Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top desktop/latop choices

Question Top desktop/latop choices

I'm planning on buying a new laptop or desktop in about 2 or 3 months and wheni told people i was thinking Alienware half of um was all like hellz naw its ass and the other half said it rocks so any suggestions lol.

Can be gaming or non gaming as long as it has a good media chip

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

Banned
    Macbook Pro

jk

Alienware? LOL

inb4pplsayitsgood

Now RETIRED after 5 years of Cabal Service
    [My Minisha Solo][My No Bar PlumaSolo][Me Soloing MO]
    #1 FA In Venus Wassup?
    Cabal NA : ForceArcher Hall Of Fame

>o>
    But but but it has pro in the name

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

definitely get alienware pay 1k for the case and logo on the start menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamnotjelly View Post
    I'm planning on buying a new laptop or desktop in about 2 or 3 months and wheni told people i was thinking Alienware half of um was all like hellz naw its ass and the other half said it rocks so any suggestions lol.

Can be gaming or non gaming as long as it has a good media chip
    How much money are you spending, and are you willing to put it together yourself?

Considering I'm saving up I'll spend a much as i need to if is worth it
    But I'd prefer under $1500

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

Banned
    dont buy an alienware,try to find some1 who knows about building PCs and just build ur own,alienware aint worth it.i learned that the hard way x.x lol

u can build a better pc with almost half of the cost of an alienware just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    dont buy an alienware,try to find some1 who knows about building PCs and just build ur own,alienware aint worth it.i learned that the hard way x.x lol

u can build a better pc with almost half of the cost of an alienware just saying....

What like buy all the parts? never made a pc just bought um o.o

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

If you want a computer for gaming, don't buy a laptop, get a desktop. Also, current premade desktop on the market are filled with crappy component and don't have good balance (strong CPU with weak GPU) in order to maximize profits. For that, i suggest you to build your own computer, it's alot easier to do than it looks like. Depending on your budget, you can chose amd or intel. AMD generally has a better performance/price (good for low budgets) ration but intel is the best there is (although a little more expensive). I personally think that building a low budget computer is a bad idea, because your computer would be outdated really fast. Building a mid or high budget computer with possibility to upgrade (having a SLI compatible motherboard and overclockable CPU for example) is the way to go. What I suggest for a good and relatively($1000 range) cheap gaming computer is an i5 2500k or 3570k (the "k" is important)(only get an i7 if you multitask like crazy), a high end graphic card from either AMD or NVIDIA that can have decent framerate in recent videogames, 8 or 16 Gb of ram (16Gb being a little overkill at the moment), a SLI/Crossfire compatible motherboard (PCIE 3.0 if possible) with SATA-3 ports, a SSD (120Gb and i recommend intel 520) for the OS and programs coupled with an HDD for storage (or only a really fast HDD if you are low on budget) ,a case with good ventilation (Corsair) and a 80%+ efficiency PSU that can supports dual graphic cards (750W+).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast