Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Nation balancing concept

Nation balancing concept

Ok, the other new idea I thought up today might sound kinda harsh at first, but let me explain why it isn't.

Basically, the side with the greater % of faction chosen players (anyone who can war) has a reduction in amount of either wexp or honor they receive.
    Now this sounds mean, but what this does is causes a large shift on those who care soley about the wexp. Typically there are more Procyon so caps would get a higher amount, but alot of those procs would want that bonus and so they'd swap over, thus balancing the numbers a little more. Even moreso, if players can see the % difference then they may make their nation choice differently than just always picking the "winning" team.

An example of how much reduction is like -1% per 2% higher population. Or maybe an even -1% per 1% higher.

This almost forces players to want to have an even number of both sides.

It's just an idea though.

This coincides a little better with the old version of winning team getting more wexp too.

Edit: It seems better to do the opposite. The side with less members gets more WExp.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 09-20-2012 at 09:21 PM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

promote losing?

im totaly for the nation balanceing, its overdue. and about premoteing loseing. lets see sreti is proc all of cd changed to proc other then me. is it a wonder we lose t5 war. if some of the end game op players would to our side we might acutaly win but what fun would an actual callange be

Nation balance on a whole is unattainable. Players will do and seek advantage everytime no matter what changes are made to NW. As far as how wexp was given back in the day players usually first picked nation not so much cause of bonus but more so to be with thier guildy mates or friends. As players became more sophisticated with game play this is when nation swapping began and believe me when I say EST doesn't mind it at all. Because it means money in thier pockets i.e. Cash Shop only place to buy Black Transmuter. Anyhow nice try and thought but unattainable.

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteFalcon View Post
    promote losing?

not promote losing. the amount of wexp you get would be based on how many people your nation has. not on how often your nation wins. What it really promotes is being on the side with least people, which would alternate over time.

overall its not a bad idea. a lot of people would be going back between proc and cap like every couple weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    not promote losing. the amount of wexp you get would be based on how many people your nation has. not on how often your nation wins. What it really promotes is being on the side with least people, which would alternate over time.

overall its not a bad idea. a lot of people would be going back between proc and cap like every couple weeks though.
    EST would say yes to that lol. = more money for them.

But yea this was not the idea of losing (idk know where you even thought of that).

As I said, it's based off total population of either side. Right now I'd say that probably close to 70% of warring players are proc. Now the alternative is instead NOT having a reduction, but an increase for the smaller nation. Then caps would earn more Wexp or honor, and then you don't have your ppl that QQ about getting less wexp. All this reguardless of who wins or loses.

My FB Guide

Banned
    yo concepts

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Ok, the other new idea I thought up today might sound kinda harsh at first, but let me explain why it isn't.

Basically, the side with the greater % of faction chosen players (anyone who can war) has a reduction in amount of either wexp or honor they receive.
    Now this sounds mean, but what this does is causes a large shift on those who care soley about the wexp. Typically there are more Procyon so caps would get a higher amount, but alot of those procs would want that bonus and so they'd swap over, thus balancing the numbers a little more. Even moreso, if players can see the % difference then they may make their nation choice differently than just always picking the "winning" team.

An example of how much reduction is like -1% per 2% higher population. Or maybe an even -1% per 1% higher.

This almost forces players to want to have an even number of both sides.

It's just an idea though.

This coincides a little better with the old version of winning team getting more wexp too.
    x.x i agree with your title that nations need balancing but not so much on the idea sorry :/
    edit: they should make it hard to nation change so people are not flip flopin sides so much

The game already has a factor that is determined on the number of players in your faction so the additional coding wouldn't be excessive work to create. Honor gained from kills in War zones are already determined by this factor.

Now what if they applied this in compounding with kills IN war, so that the less members you have TOTAL you earn more honor per kill in war as well and swapping the out of war in war zones to be correct.

My FB Guide