Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Been a week since update

Been a week since update

Lists YOUR pro's and con's about update.

Pro's: Lots more "requests" for basic crafting. Able to craft disc's instead of having to farm them. Formula Cards gave alz back to the people. CR2/RoL2 prices dropped on a drastic level. Able to make money off small amounts of crafting (Don't need to be at high lvl's of crafting to profit from it) Don't have to craft a "proof" item to level craftingUnbinding stones are a cool addition. CRAFTING DUNGEONS WOO! (I love this idea, all those random items I had sitting on a mule went to use)

Cons: No official patch notes. Had to use external sources like Mr.WormyPress or w/e it was to learn about update. (Though he did do a good job) Energy s, but I guess its required. Update heavily favors 180+ characters (My own personal Con because of my Laziness in leveling -.-) Compared to other countries Cabal Updates, we missed out on Perfect core requests, along with unbinding stone requests.

I'll edit if I figure out more.
    Gogo?
    Fear is an Illusion

Crafting is broken.

Banned
    coin lotto = useless. u pay 100k each npc item needed and example, need 4 to open mf lotto, lotto gives u 400k... so u paid 400k to make 400k...and they could fail. same goes for pi lottos etc.

basic craft was killed with raising it from needing 100% to lvl up, to 1000% to lvl up with limited crafting choices.
    there will never be a new player that goes from lvl 1 basic to lvl 8 again.

yay no proofs...but the cost of upping ur lvl is kinda high. use to cost 10k for formula cards in npc, now those same lvl 1 2 3s r 10mil+ to up lvl. all proofs were reasonably priced b4 except proof +3. did u see new prices on upping? llv 7 is like 150mil etc. formula card proof for it use to be like 10mil.

new crafters start at 999 ammity and have to pay 10mil to up it, and they get no extra energy for it or anything. wats their incentive?
    Last edited by cronic21; 08-23-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Osmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    Crafting is broken.
    ^ what he said.

HP broke VRS stat ceiling again >.<

Forcium
    Quote Originally Posted by cronic21 View Post

new crafters start at 999 ammity and have to pay 10mil to up it, and they get no extra energy for it or anything. wats their incentive?
    more crafting points = less energy spent per craft

/shuffle

Just remove energy system and crafting will be decent. I honestly think Master craft is pointless if it's going to take a year to get past level 1 craft in it basically.

Also hate they lowered NPC value of items, but I understand the point of wanting people to extract for crafting. Just astral cores are pointless because hardly anyone is going to use them.

Best thing is able to buy stain clones, craft dungeon entries, and chloe tokens to use instead of paying alz to register.

Shadow Titanium
    Pro: ROL+2s/CR+2s dropping in value, AOP+6 dropping as well (most likely in time), with ROF+10s/ROS+10s

Con: Even with this crafting situation, i'm still bored of cabal. WTB> 10 new dungeons with 15 new maps/locations plx.

*PEWPEW*

add new buffs and skill plz =)

Shadow Titanium
    Pro's....nothing

Con's...nothing

I did not gain much of anything fun or interesting from this update...crafting is terrible and more expensive than before....so I"m not crafting anymore. I'm not 180, so AT is long away....So what's left? Same ole stuff I was doing before the update...WAR (although less often now) and dungeon runs....that's it.

I will say that crafting energy either needs to be removed or have a bigger energy pool...if you keep the energy pool, then I think the higher level you get in crafting, your energy pool should double each level not just get 100 extra energy or whatever it is....and I was wrong before, seems like you regen 5 energy back every minute which equals 300 energy regen per hour....are you serious?...a little over 4 hours to regen all my crafting energy back when it's spent in 2 minutes or less....oh and so what if crafting cost less energy with higher amity, it's still too high energy cost to craft or energy is not high enough. With the higher number of fail craft attempts (meaning you get ZERO return but spend hundreds of millions for 1 craft attempt), this crafting system is worse than gear upgrading system...it's a bigger money sink than any other game I've ever played the last 10 years.

Basically if your not filthy rich, your not gonna craft much and that which you can craft is soon gonna be sold so cheap on AH that you won't be able to make money on crafing unless you get super lucky....For instance, the crafting is so screwed up and expesnive, they have it where you need to pay 1 billion + a bunch of chloe tokens (gotta wait and do daily quest) to unlock craft for slot extender medium....that doesn't include the cost of crafting slot extender small (an ingrediant for SLM's)....but wait, go look in AH and SLM's are going for about 150m each (last I checked anyway) and there where quit a few for sale, not like it was just one or two....so even though that 1 billion cost is a one time thing, it's ridiculous that you have to pay 1 billion+ (nearly 2 billion for SLH) to craft an item that sells for a lot cheaper (roughly sells for 85% less than it cost to craft it)....if EST has somehow lowered the drop rate of slot extenders at all, then soon they will all rise in price on AH as well because of the cost to make them.

This is just one example of how the craft system fails hard...It seems with each update, EST increases the cost of doing everything while slowly lower the opportunity to make alz at a decent rate....if your not a hardcore 30+ hour a week player, you'll never anything out of playing cabal unless you get lucky...like winning the 300m lottery type of lucky....and we know how 99% of us never wins the lottery.

So yeah it's nice you can craft a lot of stuff now instead of farm it from mobs...but the total crafting system as a whole gets a big FAT F....it's fails and has done nothing to make the game better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast