Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Gameguard error upon updating/loading Cabal - Please help

Gameguard error upon updating/loading Cabal - Please help

Everytime I load Cabal, it starts to load and then it shows up the GG box in the top left corner of my screen, it shows a progress bar that it is updating, the update gets about 1/4 the way done and then it closes out before bringing up the game. It shows an error and wont allow me to play the game at all. Can someone please help?

I have already deleted the GG folder and let it re-install, have rebooted my computer, ran my antivirus (won't turn it off) tried a clean startup and the error still occurs.

I can't uninstall and reinstall the game because my internet is to slow to redownload it.

cabal1.jpg
    The loader starting up with no issues.
    cabal2.jpg
    Then it shows the GG uploader.
    cabal3.jpg
    GG Error at 1/4 the upload.
    cabal4.jpg
    Then automatically sends to this link when I close out of Cabal. If I click "OK" rather than close it brings up another window before this.

Osmium
    Turn off ur AV for the update. then turn it back on...

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLwiz View Post
    Turn off ur AV for the update. then turn it back on...
    I don't think turning it off will do any different because I have had the same AV longer than I have had Cabal and it has always worked with it before.. also, I don't care to turn it off to do an update that is online, I have little liking for chances at viruses. Is there any other way to fix the issue?

Try to copy a GG folder from another player who have no problem with GG runing. I think it will solve your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukihirou View Post
    Try to copy a GG folder from another player who have no problem with GG runing. I think it will solve your issue.
    I don't know any other players personally to get a GG folder from. Do you have a working GG folder you could upload for me to copy? I've already tried deleting the current GG folder then rebooted my comp and ran the Cabal Startup, it re-installed the GG folder and then proceeded to do the update, and that is where it messes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukihirou View Post
    Didn't work, I tried to download the file and then load Cabal, wouldnt let me... GameGuard still starts its update and then doesnt finish it...

i got same problems as well..i already re-downloading gameguard/flushdns/clear cache/temp/prefetch folder/turn off firewall/anti-virus/install new fresh cabal.exe/whut else i left? still cant login cabal..gameguard seems being blocked by something...plz help us