Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Force Blader Sword and Magic Skills - Need info please!

Force Blader Sword and Magic Skills - Need info please!

Hey all, I could use a little info/advice on the sword and magic skills for a Force Blader, my FB is lvl 119 currently but still a little confused on the skills.

My current skills I have are:

Sword

Fade Step lv 9
    Dash lv 9
    Force Slash lv 20
    Force Assault lv 20
    Dance of Ruin lv 20
    Force Kick lv 9
    Infernal Stigma lv 20
    Abyssal Crystal lv 20
    Force Impact lv 9
    Infernal Impact lv 9
    Assassinate lv 12
    Seal of Damnation lv 9

Magic

Earth Guard lv 20
    Lightning Blade lv 20
    Wind Movement lv 20
    Aqua Vitality lv 20
    Stone Cannon lv 20
    Aqua Cannon lv 20
    Lightning Cannon lv 20
    Wind Cannon lv 20
    Enervation lv 20
    Defense Down lv 20
    Guard Break lv 20
    Blind lv 20
    Hard Luck lv 20
    Field of Enervation lv 20

Upgrade

Vitality Master lv 10
    Offensive Sense lv 6/8
    Defensive Sense lv 6/8
    Sixth Sense lvl 3
    Damage Absorb lv 3
    Impact Control lvl 2/3

I went with the debuffs because at the early lvls they help in pve, but I need to know are they worth keeping around for the higher lvls. Also, I'm not much interested in pvp, which is why I have yet to purchase the Mana Freeze, Field of Execration or Execration.

My current gear is: (Could use some advice about the gear as well please!!)

Ring of Luck +1 x3
    Critical Ring +1
    Amulet of Pain+4
    Earring of Kaith (+15 Max HP per hit)
    Granny's Earring (+15 Max HP per hit/+10 hp)
    Bracelet of Kaith (1% HP Absorb)
    Grannys Bracelet (2% HP Absorb)
    Epaulet of Fighter/Guard +6
    Board Card of Phantom Fera
    Belt of Vital +6?? (40 HP)
    Osmium Battlehelm of DB +5 1 slot 26% CDMG
    Osmium Battlesuit of Amp +4 1 slot 3% amp 50 hp
    Crafted Osmium Battle gloves 1 slot 5% amp +2 attack
    Osmium Batleboots +3 2 slot (empty) 3% amp
    Crafted Red Osmium Blade +4 2 slot 30% CDMG
    Topaz Orb of DB +2 1 slot 16% CDMG

Currently don't have the Honor Rank or I'd use a BoF+2, and don't have the cash or I'd try for all 7% amp gear.

At lvl 125 going to farm for alz to try and afford better gear, any advice on what gear to go for that is relatively cheap but would last a while? Currently have only about 5m, so please don't list any gears that are like 300m+

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpellBlade View Post
    Hey all, I could use a little info/advice on the sword and magic skills for a Force Blader, my FB is lvl 119 currently but still a little confused on the skills.

Sword

Fade Step lv 9
    Dash lv 9
    Force Slash lv 20
    Force Assault lv 20
    Dance of Ruin lv 20
    Force Kick lv 9
    Infernal Stigma lv 20
    Abyssal Crystal lv 20
    Force Impact lv 9
    Infernal Impact lv 9
    Assassinate lv 12
    Seal of Damnation lv 9

Magic

Earth Guard lv 20
    Lightning Blade lv 20
    Wind Movement lv 20
    Aqua Vitality lv 20
    Stone Cannon lv 20
    Aqua Cannon lv 20
    Lightning Cannon lv 20
    Wind Cannon lv 20
    Enervation lv 20
    Defense Down lv 20
    Guard Break lv 20
    Blind lv 20
    Hard Luck lv 20
    Sword Skills:

Get Impact Stab and Rising shot, both lv.20. They're fast skills, like force assault and force slash, and great for dealing quick damage especially to low defense targets; they might seem weak at low level but they get more useful as your Attack gets higher, so they are good to get early on since FB's have plenty of sword skill points.

Force Impact can be lv.20 too since you shouldn't be using it often (it's more for comical effect than usefulness in any situation...)

Magic Skills:

Not all pve debuffs are worth using, simply because the effect is so minimal compared to how much damage you could do with an extra hit, as well as using up skill points.

Blind, Guard Break, Lower Defense, those can be put down to lv.1, you won't cast them in pve.
    Generally you're just gonna Enervation > Hard luck > hit mob/boss > rinse and repeat.

Even if you're not interested in pvp, you're gonna want the pvp debuffs anyways. Everyone is gonna have to eventually n.war for Honor rank 10/11 to use +6/+7 accessories.

Darkness: This is a great debuff to have, even if you don't have a lot of points and keep it lv.1. Very useful for party dungeons.

Excretation and Field of Excretation: Same as darkness, but they really should be lv.20. With the duration and cooldown at lv.20, you can Excretation (20 seconds) > Field of Excretation (another 20 seconds after) > Excretation again (another 20 seconds) for a total of 60 seconds of practically nonstop unmovable.

So you should have Darkness and Excretation and Field of Excretation even if you only pve.

Mana Freeze: This is the only PURELY pvp debuff. If you really don't want it, you don't need it. It's very useful at low levels, but at high levels most people have enough MP to break it. At 180+, maybe 1/10th of players can be mf'd (a few WA's and BL's). *Note: MF takes away 1400 mp but Field of enervation can take away ~100ish, so you can actually remove 1500 mp from somebody. They'll need 1600+ mp to use all of their skills.

If you're having trouble with skill points: Deleting or putting lv.1 Guard Break, Blind, and Lower Defense will already get you a lot, but if you still need more you can lower wind cannon to lv.18. the attack and defense rate are less useful compared to attack, defense, and hp (so keep lightning, aqua, and stone at 20) but wind can be lowered without much consequence. The difference between lv.18 and 20 is almost nothing in stats. A lot of Fb keep it lv.9

In gear: Generally the most important stats to improve are crit rate > attack > crit dmg > amp

Vamp will keep you alive better than def/hp in pve so get high vamp earrings when you can. About 5%-6% hp steal is good at low levels; at higher levels (160~) 3-4% is enough. The harder you hit, the less % steal you need.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Cathy; 09-26-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    Sword Skills:

Get Impact Stab and Rising shot, both lv.20. They're fast skills, like force assault and force slash, and great for dealing quick damage especially to low defense targets; they might seem weak at low level but they get more useful as your Attack gets higher, so they are good to get early on since FB's have plenty of sword skill points.

Force Impact can be lv.20 too since you shouldn't be using it often (it's more for comical effect than usefulness in any situation...)

Magic Skills:

Not all pve debuffs are worth using, simply because the effect is so minimal compared to how much damage you could do with an extra hit, as well as using up skill points.

Blind, Guard Break, Lower Defense, those can be put down to lv.1, you won't cast them in pve.
    Generally you're just gonna Enervation > Hard luck > hit mob/boss > rinse and repeat.

Even if you're not interested in pvp, you're gonna want the pvp debuffs anyways. Everyone is gonna have to eventually n.war for Honor rank 10/11 to use +6/+7 accessories.

Darkness: This is a great debuff to have, even if you don't have a lot of points and keep it lv.1. Very useful for party dungeons.

Excretation and Field of Excretation: Same as darkness, but they really should be lv.20. With the duration and cooldown at lv.20, you can Excretation (20 seconds) > Field of Excretation (another 20 seconds after) > Excretation again (another 20 seconds) for a total of 60 seconds of practically nonstop unmovable.

So you should have Darkness and Excretation and Field of Excretation even if you only pve.

Mana Freeze: This is the only PURELY pvp debuff. If you really don't want it, you don't need it. It's very useful at low levels, but at high levels most people have enough MP to break it. At 180+, maybe 1/10th of players can be mf'd (a few WA's and BL's). *Note: MF takes away 1400 mp but Field of enervation can take away ~100ish, so you can actually remove 1500 mp from somebody. They'll need 1600+ mp to use all of their skills.

If you're having trouble with skill points: Deleting or putting lv.1 Guard Break, Blind, and Lower Defense will already get you a lot, but if you still need more you can lower wind cannon to lv.18. the attack and defense rate are less useful compared to attack, defense, and hp (so keep lightning, aqua, and stone at 20) but wind can be lowered without much consequence. The difference between lv.18 and 20 is almost nothing in stats. A lot of Fb keep it lv.9

In gear: Generally the most important stats to improve are crit rate > attack > crit dmg > amp

Vamp will keep you alive better than def/hp in pve so get high vamp earrings when you can. About 5%-6% hp steal is good at low levels; at higher levels (160~) 3-4% is enough. The harder you hit, the less % steal you need.

I hope this helps.
    How come Impact Stab and Rising Shot? They are rather weak even if fast, my current combo is:

Seal of Damnation lv 9 > Assassinate lv 12 > Infernal Impact lv 9 Able to successfully Auto Attack those three as well as chain combo those three and still ditch out a lot of damage since all three have several attacks. If I need to stun a mob, I add Infernal Stigma to the start.

Currently what I do for pve as for debuffs:

Lower Defense > Guard Break > Blind > Enervation > Hard Luck

Then go into my attacks with the above combo for bosses, for regular mobs I just go into my attacks... Execration and Field of Execration look more like straight up PVP buffs to me, so far that i have seen, at no point do I want to bind mobs to their place whether grinding or in dungeons... as my three skills I use are all mid-close range, Seal of Damnation is the only Long Ranged skill I use, Assassinate and Infernal Impact both run up to the mob before activating unless there are mobs between me and my target.

Unless Excretation and Field of Excretation cause the target to be unable to attack for the duration (which I doubt)

Also, for the Magic Attack skills, Lightning, Wind, Aqua and Stone Cannons... are they even used? Or just kept solely for the BM1?

Currently, for my attack, crit rate, crit damage and amp... Im sitting at 50% Crit Rate, 118% Crit DMG, 14% Sword Amp, Attack I dont know atm as I can't log on..
    Last edited by SpellBlade; 09-26-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Banned
    How come Impact Stab and Rising Shot? They are rather weak even if fast, my current combo is:

Seal of Damnation lv 9 > Assassinate lv 12 > Infernal Impact lv 9 Able to successfully Auto Attack those three as well as chain combo those three and still ditch out a lot of damage since all three have several attacks. If I need to stun a mob, I add Infernal Stigma to the start.

Currently what I do for pve as for debuffs:

Lower Defense > Guard Break > Blind > Enervation > Hard Luck

Then go into my attacks with the above combo for bosses, for regular mobs I just go into my attacks... Execration and Field of Execration look more like straight up PVP buffs to me, so far that i have seen, at no point do I want to bind mobs to their place whether grinding or in dungeons... as my three skills I use are all mid-close range, Seal of Damnation is the only Long Ranged skill I use, Assassinate and Infernal Impact both run up to the mob before activating unless there are mobs between me and my target.

Unless Excretation and Field of Excretation cause the target to be unable to attack for the duration (which I doubt)

Also, for the Magic Attack skills, Lightning, Wind, Aqua and Stone Cannons... are they even used? Or just kept solely for the BM1?

Currently, for my attack, crit rate, crit damage and amp... Im sitting at 50% Crit Rate, 118% Crit DMG, 14% Sword Amp, Attack I dont know atm as I can't log on..
    Impact Stab and Rising shot will put out more dps than your big slow skills, if your Attack is high enough, so they will become more useful as you get higher level (although they may not be at low level). And because your fast skills put out more dps eventually you'll want to use those more often, and push your big slow skills to higher levels for more damage when you do use them.

For big skills, common set ups include 9/9/18, 9/12/18, 9/15/18 (there is no perfect set up for every situation, everyone does them a bit dif). Generally you're gonna want to use mainly 2 big skills and a lot of fillers and keep one big skill higher level that you'll use only once in a while.

Again, for debuffs, only Enervation and Hard luck are worth casting in pve. The others really just eat up skill points.

Cannons are purely for bm1, but you can use any of the BM's in any aspect of the game; so you're gonna want to keep your cannons.

At high level dungeons its gonna be useful to make Bosses (even field bosses in pf) stop walking around, ESPECIALLY if you're in a party. Even if you're grinding, if you're suddenly low hp, mass rooting and running away to hp pot can save your life, or save your party members life. Same goes for darkness. Think about how your party benefits (especially WI/FA) if a boss has a range of like 7, and then you make it unable to move, and you lower its range.

Manafreeze is the ONLY purely pvp debuff. Darkness, Excretation, and Field of Excretation should be in your list even if you dont pvp.

It's not bad to have them in case you pvp anyways. Everyone eventually has to war to get their honor rank up for higher Vamp Earrings (A MUST in pve) and higher bracelets. Having these useful debuffs that you'll only use once in a while is much better than using Guardbreak/Blind/LowerDefense which are just a complete waste of time to cast.

I have infernal impact 12, assassinate 9, Sod 12(considering u should only be using it once every6-7 seconds), and all fillers to 20 including fk i don't use dor or rising shot simply because my combo of a balance is a of dmg and dps o.o
    As for the debuffs drop blind and gaurd break and get excretation and field excration both lvl 20 put defense down to lvl 1 just for the -26 defense for 20 seconds and put today points into mana freeze and last thing due to the lack of magic points id ut delevel wind cannon to get darkness to at least lvl 10 as its a anti fb root debuff if you use it the right way
    Gear is all based on your budget of course 40dmg topaz cry 40dmg redosm blade/kat 40 dmg terra/osm helm all +15 (rich budget) if you a broke ass like i am most the time +9 20dmg forcy blade/kat and crystal at least and 36dmg terra/osm helm in that case you'll need a bit more defense to make up for lost cdi so try for full +9 amp sig or terra minimum. Good luck becoming the best fb like me har har

all and all I'm talking from a freestyle pvpers point of view so i don't recommend you get the 40dmg items with full set of amp osm if you don't have the skill to make up for lack of dmg with forcy weps

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

Quote Originally Posted by jamnotjelly View Post
    I have infernal impact 12, assassinate 9, Sod 12(considering u should only be using it once every6-7 seconds), and all fillers to 20 including fk i don't use dor or rising shot simply because my combo of a balance is a of dmg and dps o.o
    As for the debuffs drop blind and gaurd break and get excretation and field excration both lvl 20 put defense down to lvl 1 just for the -26 defense for 20 seconds and put today points into mana freeze and last thing due to the lack of magic points id ut delevel wind cannon to get darkness to at least lvl 10 as its a anti fb root debuff if you use it the right way
    Gear is all based on your budget of course 40dmg topaz cry 40dmg redosm blade/kat 40 dmg terra/osm helm all +15 (rich budget) if you a broke ass like i am most the time +9 20dmg forcy blade/kat and crystal at least and 36dmg terra/osm helm in that case you'll need a bit more defense to make up for lost cdi so try for full +9 amp sig or terra minimum. Good luck becoming the best fb like me har har

all and all I'm talking from a freestyle pvpers point of view so i don't recommend you get the 40dmg items with full set of amp osm if you don't have the skill to make up for lack of dmg with forcy weps
    I've recently upgraded my gear somewhat, am now in: Forci Suit +7 3% amp 50 hp, Forci Gloves +7 3% amp 2% hp steal, and Forci Boots +7 3% amp 50 hp, also upgrade to Forci Kat +8 20 cdi and Topaz Orb +6 26 cdi, my helm is still the same, but looking into upgrading to Osm 36 cdi or S.Tit 40 cdi, depending on how quickly I can get the Alz for it

like many games, Sword & Magic offers the opportunity to craft various stuff, including sword, axe, mace, staff and wand, bow and clow, metal armor, cloth armor, leather armor and accessory. Dotmmo published a new browser game Goblin Keeper and gave a positive comment. I also think this game doesn't offer some new gameplays. I hope it will give us some surprises on the next update.
    Last edited by CabalOnline13; 12-02-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Sword

Fade Step lv 9
    Dash lv 9
    Force Slash lv 20
    Force Assault lv 20
    Dance of Ruin lv 20
    Force Kick lv 9
    Infernal Stigma lv 20
    Abyssal Crystal lv 20
    Force Impact lv 9
    Infernal Impact lv 9
    Assassinate lv 12
    Seal of Damnation lv 9

Magic

Earth Guard lv 20
    Lightning Blade lv 20
    Wind Movement lv 20
    Aqua Vitality lv 20
    Stone Cannon lv 20
    Aqua Cannon lv 20
    Lightning Cannon lv 20
    Wind Cannon lv 20
    Enervation lv 20
    Defense Down lv 20
    Guard Break lv 20
    Blind lv 20
    Hard Luck lv 20

Upgrade

Vitality Master lv 10
    Offensive Sense lv 6/8
    Defensive Sense lv 6/8
    Sixth Sense lvl 3
    Damage Absorb lv 3
    Impact Control lvl 2/3

I went with the debuffs because at the early lvls they help in pve, but I need to know are they worth keeping around for the higher lvls. Also, I'm not much interested in pvp, which is why I have yet to purchase the Mana Freeze, Field of Execration or Execration.

My current gear is: (Could use some advice about the gear as well please!!)

Ring of Luck +1 x3
    Critical Ring +1
    Amulet of Pain+4
    Earring of Kaith (+15 Max HP per hit)
    Granny's Earring (+15 Max HP per hit/+10 hp)
    Bracelet of Kaith (1% HP Absorb)
    Grannys Bracelet (2% HP Absorb)
    Epaulet of Fighter/Guard +6
    Board Card of Phantom Fera
    Belt of Vital +6?? (40 HP)
    Osmium Battlehelm of DB +5 1 slot 26% CDMG
    Osmium Battlesuit of Amp +4 1 slot 3% amp 50 hp
    Crafted Osmium Battle gloves 1 slot 5% amp +2 attack
    Osmium Batleboots +3 2 slot (empty) 3% amp
    Crafted Red Osmium Blade +4 2 slot 30% CDMG
    Topaz Orb of DB +2 1 slot 16% CDMG

Currently don't have the Honor Rank or I'd use a BoF+2, and don't have the cash or I'd try for all 7% amp gear.

At lvl 125 going to farm for alz to try and afford better gear, any advice on what gear to go for that is relatively cheap but would last a while? Currently have only about 5m, so please don't list any gears that are like 300m+

Force Kick should be level 18. Get some Vampire Earrings and BoF's, some vamp will help you too, and Cathy is right. Those small skills aren't really small, they're pretty good.
    I am Rebuke ~ zam. This is my signature ~ zam. ~ zam is mine forever ~ zam.