Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Public GvG - Merc - overview and stuff

Public GvG - Merc - overview and stuff

Hello everyone and sorry Venus players this is really just for mercury, but you guys can read it and make fun of them.

Ok today FearNoTavi and I held a public GvG (he volunteered to be the other team leader) and I'm quite disappointed with how few of you showed up. Even Venus had more players on their first few. It may have been at too early an hour for most yall, but I thought most ppl got home after school around 3:40. Whatever. Point being, we needed more ppl.

Though the teams were quite unbalanced this round, tomorrow I will host one AFTER the Arcane Golum in Ch 7 DS. Teams will be created there. If you are NOT there to participate, stand off to the side while teams are being sorted and evened out. Feel free to post on here that you wanna join, idc. Just show up when we start it. I'll mega. Also, we need a couple video capture people if possible for it and the following test.

A note to all lower levels, you are allowed to join, but know that you're not going to be alot of help against 180s. Simply because the level and stats differences alone account for 1/3 of your damage output, even if you are well geared.

Following the GvG will be a trial test of Capture the Flag styled GvG. It'll be quite different and you'll need to pay attention to the few rules, so you don't screw it up. The design is simple enough and can make for an extremely exciting variation of GvG if everyone cooperates by not trying to cheat (like BM or continuously warping in and out of town excessively. The rules will be laid out when all participants are present. Remember, it's a trial run, so don't take it too seriously. (I have told HGM Lorkan about this and he'd love to see this recorded, since he won't be able to be present, so maybe they can set up much better versions for events in the future)

I apologize that I cannot afford any sort of reward to the winning team unless players unanimously decide to donate alz each for the winning team to collect (basically kinda like a bet). That's not likely to happen so just count on it being just for fun and experience. I look forward to battling with you guys and hope my internet isn't as bad tomorrow as it was tonight (took me 3-4 seconds just to start combo which by then I was 1/2 dead and then lag killed me the rest of the way after my combo broke).

If it turns out successful, I will try to host more of them in the future for you guys, hopefully being able to support some award on the weekends.

P.S. If yall really really turn out to join these often enough, we may be able to create multiple teams (Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow) and have them pit against each other play-off styled and have an award for the champions at the end. This is with the consideration that each team has about 10 members each.
    P.S.S. If the CTF GvG turns out successful, there are also variations of that method that can be done and with larger scaled battles (like 20v20) the flags can be even cross map (like BI to DS) or attack and defend battles taking turns.

Good luck!
    --- Valdoroth Kai

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Come back to Venus dammit >.< whenever I go online the guild is so dead! Terror hasn't logged in like 15days and Lexi went to another guild.....and trust me I don't want to chat with Faowin coz he's boring...badly enough he's always on whenever I go on >.>
    eerrr vent is dead too
    Last edited by Lucifer; 09-06-2012 at 07:33 PM.

not everyone that plays goes to school some people are at work like i am

also very possible people are too lazy and just dont care

good luck to all in this little event as once again ill be at work >.<

Banned
    q riiiico

its not summer anymore

Ill be there

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Hello everyone and sorry Venus players this is really just for mercury, but you guys can read it and make fun of them.

Ok today FearNoTavi and I held a public GvG (he volunteered to be the other team leader) and I'm quite disappointed with how few of you showed up. Even Venus had more players on their first few. It may have been at too early an hour for most yall, but I thought most ppl got home after school around 3:40. Whatever. Point being, we needed more ppl.

Though the teams were quite unbalanced this round, tomorrow I will host one AFTER the Arcane Golum in Ch 7 DS. Teams will be created there. If you are NOT there to participate, stand off to the side while teams are being sorted and evened out. Feel free to post on here that you wanna join, idc. Just show up when we start it. I'll mega. Also, we need a couple video capture people if possible for it and the following test.

A note to all lower levels, you are allowed to join, but know that you're not going to be alot of help against 180s. Simply because the level and stats differences alone account for 1/3 of your damage output, even if you are well geared.

Following the GvG will be a trial test of Capture the Flag styled GvG. It'll be quite different and you'll need to pay attention to the few rules, so you don't screw it up. The design is simple enough and can make for an extremely exciting variation of GvG if everyone cooperates by not trying to cheat (like BM or continuously warping in and out of town excessively. The rules will be laid out when all participants are present. Remember, it's a trial run, so don't take it too seriously. (I have told HGM Lorkan about this and he'd love to see this recorded, since he won't be able to be present, so maybe they can set up much better versions for events in the future)

I apologize that I cannot afford any sort of reward to the winning team unless players unanimously decide to donate alz each for the winning team to collect (basically kinda like a bet). That's not likely to happen so just count on it being just for fun and experience. I look forward to battling with you guys and hope my internet isn't as bad tomorrow as it was tonight (took me 3-4 seconds just to start combo which by then I was 1/2 dead and then lag killed me the rest of the way after my combo broke).

If it turns out successful, I will try to host more of them in the future for you guys, hopefully being able to support some award on the weekends.

P.S. If yall really really turn out to join these often enough, we may be able to create multiple teams (Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow) and have them pit against each other play-off styled and have an award for the champions at the end. This is with the consideration that each team has about 10 members each.
    P.S.S. If the CTF GvG turns out successful, there are also variations of that method that can be done and with larger scaled battles (like 20v20) the flags can be even cross map (like BI to DS) or attack and defend battles taking turns.

Good luck!
    --- Valdoroth Kai
    <Image Removed>
    no one cares yo

"I care." - Lorkan
    Last edited by [GM] Lorkan; 09-07-2012 at 03:06 PM.

^

That's him not caring

merc sux venus ftw

Now RETIRED after 5 years of Cabal Service
    [My Minisha Solo][My No Bar PlumaSolo][Me Soloing MO]
    #1 FA In Venus Wassup?
    Cabal NA : ForceArcher Hall Of Fame

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast