Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Cabalian help desk #2

Cabalian help desk #2

Hi thar. If the help desk is not quick enough, or you have a question that does not pertain to technical support but rather has something to do with cabal, i'll be free to answer it to the best of my ability. I check the forums randomly often enough that I think I can answer some nooby questions and/or other questions. If I cannot answer the question but someone else can, feel free toooooooo.....
    I do not troll people so if you have a serious question I will try my best to answer.
    Questions can be like...
    "Help, I'm stuck at the table part in IC1, what do I do?"
    or..
    "Whats better to use, CR2 or RoF10? (This kind of question is more based on preference but I'll try to answer it in a way that might make you feel better about your decision)

I expect people to ask troll questions. Woopdeedoo, I'm bored and just wanna help people through the years of experience I've gotten through playing Cabal. If you wish to use your valuable time 2 ask troll questions, be my guest.

I'll say this: PvP is not my forte, but I'll try to answer it anyway! Onward with the questions.
    Fear is an Illusion

bump,

anyway, i dont war that much anymore, but i was wondering how handicap worked.
    say there are 6 wars in a day (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6 for simplicity). so on a given day if caps won wars 1-5 one day would procs have 25% bonus on war 6?

or does it work like this. on monday-friday say caps always win war 1, but on the same monday-firday procs always win war 2. on Saturday would war #1 have a 25% handicap for procs and war #2 on Saturday have a 25% bonus for caps?

This always flustered me because i always got different answers.

I'm not entirely sure how the handicap works, but I believe it has to do with calling the game. If one side calls the game, then the other side will start to accumulate a handicap. For instance, in Mercury T4, the caps have a handicap against the procs (its like 20 procs vs 18 caps) but this happens only because caps called the game a lot (i think...) and that handicap has been there for a long time because procs are having a hard time calling against caps.
    Once again not 100% sure but I think thats how it works
    Fear is an Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Lyro View Post
    I'm not entirely sure how the handicap works, but I believe it has to do with calling the game. If one side calls the game, then the other side will start to accumulate a handicap. For instance, in Mercury T4, the caps have a handicap against the procs (its like 20 procs vs 18 caps) but this happens only because caps called the game a lot (i think...) and that handicap has been there for a long time because procs are having a hard time calling against caps.
    Once again not 100% sure but I think thats how it works
    oh right i forgot that wars can be called. After going t5 and seeing only S and some M bases being taken i forgot about what happens when one team takes everything lol

This was when bm3 first came out for venus wars, not sure how much has changed up until now

War handicap is only effected by called games, not win/lose games (unless they changed this in a past update since it was first introduce I'm not sure)

It also goes by the same times. aka war 1 only effects war 1 and obviously only in w/e tier. Handicap also does nothing to the bonus war (9pm pst saturday 170-190 war) and it is always even.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by i sell stuff View Post
    bump,

anyway, i dont war that much anymore, but i was wondering how handicap worked.
    say there are 6 wars in a day (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6 for simplicity). so on a given day if caps won wars 1-5 one day would procs have 25% bonus on war 6?

or does it work like this. on monday-friday say caps always win war 1, but on the same monday-firday procs always win war 2. on Saturday would war #1 have a 25% handicap for procs and war #2 on Saturday have a 25% bonus for caps?

This always flustered me because i always got different answers.
    How handicap works is by the time of teh war. Say you lose the 2pm CST war, it will not affect the handicap of the next war but rather it will affect the 2pm CST war of the next day.