Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CrushingRaid/SynGreis Candidate Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    u azn it not like it hard to get you drunk
    lol, normal korean work forces are forced to get -faced after work by their superior every day. anyone who's went to korea would be mind boggled at how high their tolerance is.

but then again, almost every country drinks more than amrika

back on top, anyone else agrees that security must be caught up?

How do you plan to fix the security problems against third party programs (cheat engine) with a Q&A with the devs?
    So your plan is to acknowledge them about how garbage there anti-cheat system is? that doesn't really fix it right...
    and then what?
    tell them the NA branch is doo doo?
    tell them you can bypass gameguard ez?
    Last edited by 1337; 09-13-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Yes, and i will show them possible alternatives on how to stop them. Releasing how i bypassed it onto forums or anywhere like elitepvpers is just plain stupid.

Q&A can lead to other issues also. Such as "Hey i noticed your gameguard and code is pretty crappy, but heres a few ways we can improve upon it".

NA got it together compared to Indonesia, Europe, Philippines, but the majority of what i have in store is applicable in all regions.

Also the anticheat is not theirs. its simply a program that hooks onto it and prevents the client memory addresses from being tampered, and it monitors packet distribution so if your spamming no skill delay, they can view the GG logs by the .erls and say, hey this guy sent alot more packets then usual, lets go investigate them. Easy way to get around the .erl logs is to simply delete them and leave a script running to delete them every 10 seconds or so. So the developers or whoever has the administrative tools to view the erl files that periodically gets sent views nothing out of the ordinary.

So, Estsoft does not own GameGuard, they just add it as a cheat prevention system. So yes gameguard is sh!t, but its not estsofts fault. HackShield isnt even better. The problem relies in the flexibility and controls that is client side.\

If the developers know that one of my intention is to provide them possible alternatives to close exploits and prevent cheat systems, do you not think they will maybe set aside more time when they realize im not talking out of my ass?

actually its as simple as using EU's 64 bit version of gg. ya it can be bypassed but it doesn't take a genius of a gm to see who is using a bypass and who isn't. no one cares about na so don't expect them to actually give a shiit

Banned
    I'll vote for you crush...I'd throw my nomination up but it's typhoon season in KR so...HAVE FUN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crushingraid View Post
    Yes, and i will show them possible alternatives on how to stop them. Releasing how i bypassed it onto forums or anywhere like elitepvpers is just plain stupid.
    Not many anti cheats have the resources gameguard/punkbuster/hackshield have, there is a reason most games use them, as they are regularly updated. Anything released on epvp is released to developers/GMs anyway, they can view any exploit public for the game and decide what needs to be done from there accordingly.

Q&A can lead to other issues also. Such as "Hey i noticed your gameguard and code is pretty crappy, but heres a few ways we can improve upon it".
    Gameguard is not coded by developers of EST, you can forward tips suggestions to INCA/nprotect without needing to Q&A developers about public methods of bypass they presumably already are aware of. They have always had access to all public exploits from the start, any change they make to the mechanics would probably have a direct result in gameplay changes in order to address the flaws in the game, like the aoe modifications, skill delay ect. There always has been and always will be exploits for any game, gameguard is to prevent this from occurring uncontrolled, once its bypassed all the modifications are result of exploiting mechanics and design flaws, you can't re-code the mechanics to prevent someone from exploiting game mechanics but just stay up to date on preventing them. They could dump GM debug address, but the packet AOE will still exist emulating the client sending the packet using the same ASM.....They could restrict AOE on skills via packets then when someone lags client->server they get d/c'd quicker by the new a/c function, lol. No skill delay could be better but a limit on how much spam does a decent enough job to prevent people from soloing things that regen/heal ect.

its simply a program that hooks onto it and prevents the client memory addresses from being tampered, and it monitors packet distribution so if your spamming no skill delay, they can view the GG logs by the .erls and say, hey this guy sent alot more packets then usual, lets go investigate them.
    That was a pretty crude assumption, I'm not sure where your getting that information but its not nearly correct, the erl logs are not submitted in real time to inca, nor est "administrators", I know of plenty of accounts that exceeded the no skill delay spam intentionally forcing error codes, about 2-3,000 error codes and no ban and no not deleting .erl files every 10 seconds, Lol.... Most likely the player did something else to result in ban, most of the error codes are result of the server rejecting the packet, not gameguard detecting something wrong, once gameguard is fully bypassed you can verify this by still receiving error codes when doing certain things interacting with server. You could leave a character open spamming dcing doing CA all day or whatever, stay off top 10 board and be fine; change a item desc of a tit sword to voucher and attempt to use it with gg disabled, receive same rejected packet from the server and the account is flagged/banned pretty fast, probably sends error report to billing support although thats a crude assumption as well.

I was under the same impression until a close friend of mine proved me wrong sitting next to me, without any exploits just skill delay and modified bm2 dc'd for months str8 before we stopped playing, still not banned I checked after reading your paragraph, Lol. I sincerely doubt there is as direct of a correlation between delay spam and being banned. I still have not been able to verify that they are actually banning from the rejected packet. Gameguard doesn't have anything to do with the rejected packet from the server, it simply fails the logic algorithm.

Easy way to get around the .erl logs is to simply delete them and leave a script running to delete them every 10 seconds or so. So the developers or whoever has the administrative tools to view the erl files that periodically gets sent views nothing out of the ordinary.
    Nobody needs to "get around .erl logs", These .erl logs are client sided, deleting them does not heighten chance of getting away with an exploit, it just erases any log gg has made about your computer, for your gg module. As GG constantly writes these logs, any pertinent data for flags or detections will not be solely stored in .erl logs on the client computer.

Overall I think developers know what can/should be done to clean up the exploits area, just a simple browse in epvp will let them know all of the public user exploits, its like here patch this and that if you want type forum I guess. No I don't really think they would dump GG which is a relatively affective anti cheat for some unknown ac, because no ac is perfect it makes sense to stay with gg and just patch exploits on the client builds, no matter what AC is used, they will still have bots ect after someone unpacks/debugs the new protections...
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 09-15-2012 at 05:15 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

elitepvpers isnt the only site that deals with hacks.

"Q&A can lead to other issues also. Such as "Hey i noticed your gameguard and code is pretty crappy, but heres a few ways we can improve upon it".

notice the AND here.

your friend not being banned maybe just a lucky draw as they accidentally skimmed through it. i had a few accounts that was spamming nsd also for months never got banned. took a break came back spammed it once got the ban hammer.

even if they remove the gm address completely, aoe will still exist and it will always e found a way to hack aoe and increase its range. for example skills.enc just increase its aoe range and there you go, voila you just bypassed gm address completely.

Since ep9 unpacking was increasingly more difficult, finding the proper addresses was a bit delayed. But the main problem is the enc files. perhaps they should develope a randomizing XOR key so it will never be the same. lineage developed this prior to teh step of storing everything server side.

files with gameguard send regular reports to gameguard and estsoft relating to packet use and other similar possible intrusions. .erl files is the consolidations and holds indexes to those errors, hence why they look at .erl files. I spoke to nprotect by email and they notified me the way gameguard works limited to that since i was putting the impression i was developing my own game and was looking into gameguard and asked how gameguard works.

spamming bm2 fa and getting d/c doesnt always mean you will get banned. if you do it in dungeons or cas and dont hit top 10, you can stay safe. but gms has tools for other things such as fast leveling. if you go from 1-100 in less then 24 hours they may investigate.

like i said back in some of my posts, gameguard is not the issue, the coding is. once gameguard is bypassed completely people can wreck havoc. its even worse if they can remove the disconnection flags.

i agree no matter what anticheat is used there will always be bots. but it can be greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    Not many anti cheats have the resources gameguard/punkbuster/hackshield have, there is a reason most games use them, as they are regularly updated. Anything released on epvp is released to developers/GMs anyway, they can view any exploit public for the game and decide what needs to be done from there accordingly.

Gameguard is not coded by developers of EST, you can forward tips suggestions to INCA/nprotect without needing to Q&A developers about public methods of bypass they presumably already are aware of. They have always had access to all public exploits from the start, any change they make to the mechanics would probably have a direct result in gameplay changes in order to address the flaws in the game, like the aoe modifications, skill delay ect. There always has been and always will be exploits for any game, gameguard is to prevent this from occurring uncontrolled, once its bypassed all the modifications are result of exploiting mechanics and design flaws, you can't re-code the mechanics to prevent someone from exploiting game mechanics but just stay up to date on preventing them. They could dump GM debug address, but the packet AOE will still exist emulating the client sending the packet using the same ASM.....They could restrict AOE on skills via packets then when someone lags client->server they get d/c'd quicker by the new a/c function, lol. No skill delay could be better but a limit on how much spam does a decent enough job to prevent people from soloing things that regen/heal ect.

That was a pretty crude assumption, I'm not sure where your getting that information but its not nearly correct, the erl logs are not submitted in real time to inca, nor est "administrators", I know of plenty of accounts that exceeded the no skill delay spam intentionally forcing error codes, about 2-3,000 error codes and no ban and no not deleting .erl files every 10 seconds, Lol.... Most likely the player did something else to result in ban, most of the error codes are result of the server rejecting the packet, not gameguard detecting something wrong, once gameguard is fully bypassed you can verify this by still receiving error codes when doing certain things interacting with server. You could leave a character open spamming dcing doing CA all day or whatever, stay off top 10 board and be fine; change a item desc of a tit sword to voucher and attempt to use it with gg disabled, receive same rejected packet from the server and the account is flagged/banned pretty fast, probably sends error report to billing support although thats a crude assumption as well.

I was under the same impression until a close friend of mine proved me wrong sitting next to me, without any exploits just skill delay and modified bm2 dc'd for months str8 before we stopped playing, still not banned I checked after reading your paragraph, Lol. I sincerely doubt there is as direct of a correlation between delay spam and being banned. I still have not been able to verify that they are actually banning from the rejected packet. Gameguard doesn't have anything to do with the rejected packet from the server, it simply fails the logic algorithm.

Nobody needs to "get around .erl logs", These .erl logs are client sided, deleting them does not heighten chance of getting away with an exploit, it just erases any log gg has made about your computer, for your gg module. As GG constantly writes these logs, any pertinent data for flags or detections will not be solely stored in .erl logs on the client computer.

Overall I think developers know what can/should be done to clean up the exploits area, just a simple browse in epvp will let them know all of the public user exploits, its like here patch this and that if you want type forum I guess. No I don't really think they would dump GG which is a relatively affective anti cheat for some unknown ac, because no ac is perfect it makes sense to stay with gg and just patch exploits on the client builds, no matter what AC is used, they will still have bots ect after someone unpacks/debugs the new protections...

If we wanted to send a real hacker with the best knowledge, we would send sn0wXz

what has snow done lately?

all his info comes from elitepvpers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast