungeon will b paid off in cabal sadly its is no guarantee you will get anything epic. The imensece dependance on jut plain luck makes this one of the most frustrating mmos out there. i belive that effort should b rewarded becaue effort leads more directly to skill then luck. aside popular belife luck does in not mean skill no matter the circumstances.

<DivineGuardians>

Banned
    The drop rate is just fine,if you don't like it then use prem or a bb+ or both,as for the upgrading system,i'd like to see less upgrade cores dropping with lower success rates but no penalty when you fail at any + level,especially +7, because failing +7 is just crappy no matter how long you've been playing and then ppl stop playing for a couple of days.....sometimes weeks and months.....then a huge downward spiral begins,the accumulated e-rage of 1000 players creates an aura of pure negative energy disrupting the very fabric of space and time,cats start sleeping with dogs,up becomes down and all your pocket change falls out,the zombie apocalypse infests the planet,the sun goes supernova 1000's of years ahead of predictions.....and why?

It all started with cabal online's upgrading system,be forewarned EST,it's a dangerous game you play
    Last edited by Rastan; 05-18-2010 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastan View Post
    The drop rate is just fine,if you don't like it then use prem or a bb+ or both,as for the upgrading system,i'd like to see less upgrade cores dropping with lower success rates but no penalty when you fail at any + level,especially +7, because failing +7 is just crappy no matter how long you've been playing and then ppl stop playing for a couple of days.....sometimes weeks and months.....then a huge downward spiral begins,the accumulated e-rage of 1000 players creates an aura of pure negative energy disrupting the very fabric of space and time,cats start sleeping with dogs,up becomes down and all your pocket change falls out,the zombie apocalypse infests the planet,the sun goes supernova 1000's of years ahead of predictions.....and why?

It all started with cabal online's upgrading system,be forewarned EST,it's a dangerous game you play
    let me use a theoretical instance. lets say derk bike drop chance is .001% uhh premmy adds 25% lets c 25% of .001% is around.0005% so premmy makes it .0015% =O now a bike HAS to drop. the upgradeing system is more balanced than the drop rate system as even with premmy drop rates still epic fail. I know this suggestion might get flamed but here goes. the bike is really a very insignificant item it gives 40 deff max or something near there its worth alot cause its rare. how about the 170 rank up gives it to you as a reward for achieveing the end game lvl i really dont thing itll b that big of a deal if its like that. Things like this are what we need we need certanty not luck an other example could b seh per every 50 derks.

<DivineGuardians>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineExorcist View Post
    let me use a theoretical instance. lets say derk bike drop chance is .001% uhh premmy adds 25% lets c 25% of .001% is around.0005% so premmy makes it .0015% =O now a bike HAS to drop. the upgradeing system is more balanced than the drop rate system as even with premmy drop rates still epic fail. I know this suggestion might get flamed but here goes. the bike is really a very insignificant item it gives 40 deff max or something near there its worth alot cause its rare. how about the 170 rank up gives it to you as a reward for achieveing the end game lvl i really dont thing itll b that big of a deal if its like that. Things like this are what we need we need certanty not luck an other example could b seh per every 50 derks.
    certainty.....if there was certainty then there wouldn't be any surprises,if you knew for a fact that after you killed x amount of derks knowing that on x kill that you were getting an seh,then you would never get into LS cuz guilds would start putting channels on lockdown in an attempt to control the market,i like not knowing what i'm gonna get from a dungeon run or hunting expedition,it's like baseball,it's all about anticipation

And i think your confusing drop rate with drop quality,the rate at which a random item drops from a mob is just fine,just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to pick it up,now quality of drops....well,if everything that dropped was epic pc crap then nothing would be rare and have no value......oh wait,aren't they doing that with the new weak dungeons?......anyways,drop rate is fine,drop quality,not so much....and don't hate on premium bb+ drop bonus,i like having random stuff dropping from mobs
    Last edited by Rastan; 05-18-2010 at 04:19 AM.

hmm i c see were you comeing from. but the lock down of the derk is already going on becasue of the new warp guilds can easily time lock the derk. im my opinion theres no way you can even lock down the ch. i want to completely understand you though. so explain to me how is doing 300 lids and getting nothing worth more then 400k just fine. oh yea and explain to me the fairness of so many people spamming troglo and getting notheing while one person went 10 times and got 6 crit+2. in my opinon corect me if im wrong better drop rates = balance in economy =balance of power= better quality of gameplay. if you enjoy a game in which lets say 20-60 extremely lucky people control the economy most likely youre one of the 20-60 people. the other thousands or even million others do not.the upgradeing system is a choice you make to make your gear better so imo its not a problem since =6 is very achieveable it is youre choice if you wanna +7-12 so i call it an ivesment and sometimes they dont pay off
    Last edited by DivineExorcist; 05-18-2010 at 04:32 AM.

<DivineGuardians>

Quote Originally Posted by Rastan View Post
    certainty.....if there was certainty then there wouldn't be any surprises,if you knew for a fact that after you killed x amount of derks knowing that on x kill that you were getting an seh,then you would never get into LS cuz guilds would start putting channels on lockdown in an attempt to control the market,i like not knowing what i'm gonna get from a dungeon run or hunting expedition,it's like baseball,it's all about anticipation

And i think your confusing drop rate with drop quality,the rate at which a random item drops from a mob is just fine,just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to pick it up,now quality of drops....well,if everything that dropped was epic pc crap then nothing would be rare and have no value......oh wait,aren't they doing that with the new weak dungeons?......anyways,drop rate is fine,drop quality,not so much....and don't hate on premium bb+ drop bonus,i like having random stuff dropping from mobs
    Ya those new Dungeons are bull I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ All these new Fa's running around with 40/7 Phery orbs and martial set up wtf?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast